[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Most nights, Canucks are the better team than their opponents.  That is a fact you and I can both enjoy.

It is sad and pathetic when you have to make excuses for the few times they've lost this year.  We have lost to some inferior teams.  Do you honestly think teams like Toronto or St. Louis are actually better than us?  No.  We even lost to Calgary once this season.  But this is sports, man.  Anything can happen and on those nights, they were better.

We are the best club in the league! Why nit pick? Look at all those loser teams we are better than and laugh at their loser fans. That’s being a true fan. 

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Most nights, Canucks are the better team than their opponents.  That is a fact you and I can both enjoy.

It is sad and pathetic when you have to make excuses for the few times they've lost this year.  We have lost to some inferior teams.  Do you honestly think teams like Toronto or St. Louis are actually better than us?  No.  We even lost to Calgary once this season.  But this is sports, man.  Anything can happen and on those nights, they were better.

Yup, we lost to San Jose too. Man up and admit it. It's pretty sad as a fanbase when you're leading the league in points but you can't give another team credit and simply admit you lost one hockey game in an 82 game season without throwing out every excuse in the book (and then some).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are the best club in the league! Why nit pick? Look at all those loser teams we are better than and laugh at their loser fans. That’s being a true fan. 

True fans don't try to make excuses for why their team loses.  They admit they weren't good enough that night and move on.

On the flip side, it must feel pretty fucking nice when your trash team pulls off the upset against the best team in the league.

Can't we just be happy at this point 44 games in?

29 Wins, 11 Losses, 4 OT Losses, and 62 points.

We are 10 wins away from beating the total number of wins last season.

And need 21 points in 38 games to equal last season.

I'm sorry, this season has been great.

Perfect no.

Great yes.

Keep climbing the ladder!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Perfect no.

Great yes.

I haven’t even looked at this PGT but your summary of the whining sums up what i predicted.

Canucks had one of the best road trips in their history. I’m so excited for this team 

• Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Perfect no.

Great yes.

There is a very nonsensical portion of the fanbase that doesn’t want to admit that the team is quickly becoming a juggernaut. 

I remember a time when the team was middling, didn’t pushback, let other teams dictate the pace of play more than not and now that we have the highest scoring, second largest, competitive and hungry team, people seem to want to wait for the regression they “know” is coming. 

I ask simply, “Why?”

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is a very nonsensical portion of the fanbase that doesn’t want to admit that the team is quickly becoming a juggernaut. 

I remember a time when the team was middling, didn’t pushback, let other teams dictate the pace of play more than not and now that we have the highest scoring, second largest, competitive and hungry team, people seem to want to wait for the regression they “know” is coming. 

I ask simply, “Why?”

and the team will only improve as management makes some moves to shore up some of the remaining deficiencies. Much to look forward to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

and the team will only improve as management makes some moves to shore up some of the remaining deficiencies. Much to look forward to.

They are capable of playing any type of game, and holding onto a lead and padding one quite effectively too.

Speed to burn, skill to spare and size to crush, all in equal measure. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

image.png.0d680c82e699cd8e184815887248b2fa.png

GO MAPLE LEAFS GO!

*hack* *wheeze* *snort*

I think I need an antibiotic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

image.png.f535e9920d5324dea526829790fad4ac.pngtenor.gif?itemid=12902991

One game in hand gone!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

image.png.0d680c82e699cd8e184815887248b2fa.png

GO MAPLE LEAFS GO!

*hack* *wheeze* *snort*

I think I need an antibiotic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

image.png.f535e9920d5324dea526829790fad4ac.pngtenor.gif?itemid=12902991

One game in hand gone!

Edmonton tied it

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's pretty sad as a fanbase when you're leading the league in points but you can't give another team credit

True ... especially knowing we have a good team. When you know, it's easier to give credit. Merzlikins needed that win after his trade request. It was obviously a bit more personal for him. He has a bit more at stake.

With that said ... 

It's also pretty sad as a fanbase when your team's leading the league in points but you (in general) can't be happy and feel the need to be negative and toxic as if the team's still in the basement. Or even admit that this team is legit and better than what was being said last year and even this past offseason.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Frankly, whatever Alvin decides is fine with me. The guy is on a roll and has been shrewd and methodical.

As far as I can see, I think there are two kinds of trades to be made. The first is a strict playoff rental on an expiring contract that will cost draft picks and/or someone far down the organizational depth chart. I don't believe you trade away a roster player for a rental. Rentals might include guys like Tarasenko, Eberle, Kubalik, Duclair and Toffoli. 

Other potential rentals include Maroon, Barabanov, Tanev, Justin Schultz and Edmundson.

The second kind of trade would be for keepers, or guys signed beyond this season who can be signed to an extension later. These guys will be difficult to acquire and will absolutely cost warm bodies and or top prosepcts. Allvin will have to think long and hard about giving up anyone from the pool of prospects he's assembled. Players who could be keepers could include Alex Tuch, Casey Mittelstadt, Arber Xhekaj, Johnathan Kovacevic, Daniel Sprong, Lawson Crouse and. Frank Vatrano.

I'm not saying these guys are Allvin's targets; I'm just speculating at what an approach could look like.