[REPORT] - Mike Babcock Resigns

Alflives

Just now, The Lock said:

As you say in your last sentence, even if they did have something to hide, there's a reason why private lives are private. Private does not mean malicious. It could obviously, but there's no point in assuming that it does.

If you want my honest opinion, I think that guys like Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau are family men who have nothing to hide on their phones.  They probably have their family photos all over their phone.  All my married friends have that and they post them all on Instagram and Facebook.  Guys like Adam Fantilli however most likely have stuff on their phones that they don't want others to see.  You know they went out partying the night before and took some "pictures".  So, they have alot more to hide.

Not saying it's right for anyone to ask for your phone and pictures, I am just trying to explain the difference between the veteran married players and the young single guys...

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If you want my honest opinion, I think that guys like Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau are family men who have nothing to hide on their phones.  They probably have their family photos all over their phone.  All my married friends have that and they post them all on Instagram and Facebook.  Guys like Adam Fantilli however most likely have stuff on their phones that they don't want others to see.  You know they went out partying the night before and took some "pictures".  So, they have alot more to hide.

Not saying it's right for anyone to ask for your phone and pictures, I am just trying to explain the difference between the veteran married players and the young single guys...

I don't see how any of this is relevant to be honest. My literal stance is about how the difference is irrelevant when I said "private is private". I don't care if your texts are about you saving the world, I shouldn't be asking you for your phone.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gurn said:

meh poster gets upset at other people supposedly pre judging

then prejudges other posters feelings on the subject.

Just another day.

Some people are just way too afraid of "being wrong". It's like their very existence is in jeopardy if someone has a different opinion than them. lol

• Cheers 1

When my boss said the company they were signing on with wanted my driver's license and/or picture ID I said "fine, I want theirs first". Seemed fair. It ended there.

Privacy and personal property isn't something to demand of others. There's a reason it's called "private/personal".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

it's probably a good thing these days to wait for an entire story to come out, since social media is so quick to demand instant judgment with partial facts... but this Babs thing was just really stupid on his part. I can't imagine what he was thinking doing this. 

I just wish it was in Calgary. 

I don't think a resignation will provide opportunity for the story to come out. It'll just die out.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I was asked to put an app on my phone for work...I absolutely refused to. I was hounded and bugged and told them "if you want me to have this app, you provide a work phone for it". And they did. Then they wanted to expand to a commercial version of the app and said I had to give them my driver's license/picture ID. Hell no.

Good for you!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I suspect some more will leak out.... but its all just odd. What did he think he was going to accomplish? 

He probably uses his phone a certain way or not at all and assumes phones "are just phones". He probably isn't a technology person, period; therefore, he doesn't think about people using it for more private matters. Combine that with him likely being a control freak of sorts.

That's the only thing I can think of as to why he might think this is alright.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Guys like Adam Fantilli however most likely have stuff on their phones that they don't want others to see.  You know they went out partying the night before and took some "pictures".  So, they have alot more to hide.

I don't see what the problem is with a few pics of your bedtime cocoa.

Edited by Rubik
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Good for you!

My boss really pushed (again). She said "I'll send you the agreement/terms". I humoured her...I read all 27 ambiguous pages of it. I circled parts that bothered me and prevented me from being persuaded.  The data was being stored in different locations/countries and they "couldn't guarantee security". 

My boss decided to opt out (too).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it's probably a good thing these days to wait for an entire story to come out, since social media is so quick to demand instant judgment with partial facts... but this Babs thing was just really stupid on his part. I can't imagine what he was thinking doing this. 

I just wish it was in Calgary. 

Calgary has their own set of problems with players on the fence towards extending. As much as I like making fun of the Flames, I wouldn’t wish this type of dysfunction on them. Toronto maybe, but not Calgary.😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

My boss really pushed (again). She said "I'll send you the agreement/terms". I humoured her...I read all 27 ambiguous pages of it. I circled that parts that bothered me and prevented me from being persuaded.  The info was being stored in different locations/countries and they "couldn't guarantee security". 

My boss decided to opt out (too).

Reminds me when my friend and I were to sign a new contract with our company at the time. There was a new clause in it that would have prevented us from working in the same industry if we left. We had to literally refuse to sign in order to get that changed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

He probably uses his phone a certain way or not at all and assumes phones "are just phones". He probably isn't a technology person, period; therefore, he doesn't think about people using it for more private matters. Combine that with him likely being a control freak of sorts.

That's the only thing I can think of as to why he might think this is alright.

seems reasonable. Man tho talk about out of touch. 

Maybe Sutter's getting a call as we speak. "Err... uhh... phones, never touch 'em"