[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

Believe it or not I had a bad feeling about tonight‘s game after I heard they all ate at panda express… 

terrible food…

They shoulda got massive steaks - all that iron would’ve pushed them over the top… 

instead Canucks be like…

Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land

Long trip, rough travel, a blizzard. Still ended the trip 5-1-1 and tops in the division by a wide margin. I don't really care that they lost, they earned the run way to lose a few here and there.

Man it feels good to be in such a solid playoff position that a loss doesn't matter.

Honestly, I thought the Canucks would lose in regulation, after that tough travel, stranded in Buffalo, airport food, lack of rest and after a 6-game road trip behind them. But they played well, considering. Unfortunate they lost in the shootout, but I'm pretty happy they got a point.  5-1-1 on this really tough road trip is still very good. The schedule should be pretty good from here.

Speaking of shootouts, why are the Canucks so bad at them? So many skilled players and no one can score on a breakaway? And Kuzmenko, he had a shot to show what he could do one-on-one. Disappointing. 

Ah well, two days off. Get back to winning on Thursday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Casey DeSmith played a hell of a game for us this morning. We can thank him for letting us salvage that point. One of the most solid and likeable backup goaltenders I’ve ever seen. No letdown of momentum on nights off for Demko is a big reason for our continued success this year. 

Excellent point and post. He's a major difference for us in key points. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1