[Speculation] Senators Reportedly Entertaining Offers For Jakob Chychrun

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I see Zadorov as our least likely to be traded behind Soucy, Cole and Myers. A team might WANT zad, but so did we and that’s why we got him. I just don’t see us flipping assets so quickly Vegas style. 

Absolutely agree you have to give to get though. I just hope it’s not us giving. I like our D as it is. 

Definitely agree our D has shaped out nicely. Especially compared to what we began the year with!

I'm also not a fan of flipping assets so quickly, but I get the feeling management understands this is a special team. A factor with Zadorov too is how much does he want per year, and how much term does he want? I could be wrong, but I get the sense he'll want both, and if so, it could price him out of Vancouver. If that's the case, only then could it be worth considering moving him for someone else. Management has really valued players around the 24-28 year old range that are either RFA or on a decent contract.

We're also maxed out in terms of cap which might also very well limit what we can and can't do. Either way, here's hoping our management have some tricks up their sleeves to make solid additions without making too significant of subtractions!

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Definitely agree our D has shaped out nicely. Especially compared to what we began the year with!

I'm also not a fan of flipping assets so quickly, but I get the feeling management understands this is a special team. A factor with Zadorov too is how much does he want per year, and how much term does he want? I could be wrong, but I get the sense he'll want both, and if so, it could price him out of Vancouver. If that's the case, only then could it be worth considering moving him for someone else. Management has really valued players around the 24-28 year old range that are either RFA or on a decent contract.

We're also maxed out in terms of cap which might also very well limit what we can and can't do. Either way, here's hoping our management have some tricks up their sleeves to make solid additions without making too significant of subtractions!

All true. But our mindset now, because we are a Cup contender, will be to add depth and not sell. If Z goes it will be as a free agent July 1. Love to keep him, but IMHAO (if we can’t sign him by the TDL) that doesn’t mean we will trade him. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All true. But our mindset now, because we are a Cup contender, will be to add depth and not sell. If Z goes it will be as a free agent July 1. Love to keep him, but IMHAO (if we can’t sign him by the TDL) that doesn’t mean we will trade him. 

100% agree we'll be more of a buyer than a seller and will definitely be looking to accumulate depth. 

Another thing Allvin and co have been saying as well is they're always looking on ways to improve the roster. I hope we can re-sign Zadorov to a good contract, but we are also lacking a solid 3rd defensemen. I don't think it's likely Zadorov is moved, but I get the feeling if say a legitimate 3rd D option is available and Zadorov is an ask + if they get a good sense that they can't keep Zadorov, I'd think they would have to seriously consider it.

Plus us being up against the cap could also limit our options. I'm hopeful that we can keep Zadorov, but this management group has been making moves that none of us expect + have seemed to be two to three steps ahead haha.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

You mean once, from Arizona to Ottawa?

Well technically twice now... Arizona to Ottawa and now Ottawa to ________.

If he is as good as he is touted to be, and his cap hit is low, why would teams be trying to unload him?  Does make you wonder.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, ngoway said:

100% agree we'll be more of a buyer than a seller and will definitely be looking to accumulate depth. 

Another thing Allvin and co have been saying as well is they're always looking on ways to improve the roster. I hope we can re-sign Zadorov to a good contract, but we are also lacking a solid 3rd defensemen. I don't think it's likely Zadorov is moved, but I get the feeling if say a legitimate 3rd D option is available and Zadorov is an ask + if they get a good sense that they can't keep Zadorov, I'd think they would have to seriously consider it.

Plus us being up against the cap could also limit our options. I'm hopeful that we can keep Zadorov, but this management group has been making moves that none of us expect + have seemed to be two to three steps ahead haha.

Maybe a guy like Chychscrub shakes loose or Hannimuffin? They would be good in the 3D role. Or maybe they’re better suited for a 4D role? 

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If he is as good as he is touted to be, and his cap hit is low, why would teams be trying to unload him?  Does make you wonder.

By the time either team is contending that bargain deal will be long gone and he will either be a UFA or be paid HEAVILY. Doesn't make sense for either team to hold him.

Dorian was a dumby to trade for him and debrincat. Both trades were because he thought his team was ready to contend and he was dead wrong.

I see nothing wrong with staios trying to clean up that wreck. Doesn't make Chychrun a bad player or person.

3 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

By the time either team is contending that bargain deal will be long gone and he will either be a UFA or be paid HEAVILY. Doesn't make sense for either team to hold him.

Dorian was a dumby to trade for him and debrincat. Both trades were because he thought his team was ready to contend and he was dead wrong.

I see nothing wrong with staios trying to clean up that wreck. Doesn't make Chychrun a bad player or person.

That all makes sense, but he's only 25yo and could grow with their core.  I guess the one thing is that Sanderson came about... which makes Chychrun expendable.

1 hour ago, ngoway said:

You have to give to get, and you also have to move salary out to move salary in. Simply was a proposal and I'm sure management are going to look at many different scenarios if they feel like they can improve the team.

