[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

11 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I figured it out when I was trying to see how they were getting out of Buffalo. Anyways, it showed up in Toronto before we got the news. And flight booked to Columbus.... then i looked at the history of that flight number and it was vancouver/st.louis to NY, then to pittsburg then to Buffalo ha ha ha

That’s some serious sleuthing! Bravo

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

Crazy thought. Next time the boys end up in a shootout, put Hronek out there, and tell him just skate straight done and hammer one from between the dots.

I keep waiting for someone to rip a slapper on a shootout. I think guys are too afraid to miss and then get call out for not taking it seriously or something.

But yes, that would be awesome!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I keep waiting for someone to rip a slapper on a shootout. I think guys are too afraid to miss and then get call out for not taking it seriously or something.

But yes, that would be awesome!

If Myers and Heronik do it first, the next guy just has to fake a slap and the goalie will close his eyes and duck

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

If Myers and Heronik do it first, the next guy just has to fake a slap and the goalie will close his eyes and duck

I feel like it was someone with the 2010 or 2011 team that last did that. Maybe Bieksa? Can't remember. But they scored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That's not a bad idea. 

Our 3v3 OT play and shootouts are horrendous. Thankfully none of that in the playoffs. 

Must take Miller off the shootout. That slow wide to the boards and resulting weak shot needs to sit on the bench. Petey too, his efforts are weak. Kuz usually good. I'd try Hoglander, and Hughes, also Garland, and even Joshua might be options. Mikheyev too ... I think he would be good at the old Burrows moves(s) if he practiced. Also Boeser maybe deserves a shot and even Lafferty would probably be good. Lol, basically anyone but who we're using lol.

But to be honest they we're acceptably tired. I'll give them all a pass on this one.

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel: Great road trip boys. :towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I figured it out when I was trying to see how they were getting out of Buffalo. Anyways, it showed up in Toronto before we got the news. And flight booked to Columbus.... then i looked at the history of that flight number and it was vancouver/st.louis to NY, then to pittsburg then to Buffalo ha ha ha

That’s some A-1 detective work. 

2 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

yeah but I don't think he will be back anytime soon.

I think he thought that Tocchet wasn't the real deal but Tocchet is either a hockey god or the son of a hockey god what other explanation is there

I thought I seen a couple of posts from admitting he may have been wrong in those earlier posts. I hope he hasn't quit. I always like to see different points of view. Doesn't mean I have agree with them.

• Like 1

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/news/canucks-have-longest-homestand-road-trip-in-nhl-next-season#:~:text=Canucks have longest homestand %26 road trip in NHL next season&text=The Vancouver Canucks 2023-24,also the longest road trip.

Great news is: Vancouver will be home for almost all of March only 3 Pacific Division games prior to the home stand

The Canucks, meanwhile, will be out on the road for seven straight with no holiday break making theirs the longest continuous road trip in the NHL next season. The team starts its journey in St. Louis on January 4th then ventures to New Jersey, both New York teams, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and the trip concludes in Columbus on January 15th.

The Canucks nine-game homestand from March 9th to 31st is the only time any team in the NHL will play that many straight on home ice next season. It is the longest single stretch of games at Rogers Arena since the building opened in 1995 and matches the club's second-longest homestand from the 1974-75 season. The team record is 10 straight on home ice from January 13th to February 3rd of 1982. The Canucks went 4-3-3 over that span.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

One none empty net goal in the road trip is a tad concerning though. I get 3 of those games the team was in the driver seat but the last 3 they should have scored a few goals. 

Remember 12 months ago?.... just wondering.

Woohoo I said. Got off early, in time to sit and watch the Canucks game while kids at school  I said. 
Get home and cable hanging off side of garage door. By the time got that fixed and retentioned, kids home and 1 minute left in OT. 
So got to watch a very very uninteresting shootout while waiting for knuckles to stop bleeding. 

Man, we're really getting dinked around with these time zone games..I didn't mind this one, all respect but yeah you know, The Maple Leafs are the best team in the world so no matter what you have to play at home @ 4..Eff the locals that have jobs!

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Our 3v3 OT play and shootouts are horrendous. Thankfully none of that in the playoffs. 

Must take Miller off the shootout. That slow wide to the boards and resulting weak shot needs to sit on the bench. Petey too, his efforts are weak. Kuz usually good. I'd try Hoglander, and Hughes, also Garland, and even Joshua might be options. Mikheyev too ... I think he would be good at the old Burrows moves(s) if he practiced. Also Boeser maybe deserves a shot and even Lafferty would probably be good. Lol, basically anyone but who we're using lol.

But to be honest they we're acceptably tired. I'll give them all a pass on this one.

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel: Great road trip boys. :towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

Yeah, I was wondering if we'd get possession at 3v3 until those penalties opened things up 

Miller does that wide skate every time. It's useless. 

But ... you know what they say ...

That seemingly canned response everyone loves to use ... that feverishly overused saying around here ...

"To be fair" ...

Well ...

In not being unfair ... and ... in all fairness ... because it's seemingly important to be fair ...

They were gassed. It really was a great road trip. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2