Rumour: Joel Eriksson Ek

45 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

I mean... anyone with half a brain could see the reason Vancouver would like to grab a player like that. I suggested him as a possible name a few days ago... doesn't mean I had any inside information, just an easy speculation piece.  

Yeah and anyone with half a brain could see why every team in the NHL wants McDavid, but it doesn't mean we can speculate on him being traded to Vancouver lmao. EK is obviously no McDavid but he's a solid cost-controlled 2C that the Wild would be stupid to trade unless they get a solid package of players, picks and prospects, which the Canucks obviously wouldn't do.

7 minutes ago, Jim Tim said:

Sam Reinhart? On pace for over 60 goals Sam Reinhart? You think we can afford him let alone his cap hit?

If we dump Myers and Cole. Trade out Kuzy and Reino agrees to 8X8 to come to a winning team ya maybe... wishful maybe hahaha.

Alot of variables. Obvs he's worth a ton more but a guy can dream

JT, EP40, BB6 and Reino be sick in any combo of one another over 2 lines playing with whoever. He's a C and RW.

Obvs Kuzzy be shipped out maybe even one of Mikeyev or Garly to help offset Petey and Hroneks raises.

There's options was my point before trading off 1st round picks and prospects that we will need. Plus let's be real Minny isn't moving Ek 

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

Did I Suter?

They have $10m+ in cap space and need to sign a few bottom 6 forwards and maybe 2 bottom pair D.  More than enough cap to do that.  The year after next, the dead cap is pretty much all gone.  They're not in a dire cap situation at all unless they're trying to build a contender next year.

9 hours ago, RWJC said:

Why do you say they won’t? 
It all depends on the team, salary structure, and direction intended by their executives. 
To say you can’t get a 2nd line F for a 1st round pick or more and top prospects is conjecture, especially when it depend WHO that 2nd line C is.

Not saying it would ever be offered by us, but you package Willander, Lekkerimaki and one of our 1sts and I’m sure you’ll have captured the attention of most GMs. That 3 consecutive 1st round picks. 
Like I said, all depends on whom you’re pursuing and whom our mgmt considers “good”.

Absolutely.... 

Especially after reason exploits in WJR...

That is definitely something other GMs would be drooling over...

But please don't let it happen...

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

I'm more than okay with acquiring him, he'd be an excellent addition.

But at what cost?

Here's two of our best, most recent trades:

1. Miller for a conditional 1st, a 3rd, and a third or fourth string goalie. (Tampa needed to clear cap space)

2. Hronek for a 1st and a 2nd. (Not sure what Stevie Y was thinking) 

Minny, more than likely doesn't want to move on. Why should they? It would have to be a huge overpayment. 

Plus, Canuck management aren't dummies and aren't desperate. 

If Allvin can pull off a trade similar to either of those two, I'm all in. 

If they pull a similar trade of like those two, i'll help run the cement mixer for the foundation to the JR/PA statue that surely will be erected in front of Rodgers. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

@Grandmaster

Are you seriously laughing at what I said about Miller? Not sure why you laughed, but seriously, Hammertime worrying about other teams taking runs at Miller, has it all wrong. 

Miller hurts people, not the other way around. 

They should be worried. 

Miller is fabulous, and thank god we have him in our top 6. 

Think Hammers concern rests with Miller having to do all the heavy lifting himself atm. 
Leading, Hitting, fighting, protecting, PK, PP etc etc...

I would be good to have somebody else taking some of the workload of him. He may run out of steam during the playoffs otherwise.... 

Maybe not, but while we have improved tremendusly on the back end, outside Miller and Joshua (and partially Laf). We don't have any deterent....

In saying all the above, f it, lets run with the horses we've got, and see where it leads. 

The real test of where this team is really at awaits in the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Canucks have actually developed a lot of assets - Hogz, Pdz, their 1sts, Aman, Kuzy, Raty, Bains, Hirose, Mcward 

they will almost certainly make a big move using these assets 

I am sure this year reminds JR of his cup year in Carolina where the team platted way better than anticipated and they had a lot players clucking and so they just went for it 

JR and PA also realize that they have a lot of UFAs and RFAs that will want raises so this is actually a really good year for them cap wise 

I’m totally cool with Kuzy+ Hogz and a first for EK 

- that’s two high skill players who he had trouble sticking in our lineup anda late first in a so so draft for a future selke nominee

do it 

• Cheers 2

I dunno. Rumour?!?!??!???  Speculation?!?!?!??? Suggestion???!!!?!?? They're all rumours. The source from whence they came means nothing. How they spread makes them rumours; what they say is speculation. Speculation is nothing more than a suggestion, opinion, on a subject matter that could have an effect on whatever the particular scenario is. In this case, it's hockey trade talk.

