Let's Make One Thing Clear! (Which Jersey?)

Canuck You

Personally would like it if the players decided more than the fans.   They are the ones risking their lives to entertain us.   Don't care much for if it represents the colours of the city, if we are being honest about that, it's grey, rainy and has had a yellow smog haze over it since the 80's.    So there is some yellow in it (lol from a distance anyways, most cities have this though too).   Green is very dark green.   And most cities have the same colours too.    Anyone gone to PHI or WSH?  That's green and they also have water.  PHI's port is the only orange you will see, they started with it, and stuck to it - suits them too, was blown away at how much green surrounds both cities though, in the summer anyways.   Lots of orange from their cranes, and bins etc.     As a whole province, you bet that works for sure.   Blue, Green and White.   Same with a lot of other teams and not sure why we'd own that colour theme.  

What we did own, for a couple decades anyways, was the colours we picked after the SIR.    

Both are fine to me, if it's time to change back, that's fine too.   If it's not, then ok.   Do think, tactically, if they ever were going to do it, now is the time.    Grown fond of both.   It would be a nice bookend to the Sedin era.   Also think we should stick with whatever one wins the cup.    Back to the start, think it would be great, if they are actually considering this, that they let the players decide for us. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Canuck You said:

If you had it your way, Which Jersey would you like our beloved Canucks wearing as a regular for the foreseeable future and why?

As for me, Bure was amazing and got me in to hockey...and these updated jerseys look sick!

skatejersey-transformed.thumb.png.4bee5b00717577487acf0f55dd4a6b49.png

This.  X 1,000,000,000,000

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

14 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

What’s wrong with the stick in rink?why do we have to have all these different logos/jersys?

The stick in rink has to be one of the worst logos in sports history imo

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Personally would like it if the players decided more than the fans.   They are the ones risking their lives to entertain us.   Don't care much for if it represents the colours of the city, if we are being honest about that, it's grey, rainy and has had a yellow smog haze over it since the 80's.    So there is some yellow in it (lol from a distance anyways, most cities have this though too).   Green is very dark green.   And most cities have the same colours too.    Anyone gone to PHI or WSH?  That's green and they also have water.  PHI's port is the only orange you will see, they started with it, and stuck to it - suits them too, was blown away at how much green surrounds both cities though, in the summer anyways.   Lots of orange from their cranes, and bins etc.     As a whole province, you bet that works for sure.   Blue, Green and White.   Same with a lot of other teams and not sure why we'd own that colour theme.  

What we did own, for a couple decades anyways, was the colours we picked after the SIR.    

Both are fine to me, if it's time to change back, that's fine too.   If it's not, then ok.   Do think, tactically, if they ever were going to do it, now is the time.    Grown fond of both.   It would be a nice bookend to the Sedin era.   Also think we should stick with whatever one wins the cup.    Back to the start, think it would be great, if they are actually considering this, that they let the players decide for us. 

I agree completely with the colors representing the city not being terribly important.  As to leaving the decision to the players...not sure what I think.  Agree that they're the ones with their bodies on the line but they also generally aren't as long term stakeholders in the logo as a fan is.

Yeah the Halloween colors were Canucks property and they did pretty darn well in them too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I agree completely with the colors representing the city not being terribly important.  As to leaving the decision to the players...not sure what I think.  Agree that they're the ones with their bodies on the line but they also generally aren't as long term stakeholders in the logo as a fan is.

Yeah the Halloween colors were Canucks property and they did pretty darn well in them too.

I fully support the players deciding...it's their "uniform"/work wear. Let them have their say.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I fully support the players deciding...it's their "uniform"/work wear. Let them have their say.

I mean I'm not against it but ultimately its the corporate owners / executives who make branding decisions and like I said players come and go.  Should Vladimir Krutov or Eric Weinrich have really had a huge impact on what the Canucks logo would be?  By all means I would invite their input.  A full veto on the issue?  I don't know.  Maybe.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yeah but the owners sign the cheques. The owners pay for the equipment.

Do players even get a cut of the merchandizing?

Do players have a say? Yes.  Management also has a say, as well as the marketing/merchandizing staff.

Final call it's the guys who pay the bills that have final say.

I think the company I work for their choices in branding are silly and a waste of money. I'm just one voice among many.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Vintage 1

I disagree with the player sentiment only because they would play in pajamas if it still meant getting paid.  These players take pride primarily playing for each other.  Beyond that, they might also play for the fans and for the city, but that is secondary.  But they don't play for the orca on their chest.  We aren't an original six team with an iconic logo.  We have changed brands too often.  And yet the flying skate continues to have its appeal.  And now young people are eating it up.

Black is far better and far more stylish than that bright blue.  The yellow and orange adds the right amount of flair to it.

