[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah man. 5 on 5 even better but at least 3v3 usually ends it. Maybe they could just do paper, rock, scissors, or have a dance off or something if it's still tied after 5 min. 😆

Or.. hear me out.... have a tie. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Miller is a pinball legend!
Cole/Blu gets pinched brain farts and Chkov scores. Smitty good save. Cole hooks. CBJ skating well after a full day off. Myers protects Huggy good. Sillinger can suk ballz. Against the run of play Garland is fed by Blue, awesomesauce. Smitty a few great saves. Garland should have shot there passes to J instead. Giveaway breakaway instead. Suter good work on the boards. Almost a last second goal! End of the 1st. 2nd Miller pizza! Smitty saves it. Voronkov LW 6'5" looks like a project player? 9 g in 38 games? Gets number 10 on the pp. I'd retain on Mik and add Aman and Woo for Vor. Kuz draws a penalty. #40 baby. Hogs draws a penalty. Severson cheap swing there. What happened to Graves and Severson, glad we stayed away from those contracts. Joshua with a nice clap back hit on Peeke. Lost our gas in the 3rd. Vos scores 2nd goal making him untouchable. 
Loser point. Lets practice shootouts eh.

Try cliff notes dude!

7 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Can’t really complain with a 5-1-1 record on this road trip. But it was the Blue Jackets who are one of the worst teams in the league so that’s always going to sting a little.

7 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Teams lose and win, I am happy we are in the right side if the ledger and #1. I amslo hope the Canucks pick up a 2nd C but that means a roster player at least moves out. I trust PA/JR.

Yea. The Blue Jackets had the edge as far as being rested. They knew what they were in for and prepared for our high flying Canucks. I figure if the Blue Jackets encountered us earlier in the road trip, they'd of been in a world of hurt. Lucky for them that we were road fatigued. Not just physically but mentally too.

Yea. Ties are a thing of the past in professional team sports it seems. Does satisfying fans have something to do with that?!??!?!?????

A 2nd line centre of significance would be on my wish list. Not a rental though. A needle mover for sure; someone that augments our team and fits JR/PA's age criteria.

4 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I noticed some people are mocking Columbus for celebrating the win as hard as they did.  I think that's dumb.  They have had a tough year with tons of injuries (again).  They have been undermanned all year long.  Yet they just beat the #1 team in the league, and looked pretty good doing it.  How would you feel if your team that's in the basement just beat the league leader?

We are the team everyone else is circling.  We are the team to beat.  Very few have succeeded.  Everyone knows they have to put their best foot forward against us.  This is all a good thing.

Pretty sure if tables were turned (as we know our Canucks have been in this scenario many a time!), we'd be stoked as sh*t too and cheer loudly. Believe me. It's better than seeing home jerseys thrown on the ice!

Yea. Teams know that the high flying Canucks are a real thing this season. They know that we're a hard team to play against. 

45 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Or how about this.

3on3, but no player can leave the ice and come back on, unless every player on the team has played. In other words every player gets only 1 shift until a goal is scored.

Could you imagine the line matching then? Each team starts their best, but as it drags on you go deeper into the lineup! Mistakes will be made but the team with better skilled depth should take it!

That way too players don't get completely gassed. 

Could be fun to see Hoglander, Cole and Joshua out there against the other teams scrubs

For the 3 on 3 OT, I would say for starters, sh*tcan icing and the blueline. And increase it to 10 minutes.

Edited by Sativika

Honestly, all things considered, I'm happy with the single point....

It's a bit silly, but TBH, the biggest disappointment for me is that the team is no longer undefeated when leading after twp periods....

• Cheers 4

5 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I noticed some people are mocking Columbus for celebrating the win as hard as they did.  I think that's dumb.  They have had a tough year with tons of injuries (again).  They have been undermanned all year long.  Yet they just beat the #1 team in the league, and looked pretty good doing it.  How would you feel if your team that's in the basement just beat the league leader?

We are the team everyone else is circling.  We are the team to beat.  Very few have succeeded.  Everyone knows they have to put their best foot forward against us.  This is all a good thing.

They do deserve the mocking because they recognize that the Canucks have had so much travel in last 24 hours which forced them to go Toronto in order to make a flight that got them out of Buffalo by the bus.  It will fuel the Canucks for revenge on the 27th after seeing them celebrate like they won the Cup and embarrass them even further.  The fact of thing is that Columbus is not a good team and we still controlled them for most part even with low energy and fatigue.  

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

Have to admit, I was pissed we didn't get two points. I always feel that way though. Just not a "Oh well, we tried our best" kind of person.

Always been controversy whether shoot-outs should be practiced from time to time. Not many coaches do. I think I would from time to time,

but not often, as it may screw up our own goalies. 

To be honest, I think they could have pushed the game back 3 - 4 hours, allow the Canucks that extra sleep they needed.

Congrats Blue boys; Yah got a freebee..🤒

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

CBJ played the way buffalo should have. Both teams suck but one read the memo.

Buff played fine their next game.

The difference was a fresher Nux team vs a Panda Express poorly rested version on their 7th road game.  

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Honestly, all things considered, I'm happy with the single point....

It's a bit silly, but TBH, the biggest disappointment for me is that the team is no longer undefeated when leading after twp periods....

26-0-1.  

They always get a point when leading after two. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Couldn't agree more. I noticed the same thing. Talk about poor sportsmanship. A team that's down and out and has had a rough go beats the first place team in the league that's beating them by 25 points. The poor fans and team have almost nothing left to cheer for this season and then both the team and fans get a little something to cheer for. They are a decent group of mostly younger players and not a hated group, city, or fanbase by any measure, and yet you got a group of ahole fans from CFF cutting them down and ripping into them for enjoying a little bit of success. Celebrating a victory, how dare they.

Columbus played well and deserve to be happy about it. Look how pumped Merzlikins was after that save. What are they supposed to do, not be happy and tell the media they suck and Vancouver was tired so really it didn't count. Man ... we go from aa bottom 10 embarrassment in the league to league's #1 ahole fanbase pretty quick. Geez, try to show a little bit of class.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Top 5 worst performances of the season capped off by the worst shootout attempts.

Absolutely dreadful game, lack of energy or not.

Zadorov needs to be scratched for Juulsen bad. 

😄 Don't we have to face the facts that Zadorov is like the Chaos Giraffe on steroids? Well he is as bad at least. Still think he will be an asset come playoff time, but could be wrong about that. He IS bad.  Isn't he?

Not a fan of overtime shoot outs anymore, just puts pressure on the goaltenders! And I dunno, 4 on 4 seemed fine till someone scored.

And not a fan of the Canuck pp drop pass in the neutral zone before entering the offensive zone…Tocc has said he doesn’t want players skating backwards to defend in the neutral zone, this pp drop pass play is working backwards!

Edited by Bretzky

39 minutes ago, Malibu said:

😄 Don't we have to face the facts that Zadorov is like the Chaos Giraffe on steroids? Well he is as bad at least. Still think he will be an asset come playoff time, but could be wrong about that. He IS bad.  Isn't he?

He was very effective when we acquired him because he was using his body to establish position but now he's not even checking and just extending his stick out (which if anybody has played hockey knows that you thread passes in between skate and stick, and with him being so tall that leaves A LOT of room). He seems unmotivated. 

Just now, Mordekai said:

Someone getting called up? Or there is a trade coming 

Who knows? Some are thinking this is just moving players back to Abbotsford to get them playing time. Might be a trade in the works. We will find out eventually.