[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

23 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Give it a moment there are a few trolls lurking that will be along shortly ... CanucksFanNever springs to mind ... with standard Trade Miller, Fire Tocchet, Petey sucked, ... 🙂

Go Canucks Go!

Actually my PGTs probably appear shorter by a couple pages since I already put one of the more vocal trolls on ignore.

No more ‘fire Tochet’ nonsense

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Frankly, whatever Alvin decides is fine with me. The guy is on a roll and has been shrewd and methodical.

and given that I doubt he would let any high end prospect go unless it’s a massive and not short term upgrade for this line up.  

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Bretzky said:

Not a fan of overtime shoot outs anymore, just puts pressure on the goaltenders! And I dunno, 4 on 4 seemed fine till someone scored.

Agree. Many people like it but it's brutal on the goalies, in particular, the one who's responsible that lets in the winner.

Add to that; The forwards try too many weird or new or fancy tricks that don't work and that can get into their heads.

I would go 3 on 3 though, till a goal is scored

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I noticed some people are mocking Columbus for celebrating the win as hard as they did.  I think that's dumb.  They have had a tough year with tons of injuries (again).  They have been undermanned all year long.  Yet they just beat the #1 team in the league, and looked pretty good doing it.  How would you feel if your team that's in the basement just beat the league leader?

We are the team everyone else is circling.  We are the team to beat.  Very few have succeeded.  Everyone knows they have to put their best foot forward against us.  This is all a good thing.

I'm not mocking anything, however the Blue Jackets didn't beat the Canucks on an equal basis. Not unless they could have managed away to play on three

hours sleep in a 24 hour period, and flown on a pressurized Airliner twice. It was very easy to have remedied this /  Game will be played two hours late..😬

always happy to tell it like it is..................... 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

Actually my PGTs probably appear shorter by a couple pages since I already put one of the more vocal trolls on ignore.

No more ‘fire Tochet’ nonsense

Fire Patrik Allvin!  He's had enough time as the GM!  Where is the Cup?

🥸

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm not mocking anything, however the Blue Jackets didn't beat the Canucks on an equal basis. Not unless they could have managed away to play on three

hours sleep in a 24 hour period, and flown on a pressurized Airliner twice. It was very easy to have remedied this /  Game will be played two hours late..😬

always happy to tell it like it is..................... 

Excuses excuses excuses.  Coach isn't making those excuses.  Players aren't making those excuses.  These guys have been riding buses and driving to the coldest places on the planet since they were able to stand on skates.  They know how to handle tough weather/schedules.

Hockey players getting stressed over snow?  Come on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Excuses excuses excuses.  Coach isn't making those excuses.  Players aren't making those excuses.  These guys have been riding buses and driving to the coldest places on the planet since they were able to stand on skates.  They know how to handle tough weather/schedules.

The insecurity some people show is unreal. Like we can't admit we just lost a game now? It's just excuse after excuse. I agree, I don't think some snow on the 10 foot walk out of the hotel or a two hour long bus ride is so taxing that they can't play hockey the next day. Or that they need to re-schedule the game later in the day so they can rest. It's not like they were playing outdoors. Lol, too funny.

Edited by Gawdzukes

12 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

No one asking for excuses.But human anatomy has other ideas.

😂

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The insecurity some people show is unreal. Like we can't admit we just lost a game now? It's just excuse after excuse. I agree, I don't think some snow on the 10 foot walk out of the hotel or a two hour long bus ride is so taxing that they can't play hockey the next day. Or that they need to re-schedule the game later in the day so they can rest. It's not like they were playing outdoors. Lol, too funny.

True.We have EP.We dont have AI

Edited by Lemon Face
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

We lost because they were the better team.  That's it.  Tocchet said so.  Miller and the other players said so.  They're not sad.  They're happy with the road trip and they're heading home.

There were some fans before the game complaining about how the weather conditions can cause devastating stress-related injuries.  Like, have they ever met pro hockey players?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Pal; You missed the point altogether. The Canucks would have beat them under normal circumstances ...

