(Rumour) Canucks Interested in Boone Jenner

34 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Would save us assets if we wanted to make the move. Unless you okay with emptying our personal cupboards.

Probably go another avenue if price is too high for Jenner but Peeke is probably low-cost since he's been pushed out with the new guys there. 

So if no to Jenner maybe still try for Peeke in a different deal.  

I suggested him as a possibility a few times. Don’t know that I’d be close to paying what they’re asking though. 

edit: Jenner to me is a mid end prospect and a 2nd round pick kinda guy tops. 

Edited by Dizzle
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe we go after Kotkaniemi and it’s one of those shocking Hronek trades. We will all be “what”? And then it proves to be a super steal!!! 

I will always see potential in Kotka, he's got much more to show IMO, it would be a great acquisition, yes another potential homerun. 

• Vintage 1

Maybe we should try for Horvat at 50% retained instead! 

can’t see it. Jenner isn’t what we need as a priority. PA is looking for a top 6 that can finish and will pay accordingly for it. Jenner would be a pricey luxury that I think the assets spent would be better served on someone else. 

That said, could def see us attempting to secure Guentzel as a rental but he’ll likely go somewhere where he’s already interested in potentially extending. If not, the price point for him might actually be within our realm. 

Henrique would also be a decent option on an expiring contract and likely low cost of acquisition. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RWJC said:

can’t see it. Jenner isn’t what we need as a priority. PA is looking for a top 6 that can finish and will pay accordingly for it. Jenner would be a pricey luxury that I think the assets spent would be better served on someone else. 

That said, could def see us attempting to secure Guentzel as a rental but he’ll likely go somewhere where he’s already interested in potentially extending. If not, the price point for him might actually be within our realm. 

Henrique would also be a decent option on an expiring contract and likely low cost of acquisition. 

Acquiring Guentzel would make zero sense if the long term plan is to keep the Lotto line together.  Guentzel, or any other “high ticket” forward, won’t be able to produce much of their linemates are any combination of Hoglander, Mikheyev, or Suter.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Ryan Hartman would be my top choice if we're going for a C. 

Dakota Hartman Garland would be a real pain in the ass. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Acquiring Guentzel would make zero sense if the long term plan is to keep the Lotto line together.  Guentzel, or any other “high ticket” forward, won’t be able to produce much of their linemates are any combination of Hoglander, Mikheyev, or Suter.

That’s the rub. I can’t imagine we will keep the lotto line running through the playoffs though. Will need to balance out scoring or offset injury, hence likely why PA has openly discussed looking for a proven legit top 6.

Just throwing this out there but would not surprise me if we pursued Patrik Laine and Adam Peeke as a package. Laine might be a tough fit in a RT system and a high cap hit, but for the right cost to our asset pool, it may be something explored? He has skill, size, speed and can play all 3 F positions. Just lacking on D and commitment/consistency.

i think he has a huge ego and coming to a club like the Nux are now would allow that ego to prove himself on the ice. Could be another Hronek type acquisition in terms of value if he panned out.

Think we’d have to be sending back Kuz, 1st, and two solid prospects. 

all of that said, I would still pursue someone else. We will have ample cap space in addition to current status to go after whomever if we deal out Kuz. Exciting times

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Ryan Hartman would be my top choice if we're going for a C. 

Dakota Hartman Garland would be a real pain in the ass. 

I like Hartman too. SOB to play against. Burrows-like. Would be a great addition for playoffs 

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I usually agree with you, but I really like this player. 

What is it about him that you think wouldn't make him good for a run ?

Maybe captain obvious is saying you are giving up a top 6 winger (when he gets his mojo) for a bottom six, plus throwing in our next baby canuck best defensive duo, and then for desert a 1st.

I thought all the reporters and pundits say we are buyers? This looks like a calgary fire sale.

41 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I will always see potential in Kotka, he's got much more to show IMO, it would be a great acquisition, yes another potential homerun. 

I don't see what you guys are seeing in Kotkaniemi. I see a guy who is under contract until 2030 and this year has nine goal and nine assists in 42 games. He's never scored 20 goals in a season and in his best season he put up 43 points. If he was a top six forward he'd be tempting, but he isn't and there's that damned contract. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, RWJC said:

That’s the rub. I can’t imagine we will keep the lotto line running through the playoffs though. Will need to balance out scoring or offset injury, hence likely why PA has openly discussed looking for a proven legit top 6.

