[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

Meanwhile in Buffalo ... this must be some kinda record for the amount of snow and a football game is still going on ... +1 for the Canucks making it out of Buffalo to even play the Overcoats ... the dad is doubling as a snow plow trying to get to their seats.

image.png.5ac15ea1e28f1ef39ef4ee09de22f5b6.png

image.png.165dd7e3a582d5962f32ea7e0133487a.png

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Roger Neilsons Towel changed the title to [PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express
22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

BREAKING NEWS: A parade has spontaneously broken out in downtown Columbus, as Blue Jacket fans are lining the streets after the closely contested victory over the lowly Canucks. This according to the Ohio Intelligencer.

More at 6

and with this win Columbus increases their lead on Anaheim and now sit comfortably in 28th place in the league. Only 12pts out of a wildcard spot. 

Big win for them!

• Haha 4

Maybe having them play tired and on the ropes a bit gave management some insight into how some of these guys can perform in a playoff grind (hopefully a long one).  Cole and Zadorov looked a little off to me.  As others have said its nice knowing they have Juulsen as someone they can trust to fill in without hurting the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Many here (and in large those reporting it) calling this and other shootouts a loss.

Shootout results, in my opinion, despite the points garnered, feel like neither a loss nor a win. As per my habit, the game is turned off once the “me next” showdown shenanigans commence. I suppose this is a really old school take but I make no excuses for that. Game tied after 60 - no loser points for that.  A “valiant effort” point gained today, full stop.

• Cheers 3

I didn't see most of the game, but you could tell they were toast at the end. Uninspired shootout as well. Boys just wanted to go home. Lol. 5-1-1 on the gauntlet though. Very happy with the results. This was one hell of a trip. Especially with how the ended up in CBJ. Didn't they have to bus to Toronto or something stupid? Then play a 10am game.

That was a long road trip. Glad it's finally over. I didn't expect much more from this game with how tired they obviously were. It really showed on our defense tonight with giveaways and poor zone passing.  I was hoping either Brock, Garland or Hoglander would have had a chance in the shoot out. Merzlikins game end celebration showed how badly the Jackets wanted to win this one.

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

Maybe having them play tired and on the ropes a bit gave management some insight into how some of these guys can perform in a playoff grind (hopefully a long one).  Cole and Zadorov looked a little off to me.  As others have said its nice knowing they have Juulsen as someone they can trust to fill in without hurting the team.

Yepp, Zadorov def looked off.