[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Bob Long @CanucksJay

Damn, those pesky Oilers are getting close ... 1 point back of LA with a game in hand. Seems more and more likely we may run into the in the playoffs.

Sorry if I got the wrong Jay. thought it was you though ... I know we were discussing the Oilers a month or two back and whether they are a concern to us or if they would make the playoffs. Looks almost like a certainty at this point. We're up by 13 points but they do have 4 games in hand as well. Gotta keep winning as it looks like they're gunning for 2nd in the division at the very least.

McBaby is due for a fall back soon enough. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

I really like this.... I hope we can beat both Edmonton and Winnipeg in the west playoffs, and Toronto takes care of the east so......

Toronto vs Vancouver for the Stanley Cup! Will never be forgotten that the Canucks are a winning team.

Aside from Winnipeg, the Canucks would hand both Edmonton and Toronto their asses in a seven-game series. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

lmao I said I’m tired of 10 years of mediocre play (have you forgotten the last 10 years already)? So it will take more than a half season to get me. Nothing’s guaranteed until we win the cup. At this rate are we going to beat the president trophy winning teams records of 2010-2011? That team failed to win the cup so yeah I’ll remain skeptical until we see some results in the playoffs. You know you could just keep scrolling and have a nice hot cup of stfu

The team cites the need for a short memory. I'm all for that. 

But really, skeptical until they hoist the cup? There's no way to celebrate it if you didn't get there with them. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Aside from Winnipeg, the Canucks would hand both Edmonton and Toronto their asses in a seven-game series. 

Myers knows all Hellebucks little habitual things... we can get him off his game for sure. Once you beat him he is never the same. We get them 3 times at the end of regular season!

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

That didnt happen with Boston..... I think Toronto is the best final imaginable.

The thing is Calgary could right its boat and get in the western mix too.... I am just looking forward to all of it. Burn LA. Burn Vegas. Burn the Avs.

That is true but I think it's been so long now since a Canadian team won that the whole country would get behind it. I'd probably cheer for any Canadian team in the final except maybe Toronto. Don't think I can get there. 😆 Calgary definitely not out of it, and Seattle is coming on super strong. Top 5 Pacific teams are all a threat.

Agree beating Toronto in the final would be golden. Set for life. Not happening though, Toronto has the same problems they've always had. Not built for the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

That is true but I think it's been so long now since a Canadian team won that the whole country would get behind it. I'd probably cheer for any Canadian team in the final except maybe Toronto. Don't think I can get there. 😆 Calgary definitely not out of it, and Seattle is coming on super strong. Top 5 Pacific teams are all a threat.

not me, I don't give a flying fig about any other team in Canada winning a cup. If its not us, I don't care. 

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Agree beating Toronto in the final would be golden. Set for life. Not happening though, Toronto has the same problems they've always had. Not built for the playoffs.

Nope, we'd be game managed into oblivion. Miller would get 10 minutes for scowling at Marner. 

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

McBaby is due for a fall back soon enough. 

You really don't like him hey? Most people here don't (of course) but I admire your commitment lol. He's a good player. I'll give him that but he hasn't exactly got that Sidney Crosby character marketability. You have to respect the talent level though. They should be streaky enough to get in but we'll see if they run into the same problems as always. They're not exactly in a good position to make upgrades either ... same as us but I trust our management, pro scouting and identification way more.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You really don't like him hey? Most people here don't (of course) but I admire your commitment lol. He's a good player. I'll give him that but he hasn't exactly got that Sidney Crosby character marketability. You have to respect the talent level though. They should be streaky enough to get in but we'll see if they run into the same problems as always. They're not exactly in a good position to make upgrades either ... same as us but I trust our management, pro scouting and identification way more.

nope, he's a big whiner. Its embarrassing. Sid was a whiner too early on but he snapped out of it to be a real leader. 

McBaby is amazing offensively. He's meh defensively. Oh look, he back checked! wooo!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I couldn't cheer for the Leafs and Oilers. Fuck them

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Absolutely love how much Tocchet is dialed in and how focused he is on doing what it takes. We're so fortunate to have this management and coaching staff. These guys are winners ... unlike the naysayers! 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

McDavid is a fantastic player. No doubt about it. 

But speaking for myself, and probably many others here, I can't stand the Oilers. 

Having said that, McD isn't a complete player. 

Even our own JT plays a much harder game than he'll ever have. As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather have a player like JT than McD when push comes to shove. Right? 

Crosby is a much more complete player throughout his career. And at this stage of McD's career, there's no comparison between the two. 

Sid leads and wins championships.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

I feel petey got re-charged playing on the lotto line. When he gets re-united with Mik and Kuz I think you will see the chemistry explode again. 

Another option is to let Petey center with Brock and Hogz, and put JT with Kuz and Mik for a bit. 

JT Miller can fix anyone.

I am all for trying both those scenarios and I agree 100%

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

nope, he's a big whiner. Its embarrassing. Sid was a whiner too early on but he snapped out of it to be a real leader. 

McBaby is amazing offensively. He's meh defensively. Oh look, he back checked! wooo!

