Nils Höglander | #21 | LW

Rubik

2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Any stats on how effective Hogz is on the boards? My feeling is that his forechecking and ability to win battles along the board is what RT likes about him.

I would be very surprised if we trade him, he's cheap.

Hogs is going to play Garland’s minutes. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/2/2024 at 9:31 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d rather keep Garlamd on the 3rd line. Höglander can be packaged to get rid of Mikheyev. Podkolzin can take Joshua’s spot. We can re-sign Lindholm to be our 2C and we can trade Hronek for Lawson Crouse, who would replace Joshua as a true power forward. We could then get some big nasty plugs to fill out the 4th line. Guys who can kill penalties. 

Crouse         Miller          Boeser 

Pettersson   Lindholm    Lekkerimäki 

Podkolzin     Blueger      Garland  

Suter

Aman 

This is a much better distribution of cap space, we get a true power forward in Crouse and we also have a defacto shutdown line in the Miller line. And the Swedish line is our offensive dynamo line. Lindholm can also move down to the 3rd line if we want to balance the lines more and play Crouse with Petey. 

Yes to Crouse. The team needs to get bigger and meaner, he is both

Make it happen PA

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

24 goals at even strength. I am excited to see how Hogs plays with a upgraded forward group. He could easily be a + 30 goal scorer. How many plays did Mik kill with no ppg due to lack of scoring. Get a finisher with Hogs and his ppg will jump. 

• 2 months later...

Just watched this. 

Things I noticed and decided to look into further. 

10 of his goals were scored sans Pete or Miller on the ice. Mostly in the early half of the season with Lafferty where he produced at quite an impressive clip. 

Only 5g were assisted by Elias Pettersson though between Feb 11 and April 16 they did heat up for 8 combined goals. 

What I gather from this Quinn Hughes assisted on 9g and was clearly the biggest factor in Nils 24g. 

Lafferty on whom I think Sherwood is a nice upgrade combined for 7g all in the first half of the season similar timeframe to Pete Nils combining for 8. 

IMO If I'm looking for value per point. I'm seeing way more value from Nils in the bottom 6 and thats a great problem to have. I'm really hoping Nils Sherwood find lightning in a bottle like Dak Garland have. 

Suter/Heinen Miller Brock

Debrusk Pete Sprong

Dak Blueger Garland

Nils Raty Sherwood

Bains Aman Karlsson/Leks

Is extremely deep in terms of a pre-deadline nhl forward group.    

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

i only managed to see the last game of the pre-season due to an intense workperiod. From what i saw Hogs was showing a bit of everything and was top 3 forward on the ice in that game if i may say so. he might be starting bottom 6, but i would not be the slightest bit surprised if he takes another step this season and establishes himself as a top 6 player. 

• Like 1