(Rumour) Canucks Interested in Boone Jenner

6 hours ago, Provost said:

It doesn't specify where this report came from, I will try to track down if it is a solid source.

The cost reported seems astronomical for the guy, but he profiles as the type of player we need and is on a really cheap deal with term left.  He has never reached 50 points in his career, but has also played on a lot of stinker teams without a lot of talent.

I don't know if he is who you blow your first round pick on, but if you take that out and swap in a middle tier prospect I would be more onboard.  If that left you the 1st as a trade bullet in the chamber in a Kuzmenko for Guentzel (50% retained) trade, then that would be a tidier bit of work with 2/3rds of a 2nd line parachuted onto the roster.

Victor Alrikkson
2024 1st round pick
2025 2nd round pick
2026 4th round pick

for

Boone Jenner

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/LATEST-Patrik-Allvin-and-the-Canucks-linked-to-captain-of-Eastern-Conference-team

Feels like we could get more for that price.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Peeke? He would be our #7 dman. Not a huge need.

Would be a good 3 RD next year and is 25 turning 26 later in the year. He's more of a long-term guy that fits the age of the core.  He also might have more in him. 

Signed at 2.75M for next 3 years. 

Wouldn't be in a rush to get a deal done for him. Could be done in off-season too when we need to replace some older D in Myers/Cole.

2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I see potential.

Since you're only looking at KK's stat sheet, notice our Hogz has 17 points in 41 games this year, is he to be derided too? He's also 23, like KK. 😏

KK provides great defense, and controlled zone entries, and shot-assist rates, (2022/23) and just like Nichushkin, who didn't find his game until he was 26 (who was putrid offensively in his first 5 years), and was written off and mocked by many as a bust....KK may still yet reach his potential.

I agree his salary isn't anything to yodel about, he's another example of locking in a player for "potential" rather than "body of work"....but only time will tell in all counts.

That's confusing that you point this out because he's producing the same amount of points as Hoglander at a much greater cost. Hoglander has vastly improved and he is not hurting us.

I do not want to overpay for KK.

8 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

That's confusing that you point this out because he's producing the same amount of points as Hoglander at a much greater cost. Hoglander has vastly improved and he is not hurting us.

I do not want to overpay for KK.

It's a good thing it won't be coming out of your pocket then, isn't it? 😏

My comparison was only in reply to another poster, in his response to KK's production, or lack thereof, but thanks for chiming in.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

💯 

Just say no to Boone “I broke a nail, gonna be out for 5 weeks” Jenner.  

I was actually looking at Jenner’s cap hit ($3.7 million + 3 more years), and his games played per season. It’s not as bad as I thought. Yes he has missed about 10 games in multiple seasons but it’s not an awful amount.

I might have had a change of heart here.  That is an excellent cap hit and Jenner would definitely fill a need.  Hopefully, the rumored acquisition cost isn’t as high as we are making it out to be.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I was actually looking at Jenner’s cap hit ($3.7 million + 3 more years), and his games played per season. It’s not as bad as I thought. Yes he has missed about 10 games in multiple seasons but it’s not an awful amount.

I might have had a change of heart here.  That is an excellent cap hit and Jenner would definitely fill a need.  Hopefully, the rumored acquisition cost isn’t as high as we are making it out to be.

I remember a few seasons back when Jenner came into Vancouver and dominated the game for a Columbus win. That said I think Higgy is right that at 30 years old the price discussed is way to high. I just don't know if Jenner is still a top 6 player.  PA has the advantage of waiting out the many deals he probably has cooking. 

• Cheers 1

Like the player, his game is really suited for either a 2C or 3C on a playoff contending team.  However, with his injury history (missed 10 to 41 games in each of the past 5 years), I don't like paying a 1st rounder and possibly more on a guy like this.  He's their captain, was having a career year, I feel like we'll need to overpay and we shouldn't.  Lots of other options out there too. 

If the price is reasonable, OK, otherwise, pass.

12 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I usually agree with you, but I really like this player. 

What is it about him that you think wouldn't make him good for a run ?

At first glance His advanced stats arent too great…. The one thing that would be key is his FOW%. Jenner is one of those guys that I’m always like oh ya hes on this team. Aslong as it isnt a first, I’d be more supportive of it. But I’ll do a little digging and see what I find.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Supposedly Canucks have called on:

guentzel

then 

Crouse 

then 

EK

then 

Jenner 

these are all players I would love 

but clearly it’s about getting the right price 

at least right now they are identifying the right guys 

EK?

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I remember a few seasons back when Jenner came into Vancouver and dominated the game for a Columbus win. That said I think Higgy is right that at 30 years old the price discussed is way to high. I just don't know if Jenner is still a top 6 player.  PA has the advantage of waiting out the many deals he probably has cooking. 

The problem is that all of these guys are going to be expensive, whether it's Lindholm, Crouse, etc.   

In the case of Lindholm, not only would he be expensive, but we wouldn't be able to keep him beyond this season.

