[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yes, I would. Not intimidated at all.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not intimidated, but you could see the rough stuff got Hughes off his game a little.  Obviously he was the target and it was definitely in his head.  Against the norm, Hronek carried that pair tonight.

Team as a whole was definitely not intimidated. Guys like Miller Zad were physical. They're not going to get intimidated. 

But the goal wasn't to intimidate the whole team. It was to intimidate their best player and quarter back..Quinn Hughes.. And I think it definitely affected him. 

Quinn wasn't handling it well at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Good lord that always bugged me too.

Remember when he benched big Mac for fighting…hated that turn the cheek stuff.

Cheers

That's the difference between Tocchet and Green. RT will actually kick most of these guys asses. Green had them playing like neutered bitches. Haha! 

Yeah, I get it. It's a different "era" in this day and age. But you still have to play "hard hockey", otherwise you're a pushover. 

You need pushback and deterrents. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

All I care about right now.

And, well...I also hope JT's ribs are alright.

And, also, hope the team has a safe trip.

And, I should add...hope that damn 10 am game is moved to a reasonable time.

418476420_10160720601590549_306215138693

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Team as a whole was definitely not intimidated. Guys like Miller Zad were physical. They're not going to get intimidated. 

But the goal wasn't to intimidate the whole team. It was to intimidate their best player and quarter back..Quinn Hughes.. And I think it definitely affected him. 

Quinn wasn't handling it well at all. 

Good thing Zadorov was paired with him for a portion of the game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I didnt really think about that at the time, tbh........but I can see that now that you pointed it out.  He still never really got back on his game, but he did get better after that.

He definitely still wasn’t 100 % but he didn’t look pissed off and rattled anymore. Got his head back in it

• Vintage 1

Really this game couldn't have gone better. We got the two points while Buffalo exposed a weakness without any canuck being injured.

It's very clear to management now (because Allvin was in the building) that if teams target Hughes and Petey, we really don't have enough grit in the top or bottom 6 do do anything about it.

Proud of Miller for not shying away, but we need a bit more pushback to dissuade team from taking multiple runs at our guys.

This team is a solid 8/10. I think we can skip the defence and look for a #2 centre and a physical winger.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

When 20% or more of a teams roaster are All Stars thats pretty broken and basically opens up the play book for other teams on how to attract talent for cheap against a tight salary cap. Canucks are a cheat code this year.

😈

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly how I saw it too. No one on Buffalo is going to dance with Zadorov. It’s great for Tocchet to have such a multifaceted defense to work with. 

Totally, Toc can play Tetris with this line up and make it work in many ways. A lot of coaches throw shit together and hope…where Toc can really read into the game and make solid adjustment’s on the fly. IMO

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

Glad to see Dem get his A game back!

What a year for our boys!

Miller, Petey, Brock and Dem just got voted in the All Star game! 

IMG_6131.jpeg

This is incredible,  when's the last time we had more than 1 Canuck in the All Star Game

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Like 1