[REPORT] - Mike Babcock Resigns

Alflives

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

My boss really pushed (again). She said "I'll send you the agreement/terms". I humoured her...I read all 27 ambiguous pages of it. I circled parts that bothered me and prevented me from being persuaded.  The data was being stored in different locations/countries and they "couldn't guarantee security". 

My boss decided to opt out (too).

Added bonus when the boss thinks you're doing it right!

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say they were publicly defending Babcock.  They were confronted with the questions and gave honest, personal answers.  But what they clearly did not stick up for their younger teammates.  Either they didn't know or they didn't care.  Both situations look bad.

And it's not like the hobbit got off to an amazing start there to being with.  Any added tension with teammates, or problems resulting from the abrupt change in coaching, and they may really come to regret that signing.

49 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The bottom line is Babcock had to be squeaky clean. The rumblings after he left Toronto, real or not, were there. Had he just walked the straight and narrow. And avoided conflict and just worked on being the best coach he could be and bring the best out of the players. And let his record speak for itself.

But the guy blows it even before his first preseason game.

Basically they gave him a length of rope, and he decided to career wise hang himself.

Will get get the whole picture? Not sure. But the optics look bad. I like giving the benefit of the doubt. But resigning if you did nothing wrong? Uhh...not sure about that.

He does seem to be giving himself the benefit of the doubt in his public statement.

The world just doesn't understand Mike Babcock.

I don't know what actually happened, none of us do, but there's no denying that the media circus the scenario has generated isn't what the BJ's need going into what they likely hope is a transitional season 

Not sure this vindicates the Chiclets guys though, they need to be careful or they'll get themselves sued

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Alright, let's put this into an "old school" perspective. Babcock instead asks to see your recent phone calls and mail to get to know you better.

Does that make it better?

It wasn't like that though. Paul Bissonnette blew it out of the water.

Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau among others even went out and said it's not at all how it was portrayed.

But there is people that want Babs to fail and the court of public opinion rules all and its so easy to sway the masses.

I'm not even that old school, I'm 36 years old. This world has gone mad.

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Just reading about this now for the first time. 

Babcock is a weird guy, and it would be difficult to play for someone like that.

Might as well gas him sooner than later. 

Thing is, he may not even realize how out of touch some of his actions are. Whether it be that he's a narcissist or .... just stuck in the dark ages.

There was a time when you did whatever you had to...to get a gig in Hollywood, to get on the team, whatever. People with power and status exploited other people on the casting couch and behind closed doors. He's likely a product of that culture and has not shifted into the here and now.. It's no longer acceptable to cross lines of privacy and decency.

Dinosaur coaching and the days of bullying are numbered.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

I left that industry around... 36 hours ago (whenever CDC announced its shutdown).  Maybe Wetcoaster can help you out?

We know enough.  We know that multiple young players expressed their discomfort over what Babcock was doing.  His intentions are irrelevant here.  His presence and coaching style made players feel unsafe.  That's it.  That's enough smoke for a disgraced coach who had a history of bullying young players.  "If he did nothing wrong"?  "Over sensitive society"?  Clearly the poster thinks this is an overreaction and is essentially victim-blaming from the get-go.

So you went from being a lawyer to wanting to compete in the next Miss Universe pageant within a span of 36 hours?  

That’s quite a turnaround. I wish you all the best my friend…

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't know what actually happened, none of us do, but there's no denying that the media circus the scenario has generated isn't what the BJ's need going into what they likely hope is a transitional season 

Not sure this vindicates the Chiclets guys though, they need to be careful or they'll get themselves sued

Oh if I'm the Chiclets guys I'm feeling pretty vindicated today.

They had solid intel and they knew it.

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, he may not even realize how out of touch some of his actions are.

There was a time when you did whatever you had to...to get a gig in Hollywood, to get on the team, whatever. People with power and status exploited other people on the casting couch and behind closed doors. He's likely a product of that culture and has not shifted into the here and now.. It's no longer acceptable to cross lines of privacy and decency.

Dinosaur coaching and the days of bullying are numbered.

Conduct across society has changed so much in the last 20 years. How someone in his shoes would not understand that would speak to an absurd level of stupidity.  

But maybe that's him. Probably is. No loss. 

• Cheers 1