Q&A with Canucks GM Patrik Allvin

19 hours ago, JayDangles said:

But dont you think that without knowing what Petey will cost the team next year, or for the next 8 years, it will be much more difficult to make roster moves leading up the the TDL this year?

Whether you're a believer in this team or not, it does feel like we could be 1 or 2 good moves away from being a real contender this year. I'd hate for management to have to pass on those moves because of Petey's contract uncertainty. That would be a poor move on Peteys part. He could potentially be hurting the very team he is trying to help win with

Not picking sides at all but it's part of the business. Petey is not likely to resolve or settle on his contract right now just to be a partial GM and try to help obtain other players.

All I’d say is if you read the PA interview and somewhat read between the lines, there def seems to be a least a little frustration and it’s (lack of new contract) def impacting other things / impacting moving forward on other things. He doesn’t come out and blatantly say these things, but I think there’s subtle hints at it. He’s usually very careful what he says and how he says it, but this interview seems a smidge different. 

I don’t want to cherry pick the interview, so if people haven’t read it, check it out & if you did read it, check it out again…..you can make up your own mind re: it. And, maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it seemed a smidge more revealing than usual & I def felt like those things were there, even if not blatant. 

Edited by 88Canuck