[REPORT] - Mike Babcock Resigns

Alflives

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Babcock is forced to resign after wanting to see some dick pics. The NHLPA was on the scene for that one faster than flies on shit. 

Meanwhile, where was the NHLPA when one of their own was getting sexually assaulted by a coach?  

Also, where is Hockey Canada when a woman gets gang raped by 8 players, who most are currently playing in the NHL and are now protected by the NHLPA?

Sure, Babcock isn’t some innocent party here. But let’s not pretend the NHLPA and its players are all holier than thou. Did Spittin Chicklets get the scoop on who the rapists were from the 2018 junior team?  Is Paul Bissonette keeping that one a secret cause he’s the players guy?  

...Well the last 4 letters of his last name is 🫢

Edited by Canuck You
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

It wasn't like that though. Paul Bissonnette blew it out of the water.

Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau among others even went out and said it's not at all how it was portrayed.

But there is people that want Babs to fail and the court of public opinion rules all and its so easy to sway the masses.

I'm not even that old school, I'm 36 years old. This world has gone mad.

Sorry dude, but I don't see how asking for someone's pictures and stuff can be portrayed as anything less than that. It's really something that's hard to defend at the end of the day.

It's kind of like saying someone stole something but then "oh it wasn't that bad". We're going to have to agree to disagree on this because I don't see there being anything that you can say that would make this sound even remotely alright.

It also doesn't help that I've seen previous posts of yours enough to know that your bias as a Babcock fanboy.

Edited by The Lock

37 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau among others even went out and said it's not at all how it was portrayed.

But there is people that want Babs to fail and the court of public opinion rules all and its so easy to sway the masses.

You don't think players who said it's not how it was maybe felt pressure? That they'd maybe be rewarded/golden boys for defending him? That's possible you know.

To go up against your coach takes guts and not everyone's going to do what's right...they'll do what's most comfortable for them.

The court of public opinion isn't the only voice on the other side....players and the NHLPA have weighed in as well.

I think it's a matter of Babcock wearing out his welcome at this point. I mean, if people are crying wolf over and over maybe there's an actual wolf nearby.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

But they weren't in the room with the others, so how would they know? You're misrepresenting what they said. For example, JG was on the 32 Thoughts Podcast and talked about how HIS experience 1-1 with Babcock went and that he HOPED that if anything inappropriate happened in meetings with the younger players that those players would be comfortable coming to him. 

Based on recent news, including the fact that some of these meetings took place outside work, there appear to be quite different experiences across players. What Gaudreau and Jenner experienced does not seem to be what other players experienced. 

Do I know what happened? No. Am I willing to believe that it is at least possible that Babcock treated some players differently than others? Absolutely. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Sorry dude, but I don't see how asking for someone's pictures and stuff can be portrayed as anything less than that. It's really something that's hard to defend at the end of the day.

It's kind of like saying someone stole something but then "oh it wasn't that bad". We're going to have to agree to disagree on this because I don't see there being anything that you can say that would make this sound even remotely alright.

It also doesn't help that I've seen previous posts of yours enough to know that your bias as a Babcock fanboy.

IMHAO asking to share family photos with people we barely know is weird. Add that he’s the players’ coach (so pretty much their boss) and it’s doubly weird. 
“Hi, we just met; here’s a pic of my sister.”

F4F1F075-3269-4D51-9D24-5F4A2B257D30.gif

• Cheers 2

Usually where there is smoke there's fire. Wanting to connect and get to know your players is understandable and a good thing....

Going about it in the manner he did is invasive and an abuse of power. There are so many ways he could've accomplished his desire to connect with his players.

Babs has been in question for a few years now and based on everything I've read since his stint in Toronto the writing has been on the wall for some time.

Terrible decision to sign an old boys club bully of a coach. Gotta think that's going to be one quiet room this yr.

• ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, Down By the River said:

But they weren't in the room with the others, so how would they know? You're misrepresenting what they said. For example, JG was on the 32 Thoughts Podcast and talked about how HIS experience 1-1 with Babcock went and that he HOPED that if anything inappropriate happened in meetings with the younger players that those players would be comfortable coming to him. 

Based on recent news, including the fact that some of these meetings took place outside work, there appear to be quite different experiences across players. What Gaudreau and Jenner experienced does not seem to be what other players experienced. 

Do I know what happened? No. Am I willing to believe that it is at least possible that Babcock treated some players differently than others? Absolutely. 

This is a good point. But wasn't Boone Jenner the name that was dropped? (I could be wrong about what I remembered). I think he's an appropriate person to comment on the situation.

I think the chiklets podcast is fairly irresponsible on the other hand, just like the reporting about Hughes going on IV (which was later disputed by Hughes himself)

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

This is a good point. But wasn't Boone Jenner the name that was dropped? (I could be wrong about what I remembered). I think he's an appropriate person to comment on the situation.

I think the chiklets podcast is fairly irresponsible on the other hand, just like the reporting about Hughes going on IV (which was later disputed by Hughes himself)

I think Biz gave Jenner's name as a hypothetical example... which I agree with you was an irresponsible thing to do. However, it definitely was not the case that Biz was saying that he got his information from Jenner because he was actually actively going out of his way to not reveal who it was that told him about this information. 

I think the Hughes IV story was started by Sekers but not too sure about that one. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Imagine if the Canucks decided to hire Babcock! Remember how they were rumoured to have reached out to him? 😮‍💨

With all the circus and drama that has surrounded this organization for the last few years this may have been the straw that broke the camels back. Would just have to pack up and move to Houston.

Thank god some other dysfunctional organizations are starting to take the attention away. Step by step hopefully we can rebuild into a respectable organization.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Imagine if the Canucks decided to hire Babcock! Remember how they were rumoured to have reached out to him? 😮‍💨

With all the circus and drama that has surrounded this organization for the last few years this may have been the straw that broke the camels back. Would just have to pack up and move to Houston.

Thank god some other dysfunctional organizations are starting to take the attention away. Step by step hopefully we can rebuild into a respectable organization.

I'm really glad that didn't happen. I'm even on record on the other forum for having been against hiring him.

I really want to see more newer coaches in the system as it feels like the older coaches get way too many "second chances" no matter how good or bad or a job they do.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The fact is this is not the first time his style or approach to Coaching has raised concern.

Bowing out in resignation is to lessen the the opportunity to discover what really happened.

Perhaps it’s the “era” he came from that influenced him,  but todays generation won’t tolerate it..  and they shouldn’t.

This was his 2nd chance..

He is more likely done with hockey now,

I can’t even see him as a commentator or analyst.

Anyone asking me to look or browse through my personal device would be told no.

These young men (players) would not say anything to his peer pressure so as not to upset there chance of playing in the NHL .

Guys like Babcock and Peters can apologize all they want ..   but what they did at the Pro / international level of hockey can not be tolerated.

Good to see you here, Sam!

• Cheers 1