[Proposal] What would it cost to acquire Marcus Foligno

Long time listener, first time caller.

Was wondering if there is a possible deal around Kuzmenko for M.Foligno AKA MOOSE. I believe he is a perfect power forward for us going into the trenches of playoffs.

Foligno
- Makes 4m for 3 more seasons

- 6'3 226 and can really chuck em.
- Heavy forechecker/Big hitter
- Has scoring touch and can player real NHL mins (20 goal seasons). He's +6 at the moment on a sub .500 Wild team.
- Great leadership/reputation around the league
- Canadian (playoffs)

I could go on....

I realize there is some risk in that he doesn't produce a ton but I think he can really open space for our skilled players.

My proposal...
Kuzmenko + 1st or good prospect + 2nd for Foligno + 3rd/B prospect

Wild get a similar AAV winger who might flourish playing with Kaprizov. Kuz has 40 goal season under his belt, Wild always looking for scoring. They also get a late 1st/youth for them to build with until the shit buyouts expire and they have tons of cap space to sign FA's. By that time Foligno will be old and slow, at least they can flip kuz again or let him walk if he starts to suck.

My Dream lineup for game 1 of playoffs

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser
Foligno- Pettersson - Hoglander
Joshua - Blueger - Garly
Podkolzin- Suter - Lafferty

PDG-AMAN

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Cole
Zadorov - Myers
Juulz

Let me know what ya think! 

Edited by Leithal

• Leithal changed the title to [Proposal] What would it cost to acquire Marcus Foligno

Only that Minny has just re-signed him to an attractive 4 year contract with a NMC (as you have said).  He's 32 it'll see him to retirement.  He's definitely in their short/mid term plans (what ever they may be).  I don't see much desire on Minny's part to move him.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Only that Minny has just re-signed him to an attractive 4 year contract with a NMC (as you have said).  He's 32 it'll see him to retirement.  He's definitely in their short/mid term plans (what ever they may be).  I don't see much desire on Minny's part to move him.

Basically this.  

I think this is why Alvin is interested in someone like Jordan Greenway instead.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Basically this.  

I think this is why Alvin is interested in someone like Jordan Greenway instead.

Yeah but he also just got traded at the deadline last year.  Why would they give up on him so soon?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Yeah but he also just got traded at the deadline last year.  Why would they give up on him so soon?

Greenway is also one of the coach's (Granato) favourite players.  They have a relationship that goes years back.  I would be pretty surprised if the Sabres traded Greenway.

On 1/15/2024 at 2:32 AM, Sabrefan1 said:

As for Foligno.  He's like his father.  A stand-up hard nosed dude who is not afraid to throw down when need be.  The kind of guy that you want during a playoff run.

Foligno is a great target.   That NMC makes it pretty much a mental exercise.   Wouldn't be giving up on any of our top prospects, Kuzmennko, absolutely, and picks to even things out. 

• Cheers 1