Van Minni [Proposal]

So Minni is finally taking their lumps. They appear to have a really good strat in place to be very good when those buyouts expire. Their D however is in shambles with really only Lambos Faber in the pipe Addisson is meh. I think they would listen if we sent them a package of prospects that line up with their timeline to rebound.

To Minni 

Hoglander or 2025 2nd and a roster player + Hunter  Brzustewicz + Aiden McDonough(Judd pick)

To Van Ryan Hartman

Hartman is in the final year of his 1.7m contract next season he bumps up to 4m. Minni somehow also needs to find cash for a goalie to split starts with Gusto and some D to dress next year. Hartman is a right shot C/RW who has scored 30+ and is a royal pain in the arse to play against. 

Obligatory roster to flame on.... 

Pete Miller Brock

Dakota Hartman Garland embrace the hate

Mik Suter Kuzz

Laff Blueger PDG/Aman  

• Confused 1

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - X - Mikheyev

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

X - Suter - Lafferty

Aman

Canucks might be in a bit of  tough spot. I'm not sure they'll trade Kuzmenko, because of Millstein.

In order to fill that #2C spot they'll have to give up quite a lot. My guess would be Hoglander and maybe Podkolzin and picks. The other team would probably have to retain to make the cap work.

I also believe they need to add size/toughness to their bottom 6. Aman should be a spare.

3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

So Minni is finally taking their lumps. They appear to have a really good strat in place to be very good when those buyouts expire. Their D however is in shambles with really only Lambos Faber in the pipe Addisson is meh. I think they would listen if we sent them a package of prospects that line up with their timeline to rebound.

To Minni 

Hoglander or 2025 2nd and a roster player + Hunter  Brzustewicz + Aiden McDonough(Judd pick)

To Van Ryan Hartman

Hartman is in the final year of his 1.7m contract next season he bumps up to 4m. Minni somehow also needs to find cash for a goalie to split starts with Gusto and some D to dress next year. Hartman is a right shot C/RW who has scored 30+ and is a royal pain in the arse to play against. 

Pete Miller Brock

Mik Suter Kuzz

Laff Blueger PDG/Aman  

I have no idea why we would do this, I think a lot of fans undervalue Hoglander and Breezy has way too much potential to just dump out in a trade for a middle 6 guy.

The other thing to consider is Hartman has a FULL NMC, he's not going anywhere!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Hammertime said:

To Minni 

To Van Ryan Hartman

Pete Miller Brock

Mik Suter Kuzz

Laff Blueger PDG/Aman  

Hartman would be such a clutch add. I'm with you on this regard, Canucks have plenty of skill, they'll need some sandpaper to win come playoffs. Hartman brings that in spades, along with enough skill to play in the top six.

I don't see it from Minnesota's perspective though. They're going to try to remain competitive through this buyout situation with potential impact rookies set to join them on ELCs next year in Yurov, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Wallstedt, and Rossi, Faber still on ELCs through next year. Yurov in particular should be a legit Calder candidate. Not saying I think they'll be contenders through this, but the plan seems pretty clear to me: they want to stay the course, bring in rookies on ELCs to surround the core, develop a competitive mentality, and I think they could emerge as a powerhouse on the other side of this. Hartman is on a pretty reasonable contract, and I think they see him as a core piece going forward.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Hammertime said:

To Minni 

To Van Ryan Hartman

Pete Miller Brock

Mik Suter Kuzz

Laff Blueger PDG/Aman  

Fond memories of the helmet heads at HF Canucks “bragging” about how the Minnesota Wild would be powerhouses now that Judd Bracket had signed on with them.  Lots of mediocre prospects over there biting boners on the farm.  Perhaps it’s safe to say that Judd Bracket wasn’t the second coming of Jesus Christ? 

Edited by Jeremy Hronek