Understood. I just think D is where we should ensure we are deep for a playoff run, and with highly capable personnel at that. Zadorov is exactly who you want in playoffs. I think a Chychrun could be acquired for pieces that don’t alter our current course, and I think mgmt is ready to go all in if we keep trending this way. You almost have to. This is an incredible season in Nux history. Never know what tomorrow brings so take advantage of now.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe a guy like Chychscrub shakes loose or Hannimuffin? They would be good in the 3D role. Or maybe they’re better suited for a 4D role? 

If the price is right, who knows! At this point though, I definitely trust management to make some solid moves if they're out there to really solidify this team. Plus they've made it clear they won't sell the whole farm either, so maybe they can find some undervalued players that could use a change of scenery and will step up? At least that's the dream haha

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, ngoway said:

If the price is right, who knows! At this point though, I definitely trust management to make some solid moves if they're out there to really solidify this team. Plus they've made it clear they won't sell the whole farm either, so maybe they can find some undervalued players that could use a change of scenery and will step up? At least that's the dream haha

Scrub Bud should come pretty cheap though. 

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Understood. I just think D is where we should ensure we are deep for a playoff run, and with highly capable personnel at that. Zadorov is exactly who you want in playoffs. I think a Chychrun could be acquired for pieces that don’t alter our current course, and I think mgmt is ready to go all in if we keep trending this way. You almost have to. This is an incredible season in Nux history. Never know what tomorrow brings so take advantage of now.

100% agree! Depth at D will definitely be important as we learned in the 2010/2011 run. When we lost Hamhuis in the final round, and our depth was Rome and Alberts 🤢.

Getting a legitimate #3 defensemen though would really solidify the D group. Super tough to find top pairing defensemen for a reasonable price though. Hoping that management continues the magic they've been working on this roster to really help solidify this team 🤞.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yip, I read somewhere that Ottawa fans aren't impressed with his play?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Yip, I read somewhere that Ottawa fans aren't impressed with his play?

That’s because Chychscrub is a dough head. He’s just not a quick thinker. If he would just think defensive first then he could become a Boumeister level guy. But he is just too much of a dumbo to do that. Like Dahlin, Scrub Bud is a dough head dumbo.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

rebuilding teams that understand he has high value because of the contract and talent. Easier to move than a Chabot with the 8m a year price tag teams wouldn't be able to fit.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

rebuilding teams that understand he has high value because of the contract and talent. Easier to move than a Chabot with the 8m a year price tag teams wouldn't be able to fit.

The Scruberdoodke has little to no trade value. 

12 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Depends on how you look at it.  Chabot is cost controlled for 5 years.  If you feel he's an $8m defenceman now and he's only 26, you will have a top pairing defenceman locked in through his prime years. 

Chychrun has a couple years until he becomes a UFA.  When he's 27 years old, you might have to pay him as much or more than Chabot, and likely until he's 34 or 35 years old.

It really depends on what you're looking for.  I'd imagine if the Canucks had Hronek but no Hughes, we'd be all over Chabot.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Depends on how you look at it.  Chabot is cost controlled for 5 years.  If you feel he's an $8m defenceman now and he's only 26, you will have a top pairing defenceman locked in through his prime years. 

Chychrun has a couple years until he becomes a UFA.  When he's 27 years old, you might have to pay him as much or more than Chabot, and likely until he's 34 or 35 years old.

It really depends on what you're looking for.  I'd imagine if the Canucks had Hronek but no Hughes, we'd be all over Chabot.

thats the point though, chychrun is easier for teams to bring in, while Chabot is the one Ottawa doesn't want to trade because of being signed longer. From both perspectives Chychrun is the easier to move, it doesn't make him a bad player for being moved. It just means Ottawa wasn't as close as they thought. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

thats the point though, chychrun is easier for teams to bring in, while Chabot is the one Ottawa doesn't want to trade because of being signed longer. From both perspectives Chychrun is the easier to move, it doesn't make him a bad player for being moved. It just means Ottawa wasn't as close as they thought. 

Oh I'm looking at it from the POV of how Chabot could bring more value back in a trade depending on who they're trading with.  Kinda like a Pietrangelo (Chabot) vs Parayko (Chychrun) situation.  

35 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oh I'm looking at it from the POV of how Chabot could bring more value back in a trade depending on who they're trading with.  Kinda like a Pietrangelo (Chabot) vs Parayko (Chychrun) situation.  

Ya I didn't mean to insinuate he has more value than Chabot, just that he is easier to move. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s because Chychscrub is a dough head. He’s just not a quick thinker. If he would just think defensive first then he could become a Boumeister level guy. But he is just too much of a dumbo to do that. Like Dahlin, Scrub Bud is a dough head dumbo.

We need some sort of Urban Alfionary

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EB43 said:

We need some sort of Urban Alfionary

Its pretty easy. 

Dough head, not approved by the empties. (these are SCOTCH empties, not some american beers)

Dumbo = Dough head, see above.

• Haha 1