[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

The last few games have been just great hockey.  It feels like playoffs are ramping up and normally Jan/Feb games are unwatchable as guys are dropping down a gear to make it through a long slog of a season.

This ramped up play, and this chippy game in particular really show me that we should make a couple moves to shore up our toughness and add another really hard to play against guy.

I had suggested before the lotto line was put together that finding a way to trade for Greenaway and Tuch would really make us built for the playoffs as a team that would wear down opposition over 7 games rather than be worn down.

Our big D didn’t push back physically much today, but that may be more of a function if it being a one goal game and not wanting to cost us the win.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

ok, not much of a break till CBJ.... but would be great to leave Columbus with another road win.

Chances of missing the playoffs are now getting to be marginal.

Win or lose, this was a successful road trip, it got everyone in the East talking 

• Cheers 1

Good game. Not expecting much from the Canucks after 6 games on the road. However, one area I would like to see them improve on is physical play from Defence. For how big our guys are they don’t hit as much. Zadorav, Myers, Cole, Soucy can all play physical but don’t show it often. Only one I’ve actually noticed playing physical lately has been Juulsen which says a lot.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I'm curious.. does the NHL actually think Canadians/hockey fans like Bieber? This just adds to how gross those tarps are.

a) Toronto connection

b) all star is for kids

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Flyers leads Jets 2-0

Being first in the league would be nice but I want the Canucks to secure 1st in the division. Let Vegas & LA battle it out in the first round of the playoffs and hopefully they get banged up. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

The last few games have been just great hockey.  It feels like playoffs are ramping up and normally Jan/Feb games are unwatchable as guys are dropping down a gear to make it through a long slog of a season.

This ramped up play, and this chippy game in particular really show me that we should make a couple moves to shore up our toughness and add another really hard to play against guy.

I had suggested before the lotto line was put together that finding a way to trade for Greenaway and Tuch would really make us built for the playoffs as a team that would wear down opposition over 7 games rather than be worn down.

Our big D didn’t push back physically much today, but that may be more of a function if it being a one goal game and not wanting to cost us the win.

Tuch is reserving the playoffs tough game for the playoffs.

You probably know he and the other coaches knows how it will be.

2 minutes ago, tas said:

a) Toronto connection

b) all star is for kids

I mean I understand it, but I bet Drake would've been more of a success if you wanted a Toronto connection that the kids are into.. though I doubt he'd do it, he's more into the Raptors.

Still hate it though.