[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

3 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Boo hoo cry me a river! You sound like a child. I’m skeptical about the Canucks having Mikheyev Sutr Kuzmenko as their 2nd line. They’re a third line on most cup winning teams. I’m just being realistic on how long we plan to rely on Boeser Miller Petey. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize our scoring really only came from 1 line since they’ve been put together. At least 80% of our offence has been driven by that one line. Sure they won but if this teams wants to be a contender - not a playoff team - then we need an upgrade on that second line. I’d say our second line was better during those president trophy teams and they fell short too. 

Dude,

the lotto line just got put together. We’ve been winning all season. To say 80 % of our offence is driven by that line is pretty short sighted.

There is a very good chance it gets split up down the road to spread things out better.

The kuz, mik, and sutr line would never be a third line on any cup winning team period. You’re right it’s not a great line but they ain’t a third line period. They are an under performing 2nd line. One that can honestly be fixed fairly easily imo.

I understand your mistrust in our season. We’ve all been thru it. But with all the moves made to support this team I think some respect is deserved on what they’ve accomplished so far this season. There is nothing wrong to enjoy that.

I think we can all agree the current management group is going to make another solid addition before trade dead line to ease your worries, because you are right there are still challenges ahead. But I got faith it will be dealt with in a correct manner to keep us competitive and pushing hard for a deep playoff run. Just look at the Zadorov addition after we started faltering in November as a prime example.

It’s been so dark and shitty for 10 years. Can you blame anyone for feeling this way? Lets just enjoy the ride…I guess is what i’m sayin lol.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I'd rather have the Flames in the playoffs over the Oilers. I just hate the Oilers and McDavid. He's a really great player, but I just find him to be a big douche and a huge whiner and crybaby. Draisaitl too. Yeah, I wish Calgary would be better so that the rivalry could be ignited again (pun not intended). Loved watching us in the playoffs against them. Yeah, I'm good with the Sens and Jets. Doubt that the Nordiques come back with Buttman in charge. 

I wasn't cheering for the Oilers. I did cheer for Flames against Tampa Bay. But this is the year that the Canucks win the Cup!

I live in Toronto now and going to a bar in Toronto for the Canucks game on Saturday. I'm excited. So far when I've worn my Canucks gear no one has said anything. Actually, I've gotten compliments for wearing the Skate logo more than anything. 

Oh yeah ... were you the one that started the thread about watching at a bar in Toronto? Did you pick a place?

I hope you have a blast, we win 10-0, and you don't get any hassle. Maybe 4-2 would be better ,,, Leafs fans definitely be mad if we blast them a new one. 😁

I find McDavid to be douchey too but they're definitely a handful at their best if we have to play them. I'm pretty sure we'll all be hating whomever we play in the playoffs by the end of the series.

Cheers!

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

lmao I said I’m tired of 10 years of mediocre play (have you forgotten the last 10 years already)? So it will take more than a half season to get me. Nothing’s guaranteed until we win the cup. At this rate are we going to beat the president trophy winning teams records of 2010-2011? That team failed to win the cup so yeah I’ll remain skeptical until we see some results in the playoffs. You know you could just keep scrolling and have a nice hot cup of stfu

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

or 

debbie downer GIF

or both

hmmm GIF

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh yeah ... were you the one that started the thread about watching at a bar in Toronto? Did you pick a place?

I hope you have a blast, we win 10-0, and you don't get any hassle. Maybe 4-2 would be better ,,, Leafs fans definitely be mad if we blast them a new one. 😁

I find McDavid to be douchey too but they're definitely a handful at their best if we have to play them. I'm pretty sure we'll all be hating whomever we play in the playoffs by the end of the series.

Cheers!

Yup, chose Crown and Dragon since Loose Moose doesn't take reservations and have to be there at 5 to get a table. I also called The Score on King since it's a Canucks bar, but they don't take resos either. Gonna go small this season and then go big next season with Loose Moose. Also, Crown and Dragon is 5 mins away from my place and cheaper. 

As long as Canucks win I'm happy and I'll try not to rub it in their faces that much, lol. I think CaD being a small bar I'll be fine. I just want the experience though.

True, I'll hate any team we play against in the playoffs, but I'd love to see a Canucks Flames round 1. 

Cheers!

Edited by Bure10Kuzmenko96
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Cheers!

Or Canucks Kraken round 1

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yup, chose Crown and Dragon since Loose Moose doesn't take reservations and have to be there at 5 to get a table. I also called The Score on King since it's a Canucks bar, but they don't take resos either. Gonna go small this season and then go big next season with Loose Moose. Also, Crown and Dragon is 5 mins away from my place and cheaper. 

As long as Canucks win I'm happy and I'll try not to rub it in their faces that much, lol. I think CaD being a small bar I'll be fine. I just want the experience though.

True, I'll hate any team we play against in the playoffs, but I'd love to see a Canucks Flames round 1. 

Cheers!

Great idea. Always nice to be close to home after a night out. So much easier than cabbing around. Also economical is always good too. Starting small is smart. This way you'll be able to see what works and what could be better and then do it up in grand fashion next year!

Enjoy the night my friend!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Great idea. Always nice to be close to home after a night out. So much easier than cabbing around. Also economical is always good too. Starting small is smart. This way you'll be able to see what works and what could be better and then do it up in grand fashion next year!

