[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

They built some character.    A bus ride!   Thai Express! OMG!   They aren't fighting a war.  Or working in the elements either. 

Truly proud of this team right now.   Said after we lost in St. Louis, and the wet blankets came out in full, and the gloom and doom crowd was making noise, they could still come out with 12 out of a possible 14 points.   11 so was off a little.    We can win with this group, no matter who it is.   They've proved that.     Toughest road trip.   Check that box.    Something they can keep building on.    Maybe we are witnessing something special.    Sure looking that way. 

If they get knocked out in what ever round. And I hope it doesn't happen I’ll view it much like the Oilers first  trip to the cup which was a tough learning experience for them. Only to come back with a vengeance  the following year. I believe if they don’t win it this year they will next year.

Edited by Chon derry
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Jesus. What is wrong with you? We finally have a great season to enjoy and you are shitting all over them. They are aren’t even remotely close to being “mediocre”. We are top 5 and, for some time, THE top team in the NHL for literally most of the season. Quit quoting preseason Drance. Even that negative bozo is now exciting for this team.

If your take is not a fan till they win a Cup then why do you bother wasting your time on these fan boards and watching the games? Playoffs don’t start for a few months bud. You’re buzkill negative attitude stinks. 

lmao I said I’m tired of 10 years of mediocre play (have you forgotten the last 10 years already)? So it will take more than a half season to get me. Nothing’s guaranteed until we win the cup. At this rate are we going to beat the president trophy winning teams records of 2010-2011? That team failed to win the cup so yeah I’ll remain skeptical until we see some results in the playoffs. You know you could just keep scrolling and have a nice hot cup of stfu

10 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

lmao I said I’m tired of 10 years of mediocre play (have you forgotten the last 10 years already)? So it will take more than a half season to get me. Nothing’s guaranteed until we win the cup. At this rate are we going to beat the president trophy winning teams records of 2010-2011? That team failed to win the cup so yeah I’ll remain skeptical until we see some results in the playoffs. You know you could just keep scrolling and have a nice hot cup of stfu

Fair to be a skeptic - it’s your right as a fan. But would you agree this is likely the closest we’ve been since that 2010-2011 run?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

@Bob Long @CanucksJay

Damn, those pesky Oilers are getting close ... 1 point back of LA with a game in hand. Seems more and more likely we may run into the in the playoffs.

Sorry if I got the wrong Jay. thought it was you though ... I know we were discussing the Oilers a month or two back and whether they are a concern to us or if they would make the playoffs. Looks almost like a certainty at this point. We're up by 13 points but they do have 4 games in hand as well. Gotta keep winning as it looks like they're gunning for 2nd in the division at the very least.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Bob Long @CanucksJay

Damn, those pesky Oilers are getting close ... 1 point back of LA with a game in hand. Seems more and more likely we may run into the in the playoffs.

Sorry if I got the wrong Jay. thought it was you though ... I know we were discussing the Oilers a month or two back and whether they are a concern to us or if they would make the playoffs. Looks almost like a certainty at this point. We're up by 13 points but they do have 4 games in hand as well. Gotta keep winning as it looks like they're gunning for 2nd in the division at the very least.

I really like this.... I hope we can beat both Edmonton and Winnipeg in the west playoffs, and Toronto takes care of the east so......

Toronto vs Vancouver for the Stanley Cup! Will never be forgotten that the Canucks are a winning team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Fair to be a skeptic - it’s your right as a fan. But would you agree this is likely the closest we’ve been since that 2010-2011 run?

It's hard not to be skeptical of the Canucks after so many years of mediocrity (or just plain old awfulness) but I'm going to be happy with anything other than a quick first-round exit in the playoffs. Even if they go out in the first round in a hard-fought, close series, that's a good step forward and a learning lesson. Every year, great teams get bumped in the first round, and often it's just a bit of puck luck. Having said that, I expect them to go deeper, and I'm going to enjoy all the playoff action I can get this spring, regardless of the outcome. This is a team with almost ZERO playoff experience in the past decade, and they have to start somewhere.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

Jesus. What is wrong with you? We finally have a great season to enjoy and you are shitting all over them. They are aren’t even remotely close to being “mediocre”. We are top 5 and, for some time, THE top team in the NHL for literally most of the season. Quit quoting preseason Drance. Even that negative bozo is now exciting for this team.

If your take is not a fan till they win a Cup then why do you bother wasting your time on these fan boards and watching the games? Playoffs don’t start for a few months bud. You’re buzkill negative attitude stinks. 

