Rumour: Joel Eriksson Ek

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Kuzy and our late (hopefully very very late) 1st is an unperpayment for E-Ek. Adding Hogs might flip it to over, but I'd do it for the monster C depth. 

Based on Minny's lack of cap room going forward they will want guys on ELC's.  Something like Raty and a 1st or Raty and Lekkerimaki or Raty, Bruskewicz(sorry on spelling)and a draft pick

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zero chance Allvin moves Lekkerimaki. Won’t move Raty either. 

Need to tap into your ruthless side Ala the golden knights.  The odds are against every prospect hitting.  So if you can convert assets into top6 forwards or top 4 d you do it.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

From what I saw in this article, there is NO rumor that anyone is talking about in an official capacity, it is them making a suggestion that this would be a good trade to make. They didn't indicate that Minnesota has any interest in moving JEE.

Yeah, I'm also reading more speculation than rumor.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Minnesota is not considering trading Ek, Guerin loves him and signed his latest contract.

Further, Vancouver is not offering a Kuzmenko, Hoglander and a 1st.

If Ek were to be acquired it would be Vancouver being persistent in discussions and creating a market for Ek much like they did when they targeted Hronek.

As I've mentioned a dozen times, he is the perfect fit in Vancouver's top six and would be fantastic if brought in to this core long term.

• Thanks 1

I really like this player, big center that can play second line minutes ...looks like a 20-30 goal scorer (on pace for like 30+ this year).  He is young and on a good contract.  Getting a player like this will allow them to keep the 6409 line together long term and will legitimately give the Canucks two top lines .  The third line can go toe to toe with other teams bottom 6 and come out ahead most of the time. 

I have no idea what the cost would be.  Why would the wild do this though?

• Cheers 2

I don't think Allvin would trade away both Kuzmenko and Hoglander for one guy. That would leave the Canucks short of quality NHL wingers, especially in the Top 6.

I'll assume if there is a trade for Eriksson Ek it will be Kuzmenko, but only because the cap works. Just a guess: Kuzmenko, McDonough and a 1st (or something like that) Kuzmenko becomes quick friends with Kaprizov, and they both go on to score many goals.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Eriksson Ek - Mikheyev

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

X - Suter - Lafferty

Aman

Karlsson

I still think the 4th needs someone with size/toughness. Does Podkolzin possibly slot in down the stretch?

The reality is any move we do has to be money in money out.

So if we're taking on $5 million roughly $5 million has to be going out....ala Kuzzy or Myers 

Adding an additional $1.1 million (Hoglander) to the money going out makes no sense to Minny that has its own Cap Hell to deal with. 

It would have to be Kuzzy or Myers plus draft picks and or prospects. IMO

I'm really not sure any of this makes sense for Minny though as they'll want to stay competitive and taking Ek away makes them weaker down the middle...unless thier trying to make room for one of their prospects thats on an ELC. Personally I don't see this trade scenario working out... but you never know.  I just don't want to retain salary on any deal. If we're going to move our 1st in a deal this year then I'd hope we hld onto our recent picks *Lekker, Willander, Hunter, Petterson as we;re gonna need those ELC's and talent to replenish our pipeline.   

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

Based on Minny's lack of cap room going forward they will want guys on ELC's.  Something like Raty and a 1st or Raty and Lekkerimaki or Raty, Bruskewicz(sorry on spelling)and a draft pick

Based on our lack of cap room going forward WE will want guys on ELC's let's keep all 3 of these guys 

• ThereItIs 1