[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

7 hours ago, sassbs said:

Removed by mod

Teams lose and win, I am happy we are in the right side if the ledger and #1. I amslo hope the Canucks pick up a 2nd C but that means a roster player at least moves out. I trust PA/JR.

Removed by mod

Um.... the very first thing i said Is I am never negative about the team. I dont put out in the universe that we will lose, like some people. 

I speak my mind but its not Evil Trash against the team or anyone on it.

So I might get banned occasionally but its not for being a jealous toronto, edmonton or calgary fan! Or a journalist trying to make a name for being "obtuse"

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

The self-immolation of posters is odd. Just stop letting other posters opposing views have so much power over you? Its simple. Whether ardent homer or staunch skeptic. 

Yeah I have an excuse, the game was early but my scotch kept going. But I have a feeling my words are more honest than this:

oh and edit. Yeah I’m out.   Logging off and not logging back on again.

Edited 15 minutes ago by sassbs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Removed by mod

I endured the hatred and wrath of my

Fire Green!

posts for many years on CDC, some even thought they were being smart, original and funny poking fun of my user name.

Funny thing, I never said one bad word about our players, thought we had a pretty talented team that was being destroyed by the worst coach in the NHL.

Vengeance is mine.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Shootouts are lame. Just play 3 on 3 until it's won.

Yeah man. 5 on 5 even better but at least 3v3 usually ends it. Maybe they could just do paper, rock, scissors, or have a dance off or something if it's still tied after 5 min. 😆

28 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah man. 5 on 5 even better but at least 3v3 usually ends it. Maybe they could just do paper, rock, scissors, or have a dance off or something if it's still tied after 5 min. 😆

3 on 3 to end it sounds good. And make a rule that you can't take it past the red line. Or wantonly shoot it back to the goalie.

Oh yeah let goalies switch to a lighter stick too. A passing shooting type of goalie stick.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I endured the hatred and wrath of my

Fire Green!

posts for many years on CDC, some even thought they were being smart, original and funny poking fun of my user name.

Funny thing, I never said one bad word about our players, thought we had a pretty talented team that was being destroyed by the worst coach in the NHL.

Vengeance is mine.

But we respect you for your appropriate user name and welcome your dumb opinions because it gives us something to talk about when there is not another game until THURSDAY!!!!

12 minutes ago, Tusk said:

But we respect you for your appropriate user name and welcome your dumb opinions because it gives us something to talk about when there is not another game until THURSDAY!!!!

Are you saying firing Green was a dumb move?

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Are you saying firing Green was a dumb move?

Yep. Green was not the GM. Green had what he had to work with. He did alot with what he had.

of course, I think where we are now is better! dont get me wrong. 

but in a different dimension we already got a cup with Green!

as per Beastie Boys:

"

Now when it comes to envy y'all is green
Jealous of the rhyme and the rhyme routine
Another dimension, new galaxy
Intergalactic, planetary"

8 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Yep. Green was not the GM. Green had what he had to work with. He did alot with what he had.

of course, I think where we are now is better! dont get me wrong. 

but in a different dimension we already got a cup with Green!

as per Beastie Boys:

"

Now when it comes to envy y'all is green
Jealous of the rhyme and the rhyme routine
Another dimension, new galaxy
Intergalactic, planetary"

There are two things I am absolutely sure of;

1) Green was the worst coach in the history of the NHL.

2) The orca is the worst logo in the history of the NHL.

Fire Green, kill the fish!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

There are two things I am absolutely sure of;

1) Green was the worst coach in the history of the NHL.

2) The orca is the worst logo in the history of the NHL.

Fire Green, kill the fish!

can we at least bring back the green men at the penalty box? That shit was epic.

8 hours ago, kilgore said:

I hope Gaudreau is happy. As long as money buys happiness I guess.

He's the epitome of a player who's just in it for the greenback. So glad we never picked him. He got his big contract, and signed it for a team that will be below the radar, and he'll be able to make his fortune and walk down the street hassle free. Just pop in the occasional goal to not get run out of town (ha ha they couldn't if they wanted to now).  Chillax and float for the next 6 years @ almost $10 mill per in a low tax State, close to family.  What more do you want?  Oh.....that......meh, the Stanley Cup is overrated.

A part of me suspects that a large part of Gaudreau’s poor play stems from guilt over leaving Calgary. I could be wrong though.  Matt Tkachuk on the other hand could care less about having left Calgary imo (happy as hell to be in Florida and hasn’t looked back).

The goal posts for this team has shifted for the casual fan base like my self and my friends, no longer do I see this team just making the playoffs it would be a disappointment if they didn't clinch the Pacific at the very least, it would be more special to win the Presidents cup.

Having a roaster that is full of all stars and leading the NHL in so many categories at the all star break really does set new standards for the team and fans alike.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

I Like how these guys don’t make excuses. They man up. Not like that whining loser Dahlin who blames everyone else for his terrible loser player. Thank goodness we don’t have that kind of loser attitude on our club. 

amused d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

I noticed some people are mocking Columbus for celebrating the win as hard as they did.  I think that's dumb.  They have had a tough year with tons of injuries (again).  They have been undermanned all year long.  Yet they just beat the #1 team in the league, and looked pretty good doing it.  How would you feel if your team that's in the basement just beat the league leader?

We are the team everyone else is circling.  We are the team to beat.  Very few have succeeded.  Everyone knows they have to put their best foot forward against us.  This is all a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

The self-immolation of posters is odd. Just stop letting other posters opposing views have so much power over you? Its simple. Whether ardent homer or staunch skeptic. 

I agree. Although I don't like to see posters with a opposite view from the majority cave and quit the board, they should be prepared for some negative feed back from a board of die hard fans. Negative or not I do appreciate peoples thoughts, unless it's over the top,and for some posters over the top has different thresholds. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

3 on 3 to end it sounds good. And make a rule that you can't take it past the red line. Or wantonly shoot it back to the goalie.

Oh yeah let goalies switch to a lighter stick too. A passing shooting type of goalie stick.

Or how about this.

3on3, but no player can leave the ice and come back on, unless every player on the team has played. In other words every player gets only 1 shift until a goal is scored.

Could you imagine the line matching then? Each team starts their best, but as it drags on you go deeper into the lineup! Mistakes will be made but the team with better skilled depth should take it!

That way too players don't get completely gassed. 

Could be fun to see Hoglander, Cole and Joshua out there against the other teams scrubs