I completely agree. It's totally asinine. 

People like this are either absolute trolls, or it's a true reflection of the type of person they really are. 

I couldn't last a minute hanging with some peon punk like that. And haven't. 

I've met these types in bars and told them to take a flying leap. Funny how ironic it is. These kinds end up sitting the rest of the night by themselves because nobody can stand listening to their crap. Their so desperate for people's attention, but when they chew your ear off with their garbage, no one will give them the time of day. 

How to win friends and influence people! Haha! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I completely agree. It's totally asinine. 

People like this are either absolute trolls, or it's a true reflection of the type of person they really are. 

I couldn't last a minute hanging with some peon punk like that. And haven't. 

I've met these types in bars and told them to take a flying leap. Funny how ironic it is. These kinds end up sitting the rest of the night by themselves because nobody can stand listening to their crap. Their so desperate for people's attention, but when they chew your ear off with their garbage, no one will give them the time of day. 

How to win friends and influence people! Haha! 

Boo hoo cry me a river! You sound like a child. I’m skeptical about the Canucks having Mikheyev Sutr Kuzmenko as their 2nd line. They’re a third line on most cup winning teams. I’m just being realistic on how long we plan to rely on Boeser Miller Petey. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize our scoring really only came from 1 line since they’ve been put together. At least 80% of our offence has been driven by that one line. Sure they won but if this teams wants to be a contender - not a playoff team - then we need an upgrade on that second line. I’d say our second line was better during those president trophy teams and they fell short too. 

• Haha 3

Just now, CanuckMan said:

Boo hoo cry me a river! You sound like a child. I’m skeptical about the Canucks having Mikheyev Sutr Kuzmenko as their 2nd line. They’re a third line on most cup winning teams. I’m just being realistic on how long we plan to rely on Boeser Miller Petey. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize our scoring really only came from 1 line since they’ve been put together. At least 80% of our offence has been driven by that one line. Sure they won but if this teams wants to be a contender - not a playoff team - then we need an upgrade on that second line. I’d say our second line was better during those president trophy teams and they fell short too. 

Go cry your own river. 

Enjoy the ride!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I really like this.... I hope we can beat both Edmonton and Winnipeg in the west playoffs, and Toronto takes care of the east so......

Toronto vs Vancouver for the Stanley Cup! Will never be forgotten that the Canucks are a winning team.

All Canadian Final would be awesome. Not sure Bettman would agree but it would get a lot of followers here. 

Would be nice to beat an American team too and have all of Canada cheering for us.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

All Canadian Final would be awesome. Not sure Bettman would agree but it would get a lot of followers here. 

Would be nice to beat an American team too and have all of Canada cheering for us.

That didnt happen with Boston..... I think Toronto is the best final imaginable.

The thing is Calgary could right its boat and get in the western mix too.... I am just looking forward to all of it. Burn LA. Burn Vegas. Burn the Avs.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I agree that our current “second line” is playing like a third line. I don’t think many here would argue against that. If those guys can click and hit their potential then I don’t see a need to upgrade. As of now, I’m not opposed to changes to try get that line producing. Speaking freely - they’re kind of the one line that’s not currently going. 

Which brings me to my next point. I disagree on our overall reliance on the re-formed lotto line. Yes, they’ve carried the load lately, but before that they were slumping and our depth carried the day. We’re also getting excellent production from our defence. 

The best part of this all is that I think our team can compete with the best of them as it is. But, I also trust this management group is looking to improve anywhere they can. And the track record shows they’re willing to be aggressive to address needs. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I agree that our current “second line” is playing like a third line. I don’t think many here would argue against that. If those guys can click and hit their potential then I don’t see a need to upgrade. As of now, I’m not opposed to changes to try get that line producing. Speaking freely - they’re kind of the one line that’s not currently going. 

Which brings me to my next point. I disagree on our overall reliance on the re-formed lotto line. Yes, they’ve carried the load lately, but before that they were slumping and our depth carried the day. We’re also getting excellent production from our defence. 

The best part of this all is that I think our team can compete with the best of them as it is. But, I also trust this management group is looking to improve anywhere they can. And the track record shows they’re willing to be aggressive to address needs. 

I feel petey got re-charged playing on the lotto line. When he gets re-united with Mik and Kuz I think you will see the chemistry explode again. 

Another option is to let Petey center with Brock and Hogz, and put JT with Kuz and Mik for a bit. 

JT Miller can fix anyone.