[REPORT] - Mike Babcock Resigns

Alflives

Just now, The Lock said:

Reminds me when my friend and I were to sign a new contract with our company at the time. There was a new clause in it that would have prevented us from working in the same industry if we left. We had to literally refuse to sign in order to get that changed.

I've seen a few contracts like that...it's crazy. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

seems reasonable. Man tho talk about out of touch. 

Maybe Sutter's getting a call as we speak. "Err... uhh... phones, never touch 'em"

Sutter probably calls Babcock using landlines. Perhaps hopes the arena has a payphone. 😛

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Reminds me when my friend and I were to sign a new contract with our company at the time. There was a new clause in it that would have prevented us from working in the same industry if we left. We had to literally refuse to sign in order to get that changed.

Glad you refused that, because I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. 

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

A good way to "get to know" his players starts with mutual respect and trust, not asserting power over them. Insisting they "do" something to prove themselves to him.

"Show me your (personal) photos" when you're in a place of authority over someone isn't a great ice breaker.

"Tell me about yourself"

"What are your hobbies/interests?'

It's a little invasive to want to see photos...almost requiring "proof" before there's even reason to doubt someone's character/lifestyle.

Dinosaurs need to learn of the boundaries that we, as humans, have. There was a day when you had to do stuff to retain a position or be hired. Those days are gone (or at least need to be).

I hate that customs can ask for your phone and rifle through it...I get why, but I have a hard time with it. That's a different situation though and involves national security. So...ok. 

I have pictures of my family that I don't particularly want to share with others...I protect their privacy and so a coach wanting to display them via airplay can take a hike.

I’m with you Deb. Babcock’s behaviour is way out of line and creepy. He should invest some of his millions on a good psychiatrist.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

Glad you refused that, because I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. 

Yeah, originally it was more to do with preventing us from stealing a client, which I understand, but they changed the wording in not a good way. lol

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think the poster is someone who doesn't post often, even admitted as such, and wanted to get involved in the conversation.  If that is the case, why go after them?  A message board can be quite intimidating for alot of people, which is why alot of people simply lurk and don't post.  They are afraid of being attacked for any reason and any wrong word they use.  This is a perfect example.  You should know better Bob, don't make me come after you so early in the process.  I need more time to plan my attacks...  🤨

We are well, well past the point of giving MIKE BABCOCK the benefit of the doubt.  The first post was blaming this whole thing on an "over-sensitive society".  So when young players are stepping forward and expressing their discomfort, they're just being overly sensitive?  After all, I can't think of anyone more overly sensitive than the guys over at Spittin' Chiclets.  

Let me change my initial stance - this isn't sitting on the fence.  This is a defense of Babcock's behaviour.  That's going to get called out and deservedly so.  They are going to be called out for that stance anywhere they go.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

For all of those who wish not to “assume”,.

my how some forget his track record in a League known as the Best in the World,.

Unfortunatley Babcock has not evolved as the League has been trying too..

The Players and League don’t need this type of exposure.

This from 3 years ago (Toronto) .. but goes onto his time in Detroit as well .

that reminds me: is Ferraro gonna be our new color guy?

• Cheers 1

No surprise here.   Said his lustre would go away when he went to TO.  Didn't like him getting the head coaching job for Canada.   And certainly didn't enjoy listening to him talk.   Funny "Babcock.  100% would bet on Babcock every time" was part of his going away speech from Toronto.   I took a lot of flak for it at the time (circa 2014) for saying he was overrated too.   Hitchcock was even a tougher coach but he adapted.   Also won ONE cup.   And a lot older.   Something always rubbed me the wrong way about his cocky ass style.  Won't miss his two-three word sound bites either "gotta push, hard on pucks, hard on boards, hard on D."   Gotta hard on.   For stuff.   Torts also won a cup and is still around.   Won't miss listening to him talk about himself in the third person.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

this whole thing makes me appreciate the group we have now. I know Tocc comes with some history (which I think he paid for/redeemed himself) and I'm all for some old school thinking from time to time, as long as its performance based and not punitive or weirdly personal. 

Yet, KingHeffy will move heaven and earth to defend Babcock while assassinate Tocchet’s character. 

• Haha 1