Nothing's concrete until we see a......... Trade or Signing prefix at the header of a thread in this particular forum.; a report from a trusted source, (Elliot Friedman, Darren Dreger, or any of those guys who do this sh*t!) or on TSN, SN or wherever!!!!! So with that, I say................................

Any of those guys listed in canucks curse' reply are game in the quest to bring in relevant players to augment our needs. 

Hogz, Pdz, their 1sts, Aman, Kuzy, Raty, Bains, Hirose, Mcward

- Hogz ceiling is pretty much what we're seeing

- Pods has yet to show us what he's got in his tank. A 10th overall touted to go earlier. Untapped, but unfortunately, expendable

- Our 1st's??!??? I dunno. We should hold on to Willander. Lekkeramaki I like too. His shooting prowess. WOW!!! But if we have to?!??!?? C'est la vie!

- The remaining names, Aman, Kuzy, Raty, Bains, Hirose, Mcward,,,,,, I'm down. 

Knowing now that Minny probably isn't shopping Ek; I get it. Dude's one of their key players. But as many have said thus far, this is the type of 2nd line centre we need. If he was a righty, that'd be the bomb for sure, but he's in Minny...............sigh..........aroo...........

On 1/16/2024 at 3:05 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Nobody is trading Kuzmenko, Höglander, a 1st AND Lekkerimäki for Eriksson Ek. That’s an overpayment. Also, Brodin is 30 years old and wouldn’t be on our top pairing. He’d be a 2nd pairing guy on Vancouver. 

If we are trading Petey we need a star prospect back plus some picks and a roster player.  Think Leo Carlsson, David Jiricek, Adam Fantilli as your star prospect. Then add two firsts plus a roster player. 

Petey is a borderline generational talent. 

Not going to comment on anything to do with your back and forth other than to state you are crazy calling Petey borderline generational. That term is way over used. It should be 1 player for every 10 years or so (rare exception having a second if the two are super close). The generational talents are McDavid with Crosby/Ovie the previous generation. Bedard looking to be the newest generation, but too early to tell and its still McDavid's league. That is the entirety of generational talents in the league. Guys that are borderline are the guys that have won harts or conn smyths (Matthews, Makar, Draisatle,  and Kucherov for current, and Malkin, Kane for last generation). You could argue Petey has a chance to enter the borderline generational convo with the names I placed there, but there is no chance at this point he is close to being a generational guy. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Canucks have actually developed a lot of assets - Hogz, Pdz, their 1sts, Aman, Kuzy, Raty, Bains, Hirose, Mcward 

they will almost certainly make a big move using these assets 

I am sure this year reminds JR of his cup year in Carolina where the team platted way better than anticipated and they had a lot players clucking and so they just went for it 

JR and PA also realize that they have a lot of UFAs and RFAs that will want raises so this is actually a really good year for them cap wise 

I’m totally cool with Kuzy+ Hogz and a first for EK 

- that’s two high skill players who he had trouble sticking in our lineup anda late first in a so so draft for a future selke nominee

do it 

Will Ferrell No GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Hmm... Kuzy and our 1st is an underpayment. Who else would you add?

Not really. Kuzmenko is a solid top 6 forward in the league. His potential to score 25 goals is far greater than Eriksson Ek’s and goals win games. 

Giving the 1st is the sweetener. Getting that agreeable salary. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 6:41 PM, Barn Burner said:

That's why it's great that people like you aren't pulling the trigger. Haha! 

1st 2024

2nd 2026

3rd 2025 

Podkolzin 

He has 4-5 years left at under 6m. Hes producing at a 30g 70/80pt clip. He plays center, only 26 years old, great defensively, can play a heavy/gritty game. Hes a JT miller lite whilst being 4 years younger. 

Also Podk isnt a top prospect anymore. 

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not really. Kuzmenko is a solid top 6 forward in the league. His potential to score 25 goals is far greater than Eriksson Ek’s and goals win games. 

Giving the 1st is the sweetener. Getting that agreeable salary. 

Goals win games

defence wins championships

• Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Which is why Alvin has strengthened the defense to where it is now. 

Adding a strong 2 way 2C only makes us a much harder team to play against.

takes every guy in the dzone to do their job to prevent goals. Ovi is the greatest goal scorer and it took him 13 years to win a cup… which took for him to be a better 2way player.