(Rumour) Canucks Interested in Boone Jenner

12 hours ago, Jim McMahon said:

Bryam is one massive hit away from his career ending. He has extensive concussion history and I’m sure Columbus has done their homework. 

So was crosby

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ooh I like Joel Eriksson Ek. 

I'd actually prefer him out of everyone. Only 26 yo. 

Plays the right way. Hard nosed game. Problem is salary @ 5.25m Locked up for several years though. 

I like Kuz but I'd trade him and a first for Ek immediately. 

You can even being Petey down and play him with Joel .

ErikssonEK would cost a helluva lot more than Kuzmenko and a 1st.  There lies within the problem.

• Cheers 1

@Bob Long@Jeremy Hronek @Alflives

So i had just enough time to dig into last season

2022-23

Jenner was on for quite a concerning amount of goals 5v5. 62GA however his expected goals against drop to 51. Hes a bit of a victim of bad goals… buuuuut….. then you look at the high danger goals scored against he has the 5th worst in the league that season of all players over 700mins with 40 high danger goals against. Thats 80% of the expected goals against being high danger. But then I look at his high danger attempts allowed and its only 220 and that puts him in the middle roughly. So how much of it is him? How much of it is goaltending? Cant say for sure…

I know +/- is a bit of a flawed stat because it doesn’t exactly tell the whole story typically…. But last year in his case, it kinda tells a bit of a truer story. -32 and LOTS of high danger goals against. But then again only 220 high danger attempts….What led to those high danger  attempts (dzone turnovers, broken sticks, bad coverage by anyone) is beyond me and wether or not goaltending played a bigger factor.

he has offensive upside, hes big, strong in the dots, seldomly turns the puck over… idk maybe Tocchet could work wonders on him, look at how Boeser has turned it around defensively. Jennercould just be trapped in a bad system with irresponsible players. He only makes us a deeper team with more scoring in the top 6 on a steal of a deal.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

ErikssonEK would cost a helluva lot more than Kuzmenko and a 1st.  There lies within the problem.

Yeah I guess he would. 

He would make Raty redundant as we'd have Miller, petey and ek as our centres long term. 

It would also give us options though if Petey plays hardball and wants max dollars if we can't sign him this summer

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

2022-23

Jenner was on for quite a concerning amount of goals 5v5. 62GA however his expected goals against drop to 51. Hes a bit of a victim of bad goals… buuuuut….. then you look at the high danger goals scored against he has the 5th worst in the league that season of all players over 700mins with 40 high danger goals against. Thats 80% of the expected goals against being high danger. But then I look at his high danger attempts allowed and its only 220 and that puts him in the middle roughly. So how much of it is him? How much of it is goaltending? Cant say for sure…

I know +/- is a bit of a flawed stat because it doesn’t exactly tell the whole story typically…. But last year in his case, it kinda tells a bit of a truer story. -32 and LOTS of high danger goals against. But then again only 220 high danger attempts….What led to those high danger  attempts (dzone turnovers, broken sticks, bad coverage by anyone) is beyond me and wether or not goaltending played a bigger factor.

he has offensive upside, hes big, strong in the dots, seldomly turns the puck over… idk maybe Tocchet could work wonders on him, look at how Boeser has turned it around defensively. Jennercould just be trapped in a bad system with irresponsible players. He only makes us a deeper team with more scoring in the top 6 on a steal of a deal.

Good finds. 😎 

I suspect it’s more of a case of Jenner being trapped in a bad system with irresponsible players.  Did he play with Laine much?

30 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

2022-23

I do think its a good player trapped on a badly run team. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I do think its a good player trapped on a badly run team. 

Agreed. He is much better than a lot of people are giving him credit for.

Barely an upgrade on Suter? Come on...

He's putting up decent points on one of the worst teams in the NHL while providing physicality and consistently winning 55% of his draws. Mostly, D zone starts, playing with the hollow shells of Gaudreau and Laine, or worse. Jenner is one of the only players on the Blue Jackets who shows any interest in the game. He had a few down years defensively, but previously was solid in that role. He hits, blocks, and scores at 0.62 points/game. That is second-line centre material, especially if he can shore up some of the defensive deficiencies and further improve on his finishing.

While I still wouldn't trade him for the aforementioned package, as it is a huge overpay, Jenner would solidify our top 6 and add the right amount of offence/battle that Mik and Kuz could use.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

Agreed. He is much better than a lot of people are giving him credit for.

Barely an upgrade on Suter? Come on...

He's putting up decent points on one of the worst teams in the NHL while providing physicality and consistently winning 55% of his draws. Mostly, D zone starts, playing with the hollow shells of Gaudreau and Laine, or worse. Jenner is one of the only players on the Blue Jackets who shows any interest in the game. He had a few down years defensively, but previously was solid in that role. He hits, blocks, and scores at 0.62 points/game. That is second-line centre material, especially if he can shore up some of the defensive deficiencies and further improve on his finishing.

While I still wouldn't trade him for the aforementioned package, as it is a huge overpay, Jenner would solidify our top 6 and add the right amount of offence/battle that Mik and Kuz could use.

Yep, there is a price that makes sense. Maybe if it was just our late 1st?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Good finds. 😎 

I suspect it’s more of a case of Jenner being trapped in a bad system with irresponsible players.  Did he play with Laine much?

2022-23 his #1 line combination was with Gaudreau and Laine 245mins TOI at 5v5

2nd was Gaudreau and Marchenko at 230mins TOI 

his top line mate is Gaudreau most TOI and most pts by a large margin 

• Cheers 1

I like Boone but obvs not for that price ..

but then again it’s PA were talking about here . He got zadorov for half of what people were predicting on here .

so if we do get Boone Jenner than PA will make sure the price makes sense and won’t overpay.

only question is what is a fair price to pay for him ??

Edited by CaptainQuin

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Remembering what Jeannot went for, I can see Boone returning a lot.

Haha that was a head scratcher, wonder if any GM's are using that when negotiating trades... "But.... Jeannot..."

8 hours ago, Coryberg said:

I think he is better but not much. After all the raises due next season I think we are going to need Juulsen to be our #6 for $775,000.

I think we ar gonna need him in the mix regardless ya.

I’ve really liked him as of late. He’s really settled in, doesn’t have the major WTF moments, is physical, has been great in the Pk and has given us solid minutes over a considerable stretch now.

2 hours ago, canuck73 said:

Only way I'd move the first rounder is to get a salary retained top 6 player that puts us over the top.

Otherwise not opposed to Jenner coming over.

He does have a no trade clause

I couldn’t imagine a Canadian kid saying no to going from a no buddy cares team in the bottom of the standings to one of the best / exciting teams in league ina. Canadian market 

unless he doesn’t want the pressure