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Would love it if they design these: 

IMG_3677.jpeg.f4526e4b31ad0dca8ec45fe65f5eb655.jpegIMG_3681.jpeg.ad2e49285405cbc266a47cdbf12bf567.jpeg

Love this idea to an extent. Always loved the idea of a black uni. But haven't really been sold on the old yellow and red. I think if you throw some white stripes on there it would be a killer design. The blue and green currently don't pop enough. 

I like our current jersey/logo, we've got a long history with it (colours more than logo but even that is getting long), but if I truly had it my way id prefer a primarly black jersey. As for the logo, i honestly could not care what is used. I dont truly pay much attention to it. Its the colours of the jersey and the players/play that I'm watching.

• Like 1

It sure would be nice to know what "Canucks colours" are. 

The BC Lions we know.  Orange.   Using black and white alongside.

The Whitecaps have always had their dark blue, with lighter blue.

Other teams you just associate certain colours with.   Pittsburgh: yellow with white and black  Montreal: red, with blue and white. Toronto with their dark blue. In fact most pro teams have always kept their one colour dominant design.

Green and blue couldn't be further from orange, red, yellow.

At this point we should just accept that we simply don't need any established team colours. We are all Canucks. We live in a very diverse community, and our many team logos and colours reflect that.

My beef is mainly with the designs we've had to endure. The skate jersey is not good. The V jersey was way ahead of its time. Jersey + logo in one.  The stick in rink is the most generic boring sports logo in history.  The current logo ain't no worse than any other.  But man, looking at those vintage Sabres jerseys when we played them recently, got me envious.  We both came into the league the same year, but their originals still pop. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Think its the fans call....

Any one of the players could be gone tomorrow, but YOU will always be there... Hence your opinion is more important.

18 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I do love the look of the black skate uniforms, but will we see much of those again this season? Aqua like to try and cash in with those before Christmas. This could be why they don't return as the regular uniform. There's something extra special about it when it's a limited time offer. I would have loved to see the road white skate uniforms as well.

My guess is the Canucks stick with the current Orca blue/green, and we'll see much more of those black skate uniforms again next October, leading up to Christmas.

One thing I really like about the Blue/Green colour scheme, is that no other team has this. And it's pretty sharp.

They're wearing them 9 more times this year and already wore them one extra game too 

2 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

Love this idea to an extent. Always loved the idea of a black uni. But haven't really been sold on the old yellow and red. I think if you throw some white stripes on there it would be a killer design. The blue and green currently don't pop enough. 

I like our current jersey/logo, we've got a long history with it (colours more than logo but even that is getting long), but if I truly had it my way id prefer a primarly black jersey. As for the logo, i honestly could not care what is used. I dont truly pay much attention to it. Its the colours of the jersey and the players/play that I'm watching.

That's black that I would think rocks.

• Like 1

At least the Johnny Canuck jersey is out of contention, now that Abby has claimed it.

The Stick in Rink is kind of amateurish, so it should go away as well.

The Skate jersey I like, but prefer to use it for special moments or selective games.

- I think it would lose its distinctive quality; especially as fans age and the younger

fanbase have few memories of The Skate years.

Blue is for the ocean, green is for the land and white if for the snow on the hills. Imo, the

Orca represents the Coast more than any other animal.  I would like the Orca insignia

to look angrier, as afterall, it is a killer whale.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

At least the Johnny Canuck jersey is out of contention, now that Abby has claimed it.

The Stick in Rink is kind of amateurish, so it should go away as well.

The Skate jersey I like, but prefer to use it for special moments or selective games.

- I think it would lose its distinctive quality; especially as fans age and the younger

fanbase have few memories of The Skate years.

Blue is for the ocean, green is for the land and white if for the snow on the hills. Imo, the

Orca represents the Coast more than any other animal.  I would like the Orca insignia

to look angrier, as afterall, it is a killer whale.

Yeah there is so much more they could have done with the Orca.   I understand giving homage to the First Nations art depiction of a killer whale, but then go all the way, and make it all First Nation design, like the jersey they sell on the day we honour them.  The half ass effort in trying to please everybody, pleases no one.  Part native design, part modern stylization, and part trying to force a "C" in there somehow.  Also the whole breaking through the ice isn't even a lower mainland waters kind of occurrence.

I could see them making another third jersey based on the Orca from a different angle. More 3D.  Maybe more angry as you said.  This is from a Saanich team,

22881561_web1_201002-SNE-PredatorsLogo-1

• ThereItIs 1

On 1/16/2024 at 4:15 PM, Canuck You said:

If you had it your way, Which Jersey would you like our beloved Canucks wearing as a regular for the foreseeable future and why?

As for me, Bure was amazing and got me in to hockey...and these updated jerseys look sick!

skatejersey-transformed.thumb.png.4bee5b00717577487acf0f55dd4a6b49.png

Just point the skate up. A downward skate is a bad omen