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Joe King said:

I agree. Although I don't like to see posters with a opposite view from the majority cave and quit the board, they should be prepared for some negative feed back from a board of die hard fans. Negative or not I do appreciate peoples thoughts, unless it's over the top,and for some posters over the top has different thresholds. 

That’s exactly right. State your view and stand by it. There are “trolls” on the positive side of things too who revel in “I showed you so” or “I predicted this” kind of nonsense too. Just engage respectfully and know when to pull the chute on an argument.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Pal; You missed the point altogether. The Canucks would have beat them under normal circumstances ...

See, that's such a weak excuse.  That's a loser mentality and this team is anything but.

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

We lost because they were the better team.  That's it.  Tocchet said so.  Miller and the other players said so.  They're not sad.  They're happy with the road trip and they're heading home.

There were some fans before the game complaining about how the weather conditions can cause devastating stress-related injuries.  Like, have they ever met pro hockey players?

Exactly. Teams like Buffalo, Pitt, KC, and Miami had some serious stuff to contend with actually playing outdoors. We are talking -18 weather. That's rough. People talking like waiting indoors to fly chartered planes and taking chartered buses is some kind of 3rd world experience that only the toughest people on the planet can endure. That and eating supper at a Thai Express or Panda Asian fast food chain is some kind of death sentence no other pro athlete could fathom, akin to eating grubs and infested rice in some 3rd world jail cell. Don't forget that somehow grown men were not able to figure out how to sleep during the snowstorm, probably because it was super scary. Haha.

Devastating weather stress injuries. 😆 Maybe they'll have to bring in a psychologist to help them get over this traumatic experience. Who has suffered more, war torn countries dominating the news, or the Canucks? :frantic:

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Exactly. Teams like Buffalo, Pitt, KC, and Miami had some serious stuff to contend with actually playing outdoors. We are talking -18 weather. That's rough. People talking like waiting indoors to fly chartered planes and taking chartered buses is some kind of 3rd world experience that only the toughest people on the planet can endure. That and eating supper at a Thai Express or Panda Asian fast food chain is some kind of death sentence no other pro athlete could fathom, akin to eating grubs and infested rice in some 3rd world jail cell. Don't forget that somehow grown men were not able to figure out how to sleep during the snowstorm, probably because it was super scary. Haha.

Devastating weather stress injuries. 😆 Maybe they'll have to bring in a psychologist to help them get over this traumatic experience. Who has suffered more, war torn countries dominating the news, or the Canucks? :frantic:

The Canucks obviously.  How else could we have lost to Johnny Hockey and the King of Rock and Roll?

image.png.48a75da3b71fd3696cfc5033215f1153.png

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

See, that's such a weak excuse.  That's a loser mentality and this team is anything but.

My, my, we go to all extremes to push a point, don't you. I'll stick to the fact the Canucks are a better team then the Jackets when the playing field is equal. 😋

• ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

There were some fans before the game complaining about how the weather conditions can cause devastating stress-related injuries. 

It was both fans and media all parroting the weather, setting up and creating the "weather narrative" to a point of near fantasy over reality. 

If anything the Canucks mostly defied the narrative by leading and keeping the game so close, going to a shootout, despite the fatigue. 

They came up short, got a point, and had a great road trip. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

My, my, we go to all extremes to push a point, don't you. I'll stick to the fact the Canucks are a better team then the Jackets when the playing field is equal. 😋

It’s bait. Just don’t 😀bite. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It was both fans and media all parroting the weather, setting up and creating the "weather narrative" to a point of near fantasy over reality. 

If anything the Canucks mostly defied the narrative by leading and keeping the game so close, going to a shootout, despite the fatigue. 

They came up short, got a point, and had a great road trip. 

Only a complete idiot troll wouldn’t be proud of the club’s road trip. 

7 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Most nights, Canucks are the better team than their opponents.  That is a fact you and I can both enjoy.

It is sad and pathetic when you have to make excuses for the few times they've lost this year.  We have lost to some inferior teams.  Do you honestly think teams like Toronto or St. Louis are actually better than us?  No.  We even lost to Calgary once this season.  But this is sports, man.  Anything can happen and on those nights, they were better.

• Cheers 1