[PGT] Canucks at Bluejackets: Escape from Buffalo aka Revenge of Panda Express

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

It feels so much better to be in the positive side of these kinds of calculations. Wasn’t but the first 1/3 mark of last season where we knew we were all but eliminated barring a miracle.

Yep, it was when we couldn’t even get to .500 by the 20 game mark.  It is amazing how few teams that are under that level or aren’t in the playoff picture by American Thanksgiving make it by the end of the season, if you are more than 4 points out by that holiday your chances are really low of making the playoffs.

All the major odds sites have us at over 99% now.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Joe King said:

I thought I seen a couple of posts from admitting he may have been wrong in those earlier posts. I hope he hasn't quit. I always like to see different points of view. Doesn't mean I have agree with them.

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I love how long it took people to figure this out 🍿

Right now I don't think any opposing view would hold water. This road trip was a statement or maybe a turning point, that is still being worked out. What ever it was people want to believe that the Canucks have already earned something. But I did talk to the guy that you referred to and he did tell me that he has gone into hibernation until the playoffs. He told me that people senses might come back if they lose the first 2 game of the first series. But for now he says like the rest of the fans he is going to rid the high of winning and he might pop his head out come the first round. I told him if we win the first series he should just stay where he is and he agreed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep, it was when we couldn’t even get to .500 by the 20 game mark.  It is amazing how few teams that are under that level or aren’t in the playoff picture by American Thanksgiving make it by the end of the season, if you are more than 4 points out by that holiday your chances are really low of making the playoffs.

All the major odds sites have us at over 99% now.

No buddy, you do not get to pretend that you didn't cheerlead for the Canucks losing the last 3 seasons.

You were the worst kind of  phony fan.  You  made a mockery of anyone who thought we still  had a chance. You were awful.

Three years you gleefully posted how the Canucks were out of it early.

Nope.  You don't get to pretend to  be a fan now. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

You could see in the last two games that the road trip has taken its toll. Miller's blatant giveaways in front of his own net, for example, were unheard of so far this season.

It was also noticeable that not much came after the first period(s).

The snowstorm and the puck drop at such an early hour did the rest.

All in all, a fantastic road trip. Love this team.

Edited by cusm
wording

2 minutes ago, cusm said:

You could see in the last two games that the road trip has taken its toll. Miller's blatant giveaways in front of his own goal, for example, were unheard of so far this season.

It was also noticeable that not much came after the first period(s).

The snowstorm and the puck drop at such an early hour did the rest.

All in all, a fantastic road trip. Love this team.

I Like how these guys don’t make excuses. They man up. Not like that whining loser Dahlin who blames everyone else for his terrible loser player. Thank goodness we don’t have that kind of loser attitude on our club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

No buddy, you do not get to pretend that you didn't cheerlead for the Canucks losing the last 3 seasons.

You were the worst kind of  phony fan.  You  made a mockery of anyone who thought we still  had a chance. You were awful.

Three years you gleefully posted how the Canucks were out of it early.

Nope.  You don't get to pretend to  be a fan now. 

Yup. All the faux fans can take a flying ****. They’re the same group who said Hughes wasn’t generational while saying shit losers like Dahlin were better. Or always saying bad stuff about Petey. Or that Miller’s contract was bad. These posters are not true fans. 

• ThereItIs 2

54 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Inconvenient time for a game but thanks to the miracle of PVR it is not so bad for fans. Unfortunately for the players, they had to show up at the actual game time despite the travel problems. 

1. Might as well start with the obvious point, emphasized by Tocc in the post-game, that this was an excellent road trip. A long, hard road trip mostly in the Eastern Conference including some very good teams does not usually lead to getting 11 points out of a possible 14. Pretty much everyone associated with the team has to be very happy with the overall performance. 

2. And starting early after a long tough day in transit the previous day with very little rest was certainly setting up the Canucks to lose, even to Columbus. But the team at least got a point, although the perfect record of winning every game after leading going into the third period finally ended (I think at 26 games).

3. The first shift (the Lotto line) was great and when they scored about 6 minutes into the game, the Canucks were ahead 8-0 on the shot clock and had completely dominated play. But Columbus pushed back and the ultimately the game was close. Once again, the Canucks were outshot but generated a lot of high-quality chances.

4. Just looking at the stat line it would be easy to say that the Lotto line is great, the "third line" is good, but the "second line" is not pulling its weight. The thing is that Suter, Kuzy, and Mik played well again and had the best underlying stats of the four lines. Right now, Kuzy and Mik are just snake-bit. But it has to turn around (just as it did for the third line, who did not get on the scoreboard much in the early part of the season despite playing well). And that line is not giving away much so they are certainly not hurting the team. I would keep them together and sooner or later the puck will start going in.

5. The guy who did have a tough day was Cole. He looked tired and he made poor plays on both Columbus 5-on-5 goals. Having two lefty D-men on that pairing (Zadorov and Cole) may have played a role. In retrospect it is too bad that Juulsen did not come in for Cole. Tocc probably thought about it. Cole has played well this year, but he is not a young guy (almost 35) and he plays a physical game, so it is no surprise he was worn out. 

6. DeSmith was good again. Lucky to have him as a backup. 

Now the team can rest for a couple of days, which they need. Hope they can come back strong on Thursday.

Cole will need to be load managed the rest of the year. Luckily we have Juulsen to come in and take his place. And Juulsen is a righty so makes it easier to play with Zadorov. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1