(Rumour) Canucks Interested in Boone Jenner

It doesn't specify where this report came from, I will try to track down if it is a solid source.

The cost reported seems astronomical for the guy, but he profiles as the type of player we need and is on a really cheap deal with term left.  He has never reached 50 points in his career, but has also played on a lot of stinker teams without a lot of talent.

I don't know if he is who you blow your first round pick on, but if you take that out and swap in a middle tier prospect I would be more onboard.  If that left you the 1st as a trade bullet in the chamber in a Kuzmenko for Guentzel (50% retained) trade, then that would be a tidier bit of work with 2/3rds of a 2nd line parachuted onto the roster.

Victor Alrikkson
2024 1st round pick
2025 2nd round pick
2026 4th round pick

for

Boone Jenner

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/LATEST-Patrik-Allvin-and-the-Canucks-linked-to-captain-of-Eastern-Conference-team

Edited by Provost

That's actually wild that he hasn't hit 50 points before. Injuries I assume? If so, doesn't really make much sense. I would rather pay a bit more to get a 2C that is young and cost-controlled, rather than a guy who's gonna be here for two years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bottom six player; not what we need. Cool name though. 

I've always thought of him as an 80's Soap Opera star with that name.

Him, and Sam Steel.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

only thing u can guarantee with jenner is he's going to be injured 10+ game every season and maybe more if he gets to the playoff

Yet tons of folks on line here want the Canucks to get Chris Tanev back.

And he's injured a lot too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I've always thought of him as an 80's Soap Opera star with that name.

Him, and Sam Steel.

I remember wanting us to draft Boone Jenner. Not because I’d seen him play, but simply for his name. Richard Boone played the role of Paladin in “Have Gun Will Travel”. He was cool and always won. Always liked that name, Boone. 

• Haha 1

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Jenner - Mikheyev

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Aman - Suter - Lafferty

I think Hoglander+ would be the player leaving in a trade. I can't see the Canucks trading Kuzmenko, only because of their relationship with Millstein and Kuzmenko choosing to play in VAN. I'd be surprised anyway.

Isn't Jenner on IR now?

I wonder if this just suddenly became a rumour because they're playing CBJ.

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yet tons of folks on line here want the Canucks to get Chris Tanev back.

And he's injured a lot too.

if it's cheap sure but he's 35 at the end of the year.. the way he plays and if he gets injured it'll just take longer and longer to recover.. but at the very least he's only been injured once in the last 5 years.. compared to jenner missed 10+ games every season for 4 straight season 

I wouldn't mind Jenner and Peeke.

But at what cost?

Myers would have to go back for sure. 

Maybe we can work a 3-way with a team sending the Blues some assets for getting Kuz. It would help us limit sending our own picks/prospects.

Peeke is definitely a buy-low asset atm with getting pushed out of the lineup with the new additions in Severson, Provorov and Jiricek.

40 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

only thing u can guarantee with jenner is he's going to be injured 10+ game every season and maybe more if he gets to the playoff

He’s literally injured right now.  Good player and what we need but just can’t stay healthy.  I think what is proposed is a massive overpayment too…

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I was just thinking about him the other day, that he is exactly what we need, a decent size C at 6'2" 205, and a good two-way C with great hands....he just hasn't really had the best line mates or team to fully showcase his skills on though IMO....but I think it would be a different story here.

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He’s literally injured right now.  Good player and what we need but just can’t stay healthy.  I think what is proposed is a massive overpayment too…

not worth a 1st if he's cheap sure if they want a 1st? pass

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

If the Canucks are trading their 1st rounder and ???, I want it to be a player in the 26yr range.

Jenner has faced many injuries and is 30yrs.  I would have loved the player 5yrs ago, but time

is catching up to him.

• Cheers 4