A lot of these other guys would likely cost us one of Lekkerimaki, Kuzmenko, or Podkolzin.  

So, in the case of Boone Jenner, if it only costs us a 2024 1st, a middling prospect, and a 2nd and a 3rd, I don't think that would be too unreasonable given the market.  

Jenner is currently 30, and his contract will expire at age 33.......which I don't think is *that* bad.  Jenner can help us on the PK and chip in some offence.  Furthermore, Jenner's presence would allow Suter to move to the 4th line.  It's also within reason that a 2nd line of Mikheyev-Jenner-Kuzmenko could possibly start 'clicking' and producing offence.  Jenner would also give us some options just in case we split up the Lotto line.

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Jenner-Kuzmenko

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Lafferty

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Cole-Zadorov

Juulsen

Demko

DeSmith

13 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

At first glance His advanced stats arent too great…. The one thing that would be key is his FOW%. Jenner is one of those guys that I’m always like oh ya hes on this team. Aslong as it isnt a first, I’d be more supportive of it. But I’ll do a little digging and see what I find.

I think you'll be disappointed if you expect a 2024 1st to not be involved.  Deadline deals are always a sellers market.   

The way I see it, if the Canucks could acquire Jenner without having to move any of Willander, Lekkerimaki, Podkolzin, or a current Top 6 forward, then I think we come out with a win here......especially when you consider Jenner's cap hit ($3.7 million), and the fact that he's signed multiple years.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I think you'll be disappointed if you expect a 2024 1st to not be involved.  Deadline deals are always a sellers market.   

The way I see it, if the Canucks could acquire Jenner without having to move any of Willander, Lekkerimaki, Podkolzin, or a current Top 6 forward, then I think we come out with a win here......especially when you consider Jenner's cap hit ($3.7 million), and the fact that he's signed multiple years.

True, our 1st will be a late round pick which is borderline 2nd. I could support a 1st round pick so long as no prospects are attached. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I like Jenner, I have him on one of my two fantasy keeper league rosters. I think he needs to get out of Columbus.

generally a mid 40 point scorer, 30 years old, under contract until summer 2026 for 3.75. I wouldn't be opposed really, but he isn't on my wish list either. No clauses to that deal so if he is a place holder that would be okay. 

I dislike the pricetag that is reported in the first post here immensely and would say no thanks on that alone. Maybe negotiate that down a bit and see what happens?

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Depends on the prospects. 

@AnthonyG

Pretty much this. If I'm Alvin, I hang up the phone and text sphincter pics if Columbus' GM's asking price involves Willander, Lekkerimaki, or Podkolzin.  2024 1st + B level prospect + 2025 2nd + 2026 4th is more than reasonable to me, given the nature of a seller's market.  The fact that we'd potentially have Jenner for multiple years without having to give up a Top 6 roster player would also be a huge advantage.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

I wonder what is up with his lack of assists relative to his goals? 13 goals and only 5 assists in 29 games before the broken jaw? 

Also seems he is skating again and expected to play around the 19th/20th of January

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

@AnthonyG

Pretty much this. If I'm Alvin, I hang up the phone and text sphincter pics if Columbus' GM's asking price involves Willander, Lekkerimaki, or Podkolzin.  2024 1st + B level prospect + 2025 2nd + 2026 4th is more than reasonable to me, given the nature of a seller's market.  The fact that we'd potentially have Jenner for multiple years without having to give up a Top 6 roster player would also be a huge advantage.  

Its too bad we couldnt get one prime year outta him. Hes on the decline but would be a great placeholder to allow a little more development and slow integration for a C prospect to come up in a year or 2 and slowly work from 3/4C to 2C

• Cheers 1

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Its too bad we couldnt get one prime year outta him. Hes on the decline but would be a great placeholder to allow a little more development and slow integration for a C prospect to come up in a year or 2 and slowly work from 3/4C to 2C

Auty Raty.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I wonder what is up with his lack of assists relative to his goals? 13 goals and only 5 assists in 29 games before the broken jaw? 

Also seems he is skating again and expected to play around the 19th/20th of January

Shitty linemates? 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Supposedly Canucks have called on:

guentzel

then 

Crouse 

then 

EK

then 

Jenner 

these are all players I would love 

but clearly it’s about getting the right price 

at least right now they are identifying the right guys 

Ya, not sure if there is any truth to those rumours… but those certainly seem like the right sort of guys to target.

There is even a path to add Guentzel AND a cheaper guy like Jenner.  The asking price is not likely going to be what they get eventually.  If you give up a decent prospect and a pick that isn’t a 1st rounder for Jenner, you still have Kuzmenko and the 1st for Guentzel.

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

I think ek not EK… as in Joel Eriksson ek 🤷‍♂️

Ooh I like Joel Eriksson Ek. 

I'd actually prefer him out of everyone. Only 26 yo. 

Plays the right way. Hard nosed game. Problem is salary @ 5.25m Locked up for several years though. 

I like Kuz but I'd trade him and a first for Ek immediately. 

You can even being Petey down and play him with Joel .

• Like 1