[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Yah, it was, though leading up to Bure's hit on Chula, the guy was skating an around looking for a target himself.

Yup. If a guy refused to fight (Churla was a rat) then it was up to the players to do something. Pavel did something. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

I saw a pie chart with this earlier...makes me nervous. As soon as people start catching on about us...I like it best when it's just kept on the down low. 😎 Surprise attack.

Nux not going to surprise anyone. #1 or 2 in the league, 5 all stars plus the coach.  The betting market will milk it for what it's worth.  

As long the players listen to the coach and not be fat and happy.  They haven't won anything yet.   They need to play like an underdog and keep their nose down and outwork their opponents each game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yah, it was, though leading up to Bure's hit on Chula, the guy was skating an around looking for a target himself.

Watched a few games from the Calgary series, was there ever a lot of hooking and skiing going on in that era. Clutch and grab was terrible hockey, how did anyone get a goal let alone 60 in a season? 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Watched a few games from the Calgary series, was there ever a lot of hooking and skiing going on in that era. Clutch and grab was terrible hockey, how did anyone get a goal let alone 60 in a season? 

Well for starters Pavel knew coming into the NHL there was a lot of hooking and grabbing. He was a rocket so speed was never going to be a problem, but one thing he did incorporate into his training was this….a parachute. What a gem and scored so many electrifying goals to boot! 

Go Canucks!

IMG_1328.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. If a guy refused to fight (Churla was a rat) then it was up to the players to do something. Pavel did something. 

Churla was definitely not a rat.  He was a seriously tough customer who never failed to answer the bell

10 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

There was clutch and grab, but there weren't a lot of complex systems.  When combined with a generation of highly skilled offensively minded players, it led to a lot of offense, regardless of clutch and grab

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh dear. I'm not expecting great things tomorrow morning...

Maybe they'll be hungry when they touch down in Columbus...

...hungry for the win!  :towel:

(Isn't that what most people say about eating Chinese?  that it leaves them feeling hungry quicker?  I can't say I've noticed a difference, but I've only been eating Chinese style meals for almost all of my life... 😝 )

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If they dominate tomorrow Panda Express sponsorship on the helmets?

Word of mouth works way better with joints like these.  Just need to inconspicuously drop "panda" and "express" in a casual manner in the post-game interviews, and that'll do far better than a logo on their helmet.  :hurhur:

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The Canucks will be home early tomorrow.  It is better that way than coming home if they have had a normal 7pm ET start and they'd be catching red-eye flight home.    From my experience, a non-stop flight out from Ohio got to Seattle at 8pm PT, departing from Cincinnati  at around 6 pm ET.  I remember that trip.  Considering all of the weather, I think we caught a break in term of scheduling.  They'll be treating this as a morning practice.   That way in term of a full rest with two full days, vs 1 1/2 days of rest when factored in the travelling.    I kind of wish that the Canucks have a game against the Leafs coming straight from Buffalo if any lake-effect snow and should  be a part of their road trip iteration in the future.  San Jose also was stuck in Ottawa and is scheduled to play against the Sabres tomorrow morning in Buffalo

12 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe they'll be hungry when they touch down in Columbus...

...hungry for the win!  :towel:

(Isn't that what most people say about eating Chinese?  that it leaves them feeling hungry quicker?  I can't say I've noticed a difference, but I've only been eating Chinese style meals for almost all of my life... 😝 )

Word of mouth works way better with joints like these.  Just need to inconspicuously drop "panda" and "express" in a casual manner in the post-game interviews, and that'll do far better than a logo on their helmet.  :hurhur:

Make sure to order it with extra MSG 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Miller crush popped Dahlin and then (IMHAO) he could have really pounded Power but chose to let up in the fight. I think Miller knew he had a guy who wasn’t a fighter and let him off the hook. Total class by Miller. I remember Igonla used to do that. If he knew a guy was standing up for a teammate, but wasn’t a fighter, he would not pound him. Same class as Miller shows. 
And Dahlin has something wrong with him. That drama stuff isn’t going to win over his teammates. 

Much as I (and pretty much any Canuck fan) love the tough / mean streak Miller has, he shouldn't be fighting, setting aside that one does have answer a bell now and then, yes. Sitting in the box for 5 minutes at a time (or more) rather than filling the net with vulcanized rubber is not the best use of his talent. However, the biggest issue is getting injured and out for weeks at the most in opportune time.

I recall one game, many moons ago, Bure decided to go toe to toe with some unmemorable player and left the game with a finger injury. He didn't miss many games but it could have been much worse. Leaving the ice hunched over, it looked like Pavel's finger was broken (thankfully it wasn't). I think a quiet word was whispered in Pavel's ear not to do that again and others stepped in for him (Momesso, Diduck, Babych, etc.) 

Now if Miller was lined up against McDavid, then well now, GAME ON!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Much as I (and pretty much any Canuck fan) love the tough / mean streak Miller has, he shouldn't be fighting, setting aside that one does have answer a bell now and then, yes. Sitting in the box for 5 minutes at a time (or more) rather than filling the net with vulcanized rubber is not the best use of his talent. However, the biggest issue is getting injured and out for weeks at the most in opportune time.

I recall one game, many moons ago, Bure decided to go toe to toe with some unmemorable player and left the game with a finger injury. He didn't miss many games but it could have been much worse. Leaving the ice hunched over, it looked like Pavel's finger was broken. I think a quiet word was whispered in Pavel's ear not to do that again and others stepped in for him (Momesso, Diduck, Babych, etc.) 

Now if Miller was lined up against McDavid, then well now, GAME ON!

JTM didn’t throw a punch in this fight. He’s a unicorn player. Big, skilled, hard to play against, tough as hell, high scoring centre/wing. I can’t think of another player as good as him (with that skill set) in the league. 

• Cheers 1