(Rumour) Canucks Interested in Boone Jenner

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Bottom six player; not what we need. Cool name though. 

Bingo

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I usually agree with you, but I really like this player. 

What is it about him that you think wouldn't make him good for a run ?

I usually agree with you but don't in this case. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, AriGold said:

Bingo

I usually agree with you but don't in this case. 

Yup. Boone (cool name) Jenner would be the equivalent of Manny Malholtra. A really good 3C. Not enough of an upgrade on what we already have (Suter and Bluger) to expend assets on. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Boone (cool name) Jenner would be the equivalent of Manny Malholtra. A really good 3C. Not enough of an upgrade on what we already have (Suter and Bluger) to expend assets on. 

While there are similarities, mainly size and D awareness (Manny was better in that) Jenner has much better hands and goal scoring ability, and is also a 2 way C...in the last 2.5 years (incl. this year) he has averaged a scoring pace of 33 goals per 82 gp, while on the pablum Blue Jackets..

IF the price isn't too high (in PA I trust) he'd be a great acquisition for a playoff run...are there better options? Perhaps, but again it depends on how things would shake out in this regard

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

While there are similarities, mainly size and D awareness (Manny was better in that) Jenner has much better hands and goal scoring ability, and is also a 2 way C...in the last 2.5 years (incl. this year) he has averaged a scoring pace of 33 goals per 82 gp, while on the pablum Blue Jackets..

IF the price isn't too high (in PA I trust) he'd be a great acquisition for a playoff run...are there better options? Perhaps, but again it depends on how things would shake out in this regard

All good, but he’s done those things on a craperolla club. He gets opportunities there he just will not get here. He’s a 3C on a winning club. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

All good, but he’s done those things on a craperolla club. He gets opportunities there he just will not get here. He’s a 3C on a winning club. 

That could very well be, but as the late, great Herb Brooks once said "Great moments are born from great opportunity" ...and maybe Boonie Boy would excel and thrive here...not so much in the opp you may be thinking of (ice time, etc.) but in the "opportunity" of being on a great team, with a great coaching staff and FO too..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

That could very well be, but as the late, great Herb Brooks once said "Great moments are born from great opportunity" ...and maybe Boonie Boy would excel and thrive here...not so much in the opp you may be thinking of (ice time, etc.) but in the "opportunity" of being on a great team, with a great coaching staff and FO too..

At what cost though? I just don’t see Allvin and JR spending significant assets on Boone. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

It would be fun to get him, and Chris here.

I can't see Seattle moving him tho.

Yup

Seattle looks like they might be buyers with this surge they’ve been on

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Dom said:

If they're offering Byram idk what Columbus is waiting for! 

Bryam is one massive hit away from his career ending. He has extensive concussion history and I’m sure Columbus has done their homework. 

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

Bryam is one massive hit away from his career ending. He has extensive concussion history and I’m sure Columbus has done their homework. 

Jenner is always hurt as well. I'd take the 22 year old D over the 30 year old C. Just my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Either do I....they will pick Kekalainen's pocket like a hustler in Guadalajara :classic_wink:

Maybe we go after Kotkaniemi and it’s one of those shocking Hronek trades. We will all be “what”? And then it proves to be a super steal!!! 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I think Jenner is a better fit than Monahan, and an incremental upgrade on Suter but that reported package should close to one for one of the high end targets like Lindholm/Crouse/Ek that we have been talking about.

Not that much more than that package should get you Lindholm and Tanev with some retained AND have them take back money like Myers to make the dollars work.

Edited by Provost
  • ThereItIs 1