[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

You can probably add Dry-Saddle to that list although I do not know how much he plays on the PK (some more knowledgeable than me can inform) ... certainly on PP, FO, Points, not much for dropping the mitts. However if he rides the pine on the PK then probably off the list.

Draisaitl doesn’t PK very much, doesn’t hit and doesn’t fight.  He’s not really much of a power forward…

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He may tick all the boxes except dropping the gloves, but he doesn’t do all of those things better than Miller.  You can argue that Miller currently even scores better than McDavid.

The other stat I forgot about that every power forward excels at is hits.  Miller again is on pace for almost 200 hits.  Certainly McDavid doesn’t do that either…

Yup. I’m still thinking there isn’t (currently) a player like Miller in the league. The Tkatchuk’s are close but are wingers. Old drunk (and often wrong) Alf writes nasty things about Benning, but the guy got us Miller. So, accepting Benning was a hands on GM, he would have been eyes on Miller before any deal. Thank you Jimbob! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

You were fine until the last comparison lol

Screw that guy

If JT Miller can have half the career of Mark Messier he will become a Canucks legend.  I don’t care what Messier did in Vancouver, he is literally one of the 10-15 greatest hockey players of all time…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He may tick all the boxes except dropping the gloves, but he doesn’t do all of those things better than Miller.  You can argue that Miller currently even scores better than McDavid.

The other stat I forgot about that every power forward excels at is hits.  Miller again is on pace for almost 200 hits.  Certainly McDavid doesn’t do that either…

Now now, you're just moving the goalposts... 😏😒

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

You can probably add Dry-Saddle to that list although I do not know how much he plays on the PK (some more knowledgeable than me can inform) ... certainly on PP, FO, Points, not much for dropping the mitts. However if he rides the pine on the PK then probably of the list.

McDavid has a SH TOI of 34 seconds/game.  Probably comes on to counter the second PP unit.  Draisaitl has 53 seconds per game, likely due to his faceoff skills.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If JT Miller can have half the career of Mark Messier he will become a Canucks legend.  I don’t care what Messier did in Vancouver, he is literally one of the 10-15 greatest hockey players of all time…

Yup. Hate Messier. But he was a fabulous player. And is actually a good comparable for our JTM. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. I’m still thinking there isn’t (currently) a player like Miller in the league. The Tkatchuk’s are close but are wingers. Old drunk (and often wrong) Alf writes nasty things about Benning, but the guy got us Miller. So, accepting Benning was a hands on GM, he would have been eyes on Miller before any deal. Thank you Jimbob! 

I agree.  Miller is a unicorn in today’s NHL.  Funny how people wanted to trade him for Chytil, Lundqvist and a 1st only 2 years ago.  Today, if he was put on the trade block at the deadline he would get us Lafreniere, Schneider and a 1st round pick.  They might even need to add another pick or prospect to the deal…

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Now now, you're just moving the goalposts... 😏😒

McDavid has a SH TOI of 34 seconds/game.  Probably comes on to counter the second PP unit.  Draisaitl has 53 seconds per game, likely due to his faceoff skills.  

Neither McWiner Baby or DiveSatl are as hard to play against (tough, hard hitting, can fight) as JTM. IMHAO neither is a good comparable to Miller. Miller is a unique player. He’s at least an 11 million guy in free agency. Double Flamingo just got 11.25 x 8! Miller is a much more impactful player. 
JTM is a five tool player. 
And on our club, as grest as he is, he ranks behind generational Hughes, phenom Petey, and Double Bubble Demko. Damn we have a fabulous core. If only Benning/Brod weren’t morans and knew how to build out a supporting cast we would have been this good 3 years ago! 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Miller is a unicorn in today’s NHL.  Funny how people wanted to trade him for Chytil, Lundqvist and a 1st only 2 years ago.  Today, if he was put on the trade block at the deadline he would get us Lafreniere, Schneider and a 1st round pick.  They might even need to add another pick or prospect to the deal…

We would need a new management team as well as @-dlc- would scrounge up a couple bullets, a scapegoat and a solid alibi before the ink was dry on the trade agreement. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Alf was one of “those” losers. 
D8323918-F6F5-44B9-A37F-4EB75BA908D7.jpeg.56c44f19b2bcc892a73fcde78fa73e69.jpeg

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Im usually in agreeance with you but no thanks. 

The way he gutted this team with Keenan and his treatment of guys like Linden makes me never want to compare any of our players to that POS. 

Now if you say JT will win multiple cups in Van and then finishes his career in Edmonton and destroys that team, I guess by all means lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Now there is a good poll question for someone to put up next game. Would you trade, today (assuming Deb is in a coma) JT for Lafreniere, Scheider and a 1st round pick? I probably would say no, and for the sole reason that this year seems like an all-in one for the Canucks which would mean JT stays ... I am also saying that not knowing much about Laf / Schn.

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The other stat I forgot about that every power forward excels at is hits.  Miller again is on pace for almost 200 hits. Certainly McDavid doesn’t do that either…

So I wonder would you trade Miller for McDavid straight up? 

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Even a blind Squirrel.....

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Now there is a good poll question for someone to put up next game. Would you trade, today (assuming Deb is in a coma) JT for Lafreniere, Scheider and a 1st round pick? I probably would say no, and for the sole reason that this year seems like an all-in one for the Canucks which would mean JT stays ... I am also saying that not knowing much about Laf / Schn.

you answered your own question. Are you trying to see if there are any idiots around we can humiliate?

16 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Im usually in agreeance with you but no thanks. 

The way he gutted this team with Keenan and his treatment of guys like Linden makes me never want to compare any of our players to that POS. 

Now if you say JT will win multiple cups in Van and then finishes his career in Edmonton and destroys that team, I guess by all means lol

1887 career points, third most in the history of the sport.  Cmon

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Tusk said:

you answered your own question. Are you trying to see if there are any idiots around we can humiliate?

LoL, no but always nice to spark communication and debate. Everything is for sale, it is all about price and circumstances. What I gave was one option of  poll question. If Miller did move out, what would have to be coming back.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is nobody currently in the NHL who plays centre, is on pace for 100+ points, plays the PP and the PK, is 50%+ on faceoffs and can drop the gloves when needed.  Not one single player.  JT Miller IS a unicorn.  And yes he is worth $11 million today…

A special player for sure.  That NY team he grew up with was filled with a tough bunch of players

and that's more the old school style of play he learned. Not an easy task for a young 19yrs rookie.

Names like; Nash, Callahan, Krieder, Brassard, Hagelin , Stepan, McDonough and many more were

his teammates.  Like they say about power forwards, applies to JT; it did take him a long time

to develop into the player has become, but he sure learned his lesson well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

So I wonder would you trade Miller for McDavid straight up? 

No because we would be screwed cap wise.  McDavid will be a $16-17 million player in 3 years.  Meanwhile Miller will be at $8 million.  McDavid is not twice the player of Miller.  You could argue that Miller > McDavid right now.

If we want to win a cup you need Miller in the playoffs.  We already have Petey who is similar to McDavid in style.