Enjoy the night my friend!

Yeah, I'll be doing some pre-drinking so it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to drink at the pub and it'll be good. 

Are you in Ontario?

Thank you. You as well I know that you mean for Saturday

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Cheers!

You should go watch the game at the Brass Rail! (half kidding!) Haha! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Just listen to our captain, everyone.  He's just as surly as before.  He isn't happy the team didn't get all 14 points.  He's not making excuses about weather or food or any of that shit.  He knows the team could've won every single game (he believes in his teammates), and knows they have work to do in the second half of the season.

That's not weakness.  That's hunger.

Hughes is totally opposite to Fat Wallet, who was the Elephant of excuses. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hughes is totally opposite to Fat Wallet, who was the Elephant of excuses. 

I have seen enough fans here making pathetic excuses about the Canucks' few losses.  They are either too ignorant or too arrogant to accept that in an 82-game schedule, there are nights when the other team outplays them.  That's what sports is.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

I have seen enough fans here making pathetic excuses about the Canucks' few losses.  They are either too ignorant or too arrogant to accept that in an 82-game schedule, there are nights when the other team outplays them.  That's what sports is.

Big difference between fans and players. Fat Wallet was the elephant of excuses. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Big difference between fans and players. Fat Wallet was the elephant of excuses. 

He is long gone but the fan excuses are still here.  They're even worse because they can't take the few losses we've had with any kind of dignity.

The Canucks lost last game.  No excuses or whining - just move on and be better the next game.  That's all we're hearing out of the players' mouths, but obviously some of the fans here have different ideas about what happened.

6 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Bob Long @CanucksJay

Damn, those pesky Oilers are getting close ... 1 point back of LA with a game in hand. Seems more and more likely we may run into the in the playoffs.

Sorry if I got the wrong Jay. thought it was you though ... I know we were discussing the Oilers a month or two back and whether they are a concern to us or if they would make the playoffs. Looks almost like a certainty at this point. We're up by 13 points but they do have 4 games in hand as well. Gotta keep winning as it looks like they're gunning for 2nd in the division at the very least.

I look at like... Winni, Van, Edm, Vegas or L.A. will be top four in conference.  So we won't play any of these teams 1st round... I'm only really worried about the Jets. 

Edmonton... I have to admit, is playing a structured game.  Never seen them be this disciplined.  They're letting the game come to them...

BUT ultimately, in a 7 game series their D and goaltending can be exploited.  

So I'm happy that we're given a round before facing these teams.  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

He is long gone but the fan excuses are still here.  They're even worse because they can't take the few losses we've had with any kind of dignity.

The Canucks lost last game.  No excuses or whining - just move on and be better the next game.  That's all we're hearing out of the players' mouths, but obviously some of the fans here have different ideas about what happened.

Our players no longer have the Elephant of excuses as they’re captain. 
Fans will, of course make excuses for the club. That’s what true fans do. And, of course, fans aren’t the players. 
Now bow 🙇‍♀️ and kneel to the Empties for your transgressions of belief. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I'd love to know your experience. I'll sign an NDA if needed 😄

I grew up watching some amazing players in a much tougher time in the NHL. I think about guys like Bure and how tough he had to be to perform. Or a guy like Ohlund who I had the pleasure of meeting and what he did to his body. And then I watch McDavid complain about a shirt tug, and it rubs me the wrong way.

Oh yeah. I don't have any like of him at all either and he bugs me too. Even just his mannerisms, but I respect that he's a pretty awesomely skilled player. The most complete, no, but he's also getting better. Guys with that much skill and determination usually do. I'll shoot you a message on the rest so we don't derail the thread.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Bob Long @CanucksJay

Damn, those pesky Oilers are getting close ... 1 point back of LA with a game in hand. Seems more and more likely we may run into the in the playoffs.

Sorry if I got the wrong Jay. thought it was you though ... I know we were discussing the Oilers a month or two back and whether they are a concern to us or if they would make the playoffs. Looks almost like a certainty at this point. We're up by 13 points but they do have 4 games in hand as well. Gotta keep winning as it looks like they're gunning for 2nd in the division at the very least.

18 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I look at like... Winni, Van, Edm, Vegas or L.A. will be top four in conference.  So we won't play any of these teams 1st round... I'm only really worried about the Jets. 

Edmonton... I have to admit, is playing a structured game.  Never seen them be this disciplined.  They're letting the game come to them...

BUT ultimately, in a 7 game series their D and goaltending can be exploited.  

So I'm happy that we're given a round before facing these teams.  

Post image

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Tusk said:

Myers knows all Hellebucks little habitual things... we can get him off his game for sure. Once you beat him he is never the same. We get them 3 times at the end of regular season!

Let Myer's crash the net on the forecheck and say hello-buck

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Just listen to our captain, everyone.  He's just as surly as before.  He isn't happy the team didn't get all 14 points.  He's not making excuses about weather or food or any of that shit.  He knows the team could've won every single game (he believes in his teammates), and knows they have work to do in the second half of the season.

That's not weakness.  That's hunger.

I think Bo would have been really satisfied with that road trip. And it was an excellent trip, but not the absolute best trip. That’s seems to be the difference with Hughes. He has that ultimate drive to be the very best. It’s awesome. 

• Like 1