Yeah Sidney was very whiny too in the beginning. He always did have marketability though and said the right things with Team Canada and upon entering the league. I don't think McDoofy ever gets there. He just looks like an adolescent d-bag through and through.

Concerning his defence he's actually a lot better then a lot of people give him credit for. When he's playing to win he backchecks with 100% effort and that speed makes him very effective at it.

It's too bad that game management thing is such a big deal for you. It must limit your enjoyment for the game quite a bit.

• Cheers 1

After listening to both the Captain and the coach, it hard to think we wouldn't truly go for it this year and that's damn good considering our recent past.

Even with Seattle in the league now, we still have the most difficult travel schedule.  There's a whole different feel to this team that I, for one, haven't

felt since 2011 and 1994. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah Sidney was very whiny too in the beginning. He always did have marketability though and said the right things with Team Canada and upon entering the league. I don't think McDoofy ever gets there. He just looks like an adolescent d-bag through and through.

Concerning his defence he's actually a lot better then a lot of people give him credit for. When he's playing to win he backchecks with 100% effort and that speed makes him very effective at it.

I guess I haven't watched enough games. 

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's too bad that game management thing is such a big deal for you. It must limit your enjoyment for the game quite a bit.

it is what it is. I wouldn't say it ruins anything, its just there. Like Ron MacLean. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I couldn't cheer for the Leafs and Oilers. Fuck them

Totally understandable. I get it and respect it. I personally really don't care about the Oilers or Flames at all. Back when they were good we were so terrible there wasn't even much rivalry to build the hate on. I actually like Ottawa and Winnipeg. I would also love it if the Nordiques came back.

I remember back in the day when the Oilers went to the finals and lost to Carolina in 2006. I was totally cheering for them as it was already 13 years since Canada had won a Cup. Now we're at 31 years since Lord Stanley has been won North of the 49th.

I still hate Toronto for just being an all around sh!t franchise though. Man did they ever have some horrible periods, including the worst hockey decisions ever when the MLSE group was in charge, to a huge handful of losers refusing to waive their no trade clauses because they would rather finish out of the playoffs with the Leafs, then play for a Cup.

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I guess I haven't watched enough games. 

it is what it is. I wouldn't say it ruins anything, its just there. Like Ron MacLean. 

I've had lots of experience playing competitively so I also had to come to terms with the game management portion of the game. After a lot of internal struggles I've come to respect it's an integral part of the game, both good and bad it's a big part of the sport. As a competitor I now embrace the opportunity to work within the confines of the system rather than let it become a negative deterrent, and something to be overcome.

As far as McDoofus I noticed a lot of people saying his defence was bad because it was an easy way to hate on him, so I started watching that aspect. I think if you watch more closely you'll find he's not nearly as bad as you think, not that it matters. If you like not liking him it's probably funner that way. 😉

20 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Totally understandable. I get it and respect it. I personally really don't care about the Oilers or Flames at all. Back when they were good we were so terrible there wasn't even much rivalry to build the hate on. I actually like Ottawa and Winnipeg. I would also love it if the Nordiques came back.

I remember back in the day when the Oilers went to the finals and lost to Carolina in 2006. I was totally cheering for them as it was already 13 years since Canada had won a Cup. Now we're at 31 years since Lord Stanley has been won North of the 49th.

I still hate Toronto for just being an all around sh!t franchise though. Man did they ever have some horrible periods, including the worst hockey decisions ever when the MLSE group was in charge, to a huge handful of losers refusing to waive their no trade clauses because they would rather finish out of the playoffs with the Leafs, then play for a Cup.

I'd rather have the Flames in the playoffs over the Oilers. I just hate the Oilers and McDavid. He's a really great player, but I just find him to be a big douche and a huge whiner and crybaby. Draisaitl too. Yeah, I wish Calgary would be better so that the rivalry could be ignited again (pun not intended). Loved watching us in the playoffs against them. Yeah, I'm good with the Sens and Jets. Doubt that the Nordiques come back with Buttman in charge. 

I wasn't cheering for the Oilers. I did cheer for Flames against Tampa Bay. But this is the year that the Canucks win the Cup!

I live in Toronto now and going to a bar in Toronto for the Canucks game on Saturday. I'm excited. So far when I've worn my Canucks gear no one has said anything. Actually, I've gotten compliments for wearing the Skate logo more than anything. 

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

After listening to both the Captain and the coach, it hard to think we wouldn't truly go for it this year and that's damn good considering our recent past.

Even with Seattle in the league now, we still have the most difficult travel schedule.  There's a whole different feel to this team that I, for one, haven't

felt since 2011 and 1994. 

If we ever get more teams that focus on expansion, for example, Portland or maybe Victoria or Kelowna, we can talk about that in 10-20 years when the population continue to grow and I think Kelowna is the fastest growing city in Canada and we might see even both in 20 years.  Tough travel will be a thing of the past once that happens.  All we need is 15,000 season ticket commitment with 4,000-5,000 walk-for every game then it will become reality.  Quebec has a ready made arena and is having difficult to win the NHL's heart via the relocation or an expansion team as they continue to fight off the common sense with Arizona situation in like they are too stubborn to move the team.  It might not happen until Bettman is gone.

• Upvote 1