[Report] Cody Hodgson attempting a comeback.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He's almost 34 years old now. There's almost 0 chance he makes the NHL, but maybe he could play in the ECHL or AHL or even in Europe if he wants. Not a bad way to end off the career.

This is what I think too

its not even his age it’s just the speed of the game and the players today. Being out this long and his age with all the factors it’s just hard to imagine him making an NHL comeback of any significance or if any

Edited by R3aL

Whether tongue in cheek or not, people waxing on him coming back to our team, but we treated him poorly, with the AV statements, and the poor medical diagnoses, and subsequent treatments, or lack thereof....so I doubt he would consider it? But with that being said I always liked the kid, and he was a good hockey player, I hope he lands somewhere in the pro ranks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevlar said:

Shirokov-Gaunce-Rodin solid second line.

I cant believe Gaunce is still playing in the nhl.

Seen hodgson on an interview recently in Buffalo i believe it was, hes looking good. I think he could probably get a PTO next year. See how it goes for him, much like sutter did this year. (Mind Sutter didn't miss 8 years).

37 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I cant believe Gaunce is still playing in the nhl.

Seen hodgson on an interview recently in Buffalo i believe it was, hes looking good. I think he could probably get a PTO next year. See how it goes for him, much like sutter did this year. (Mind Sutter didn't miss 8 years).

Gaunce was always pretty solid defensively and his offense was picking up a little before we dropped him. Nice for him to earn some NHL time again now.

• Cheers 3

Im happy for him that he is giving hockey another shot now that he has been given the ok by doctors. Having to give up a promising career must have been devastating for him. I think playing again might be one of those things that if he does not try it now he will always regret it. 

I hope Canucks sign him for Abbotsford and he can be like our teams Rudy for this miracle season were having. Cody Cody Cody 

He works his but off and shows he can still play at the NHL level. Then watch him score the game winning goal against Boston in game 7 to win us the Stanley Cup and every Canucks fan around the world goes bananas! 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

You mean Gillis. Gillis was the one who traded Hodgson away for Kassian, and the one who drafted those 3 players. Hodgson was his first draft pick.

Alf has difficulty admitting how much damage Gillis did with his drafting.  He has a habit of blaming Benning for the mistakes of the unqualified idiot he replaced.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Gaunce was always pretty solid defensively and his offense was picking up a little before we dropped him. Nice for him to earn some NHL time again now.

When I say I can't believe it I mean it feels like he's super old and been around for forever. I'm more thinking I can't believe he's not retired yet. 

He was always solid though. Like that he's still earning ice time in the nhl. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Alf has difficulty admitting how much damage Gillis did with his drafting.  He has a habit of blaming Benning for the mistakes of the unqualified idiot he replaced.

The fact remains Gillis was both president and GM during our club’s most successful era. This is not arguable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

edit: Both Gillis & Benning deserved to be fired.  Forget what "defenses & excuses" each may have had.  Team is in the right direction now.  Actually paying attention to the farm/developing players unlike the previous regime(s).

edited out my previous two posts as this thread is about Hodgson.  No need to rehash all the Gillis/Benning stuff.  That's behind us now (and thank jebus for that)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Im happy for him that he is giving hockey another shot now that he has been given the ok by doctors. Having to give up a promising career must have been devastating for him. I think playing again might be one of those things that if he does not try it now he will always regret it. 

I hope Canucks sign him for Abbotsford and he can be like our teams Rudy for this miracle season were having. Cody Cody Cody 

He works his but off and shows he can still play at the NHL level. Then watch him score the game winning goal against Boston in game 7 to win us the Stanley Cup and every Canucks fan around the world goes bananas! 

CoHo CoHo CoHo... like the salmon

• Like 2

18 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He's almost 34 years old now. There's almost 0 chance he makes the NHL, but maybe he could play in the ECHL or AHL or even in Europe if he wants. Not a bad way to end off the career.

Optimist would say he's only 33 years old.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

The fact remains Gillis was both president and GM during our club’s most successful era. This is not arguable. 

And remember it was only a year ago that this clown swore off being a fan of the Canucks because of Tocchet and Yeo and firmly jumped on the Seattle bandwagon!! Lmao

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Westcoasting said:

And remember it was only a year ago that this clown swore off being a fan of the Canucks because of Tocchet and Yeo and firmly jumped on the Seattle bandwagon!! Lmao

And (ironically) new management and Tocchet are the best we likely have ever had. Or are at least as good as Gillis, or best ever, was. 
We are a great team again. Alf doesn’t get why some of our fans don’t like that? Do these fans want the loser days of Benning/Brod to still be happening? 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Hahaha oh yeah, with the kraken logo and everything.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:52 PM, MeanSeanBean said:

Holy crap I hope he pulls this off, that would be awesome.

lol, I just realized I always think you're disappointed in everyone's stupidity when I see your posts. (But it's just because of your avatar) 😂

Also my hot take of the decade or so. I always had this feeling that Hodgson would have scored a hatty and won us the Cup if we played him against Boston when we were all banged up.

• Haha 1