[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Oils won't catch Nux.  No worries at all. 

Maybe not, but we'd be fooling ourselves if we thought it was impossible. It just might be that they have finally put things together and are on some kind of mission from God. When they are hitting on all cylinders, they are a tough team to stop.

26 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Maybe not, but we'd be fooling ourselves if we thought it was impossible. It just might be that they have finally put things together and are on some kind of mission from God. When they are hitting on all cylinders, they are a tough team to stop.

Most overrated team.  They are not winning any cups. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Bob Long @CanucksJay

Damn, those pesky Oilers are getting close ... 1 point back of LA with a game in hand. Seems more and more likely we may run into the in the playoffs.

Sorry if I got the wrong Jay. thought it was you though ... I know we were discussing the Oilers a month or two back and whether they are a concern to us or if they would make the playoffs. Looks almost like a certainty at this point. We're up by 13 points but they do have 4 games in hand as well. Gotta keep winning as it looks like they're gunning for 2nd in the division at the very least.

Lol screw those guys. 

But wow yes they did turn it on. 

I didn't think they had it in them. 

My hate probably blurred vision lol

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

Chances are, you wouldn't watch much of the game! Haha! 

It's the Leafs so really there would be boobs everywhere you look.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Oils won't catch Nux.  No worries at all. 

😲 :frantic:  😁

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Lol, still 40 games of hockey left to play. We should be safe but really this is oe of those types of things that come back to haunt you. I don't care if we fans say it but that's a bad point of view to take as a player. Hopefully they're not that cocky. I know as a lifelong Nucks fan I'm certainly not.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Just listen to our captain, everyone.  He's just as surly as before.  He isn't happy the team didn't get all 14 points.  He's not making excuses about weather or food or any of that shit.  He knows the team could've won every single game (he believes in his teammates), and knows they have work to do in the second half of the season.

That's not weakness.  That's hunger.

He's not playing weak west coast message board hockey.

He's embracing the uncomfortable, doing what it takes to win, not satisfied, knowing there's more to be done and not being complacent. 

That's the captain we need. He's hungry. He wants to win!

• Huggy Bear 3

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

No worries mate, we have another game against them to put them on a 10 game loser streak again

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah Sidney was very whiny too in the beginning. He always did have marketability though and said the right things with Team Canada and upon entering the league. I don't think McDoofy ever gets there. He just looks like an adolescent d-bag through and through.

Concerning his defence he's actually a lot better then a lot of people give him credit for. When he's playing to win he backchecks with 100% effort and that speed makes him very effective at it.

It's too bad that game management thing is such a big deal for you. It must limit your enjoyment for the game quite a bit.

Crosby dialed it in pretty quick.   And was a completely different player than Ovi.   Ovi would score a goal in a nothing regular season game, and celebrate like he'd just won the Cup or a Gold Medal.   All the time too (because well he scored a lot!).   Grandfather or regular cellie's really.     Crosby scored and immediately took his mouth piece out and went to whomever passed the puck or made the play or the first guy there had a modest little huddle, a stick tap to the leg, maybe a pat or two and back to business.   At one point he even called Ovi out on this which was funny.   Crosby living with Mario helped too.   Learned how to be a top pro quickly. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Crosby dialed it in pretty quick.   And was a completely different player than Ovi.   Ovi would score a goal in a nothing regular season game, and celebrate like he'd just won the Cup or a Gold Medal.   All the time too (because well he scored a lot!).   Grandfather or regular cellie's really.     Crosby scored and immediately took his mouth piece out and went to whomever passed the puck or made the play or the first guy there had a modest little huddle, a stick tap to the leg, maybe a pat or two and back to business.   At one point he even called Ovi out on this which was funny.   Crosby living with Mario helped too.   Learned how to be a top pro quickly. 

Yeah. Ovi was silly. I remember him wanting his teammates to come around and 'warm their hands' on his stick that was 'on fire' lying on the ice after one of his goals.

Jagr used to be dumb too, his 'salute' days were cringe.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

17 hours ago, Inkidu said:

The team cites the need for a short memory. I'm all for that. 

But really, skeptical until they hoist the cup? There's no way to celebrate it if you didn't get there with them. 

If I didn’t get there with them? Lol 

I follow this team religiously. I just think there’s room for improvement and rather see those changes happen now while there’s time and not in the playoffs when it’s too late to make any changes. I celebrate wins just as much as the next person but my vision isn’t so jaded that I ignore the flaws in our game. Seems like most people are just content with the win, not how we get there. Most people would be content with the Canucks just making the playoffs. I’d be happy if they made some damage when they get there.

15 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Dude,

the lotto line just got put together. We’ve been winning all season. To say 80 % of our offence is driven by that line is pretty short sighted.

There is a very good chance it gets split up down the road to spread things out better.

The kuz, mik, and sutr line would never be a third line on any cup winning team period. You’re right it’s not a great line but they ain’t a third line period. They are an under performing 2nd line. One that can honestly be fixed fairly easily imo.

I understand your mistrust in our season. We’ve all been thru it. But with all the moves made to support this team I think some respect is deserved on what they’ve accomplished so far this season. There is nothing wrong to enjoy that.

I think we can all agree the current management group is going to make another solid addition before trade dead line to ease your worries, because you are right there are still challenges ahead. But I got faith it will be dealt with in a correct manner to keep us competitive and pushing hard for a deep playoff run. Just look at the Zadorov addition after we started faltering in November as a prime example.

It’s been so dark and shitty for 10 years. Can you blame anyone for feeling this way? Lets just enjoy the ride…I guess is what i’m sayin lol.

Cheers

Dude,

our offence was drying up until they got put together - hence why they were put together in the first place. Petterson, our elite all star was struggling to put up points with Mikheyev and Kuzmenko. That just goes to show those 2 are not 2nd line calibre players and 3rd line players on a cup contending team. I’m not trying to knock down their success so far in the season. I’m as happy as the next person. I just think we shouldn’t ignore flaws in our game/line up just because we’re putting up the wins. I just want the team to do some damage when we get there. Other teams that do well in the regular season but flop in the playoffs: Oilers, maple leafs, Winnipeg. 
This team needs an upgrade in the top 6. Too many third liners making 2nd line money (Mikheyev, kuzmenko, garland).