Just throwing this out there but would not surprise me if we pursued Patrik Laine and Adam Peeke as a package. Laine might be a tough fit in a RT system and a high cap hit, but for the right cost to our asset pool, it may be something explored? He has skill, size, speed and can play all 3 F positions. Just lacking on D and commitment/consistency.

i think he has a huge ego and coming to a club like the Nux are now would allow that ego to prove himself on the ice. Could be another Hronek type acquisition in terms of value if he panned out.

Think we’d have to be sending back Kuz, 1st, and two solid prospects. 

all of that said, I would still pursue someone else. We will have ample cap space in addition to current status to go after whomever if we deal out Kuz. Exciting times

Laine would be interesting for sure but it would be quite risky.  Potential high risk high reward?

To CBJ:  Kuzmenko + Myers

To Van:  Laine + Peeke

Cap hits would work to be almost identical (I’m just doing some rough math).  

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Maybe captain obvious is saying you are giving up a top 6 winger (when he gets his mojo) for a bottom six, plus throwing in our next baby canuck best defensive duo, and then for desert a 1st.

I thought all the reporters and pundits say we are buyers? This looks like a calgary fire sale.

I wouldn't pay the suggested price in the OP, just like the player.

I like the options it would give us for having some really hard lines.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't see what you guys are seeing in Kotkaniemi. I see a guy who is under contract until 2030 and this year has nine goal and nine assists in 42 games. He's never scored 20 goals in a season and in his best season he put up 43 points. If he was a top six forward he'd be tempting, but he isn't and there's that damned contract. 

I see potential.

Since you're only looking at KK's stat sheet, notice our Hogz has 17 points in 41 games this year, is he to be derided too? He's also 23, like KK. 😏

KK provides great defense, and controlled zone entries, and shot-assist rates, (2022/23) and just like Nichushkin, who didn't find his game until he was 26 (who was putrid offensively in his first 5 years), and was written off and mocked by many as a bust....KK may still yet reach his potential.

I agree his salary isn't anything to yodel about, he's another example of locking in a player for "potential" rather than "body of work"....but only time will tell in all counts.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I see potential.

Since you're only looking at KK's stat sheet, notice our Hogz has 17 points in 41 games this year, is he to be derided too? He's also 23, like KK. 😏

KK provides great defense, and controlled zone entries, and shot-assist rates, (2022/23) and just like Nichushkin, who didn't find his game until he was 26 (who was putrid offensively in his first 5 years), and was written off and mocked by many as a bust....KK may still yet reach his potential.

I agree his salary isn't anything to yodel about, he's another example of locking in a player for "potential" rather than "body of work"....but only time will tell in all counts.

I see potential but I see more in DAK. I mean I like the length of the contract but Carolina would have to retain and take a UFA like Cole. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dizzle said:

I suggested him as a possibility a few times. Don’t know that I’d be close to paying what they’re asking though. 

edit: Jenner to me is a mid end prospect and a 2nd round pick kinda guy tops. 

Yup this smells like a Tanner Jeannot overpayment in the works. No thanks. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I see potential but I see more in DAK. I mean I like the length of the contract but Carolina would have to retain and take a UFA like Cole. 

Fair points, I don't disagree with that, but the topic at hand is KK and what he would/wouldn't bring here...I'm not concerned how it would all come about, I have confidence that our mgmt. team won't screw the pooch in any dealings, so your scenario isn't out of the question at all.

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Would save us assets if we wanted to make the move. Unless you okay with emptying our personal cupboards.

Probably go another avenue if price is too high for Jenner but Peeke is probably low-cost since he's been pushed out with the new guys there. 

So if no to Jenner maybe still try for Peeke in a different deal.  

My bad... I read it as sending a 3rd team some assets for getting kuz. As in paying to offload his contract.

I like the player but Jenner seems like the guy you overpay on intangibles when you trade for, he puts up 2 or 3 points in a playoff series and you cry as your 1st round pick flies out the window. 

Edit: I guess he has 2 years left at a decent cap hit.  I can see the appeal, then.

Edited by The Duke