[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No because we would be screwed cap wise.  McDavid will be a $16-17 million player in 3 years.  Meanwhile Miller will be at $8 million.  McDavid is not twice the player of Miller.  You could argue that Miller > McDavid right now.

If we want to win a cup you need Miller in the playoffs.  We already have Petey who is similar to McDavid in style.  

Salary is irrelevant in this make believe question...but

Your last sentence is your definitive answer me thinks 👍

• ThereItIs 1

Is anyone else seeing adds for sweaters that are scary? Alf, yes he’s drunk, is seeing adds on our site where the sweaters (models are wearing) have cats and dogs popping out of the tummies of those wearing them like from the movie “Alien” 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If they don’t ask him about Panda Express I’ve lost what little faith in this media I had…

Yeah there is no panda express at Pearson from what I found. The reporter who spoke such things has just as much bullshit in his articles.

McDavid may be a more elegant skater then JT, like he is every other player, pretty much but ,,,bare with me for a sec.       Oh yah ! he can't match Miller's heart !!

I, personally think JT Miller has his team / friends/ on his mind always. You can see him chatting during games, Rick is happy he's around. 

The biggest critic of JT Miller is himself. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is anyone else seeing adds for sweaters that are scary? Alf, yes he’s drunk, is seeing adds on our site where the sweaters (models are wearing) have cats and dogs popping out of the tummies of those wearing them like from the movie “Alien” 

Layoff the scotch Alf! You're hallucinating! 😆

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

McDavid may be a more elegant skater then JT, like he is every other player, pretty much but ,,,bare with me for a sec.       Oh yah ! he can't match Miller's heart !!

I, personally think JT Miller has his team / friends/ on his mind always. You can see him chatting during games, Rick is happy he's around. 

The biggest critic of JT Miller is himself. 

Another thing about Miller is when he plays against McBaby, he takes it personal. He thrives on it and rises to the occasion. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Yeah there is no panda express at Pearson from what I found. The reporter who spoke such things has just as much bullshit in his articles.

You’re right, there is a Thai Express however.

Honest mistake or he was just making a bad joke.

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No because we would be screwed cap wise.  McDavid will be a $16-17 million player in 3 years.  Meanwhile Miller will be at $8 million.  McDavid is not twice the player of Miller.  You could argue that Miller > McDavid right now.

If we want to win a cup you need Miller in the playoffs.  We already have Petey who is similar to McDavid in style.  

Alright, I will cannonball into the deep end of the pool Jim Benning styles. Penguins realize they aren’t going to be a playoff team this year even if they make it to the a WC spot on the last game of the season. They are betting their window is 3 – 5 with some prudent trades, draft picks, etc which will be well-past the sell-by date for Sid and Gino.

Pittsburgh -> Vancouver … Sidney Crosby (they managed to get Sid to waive)

Vancouver -> Pittsburgh … JT Miller (JT has to waive and probably won't, but let's assume) (who the Penguins are betting doesn’t regress much at the 4-year mark and maintains a solid $6 – 8M player on the back half of the contract)

Pittsburgh -> New York Rangers … Malkin plus a Pittsburgh 1st & 2nd round pick to New York Rangers

New York Rangers -> Pittsburgh Alexis Lafreniere & Braden Schneider plus a 5th round pick

Pittsburg -> Vancouver … Lafreniere & Schneider for a 2nd & 5th round pick … completing on JT Miller

Vancouver -> Calgary … Kuzmenko & 3rd for Lindholm & a 4th  

Vancouver -> Blues … <insert a B-prospect> plus a 3rd for Pavel Buchnevich

Sid doesn't resign Vancouver and goes back to Pittsburgh at the end, Lindholm extends on a $2M raise with some term.  Canuck are betting this year for a Cup and strongly contending for next year.

Asbestos underwear on, flame away. 

EDIT: Pittsburgh probably has to add a bit to NYR. 

Edited by Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Alright, I will cannonball into the deep end of the pool Jim Benning styles. Penguins realize they aren’t going to be a playoff team this year even if they make it to the a WC spot on the last game of the season. They are betting their window is 3 – 5 with some prudent trades, draft picks, etc which will be well-past the sell-by date for Sid and Gino.

Vancouver -> Pittsburgh … JT Miller (JT has to waive and probably won't, but let's assume) (who the Penguins are betting doesn’t regress much at the 4-year mark and maintains a solid $6 – 8M player on the back half of the contract)

Pittsburgh -> New York Rangers … Malkin plus a Pittsburgh 1st & 2nd round pick to New York Rangers

New York Rangers -> Pittsburgh Alexis Lafreniere & Braden Schneider plus a 5th round pick

Pittsburg -> Vancouver … Lafreniere & Schneider for a 2nd & 5th round pick … completing on JT Miller

Sid doesn't resign Vancouver and goes back to Pittsburgh at the end, Lindholm extends on a $2M raise with some term. 

I dont trade Miller for Anyone.Crosby is old fart no mater how great player is(was)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Sid doesn't resign Vancouver and goes back to Pittsburgh at the end, Lindholm extends on a $2M raise with some term.  Canuck are betting this year for a Cup and strongly contending for next year.

Please go help Calgary instead of us

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

EDIT: Pittsburgh probably has to add a bit to NYR. 

Drugs are bad!!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moeknows said:

Its a crock of Sheet..not worth consideration hows that?

Stellar, well reasoned, compelling arguments throughout, logic abounds. 

I look forward to your suggestion. 

15 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Side Note: The Laffs lost to Detroit 4-2! Always love it when they lose! 

It's because they didn't start the game at 7:00pm est.  Leafs aren't used to playing in 30 minutes later. Has to be that 7:00 start or else they don't know what to do.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It's because they didn't start the game at 7:00pm est.  Leafs aren't used to playing in 30 minutes later. Has to be that 7:00 start or else they don't know what to do.

according to sportsnet the Vancouver gear arrived at the Leafs and scared the shit out of them:

"

Sportsnet's Shawn McKenzie reported that the Canucks' equipment arrived at Scotiabank Arena on Sunday, surprising those who were expecting the Detroit Red Wings' gear ahead of their game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Red Wings' gear arrived about 25 minutes later and the Canucks' equipment was put back on the truck, presumably destined for the airport."

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1