Sam Reinhart would you?

With Sam Reinhart being a B.C native with family here and a capable C/RW coming up on UFA would you...

Let Myers walk and replace him internally with a Juulsen.

Let cole walk or resign on the cheap?

Move Kuz to accommodate EP40 and Hronek Raises... most likely one of Garly or Mikeyev gone as well to fit Reinhart in?

I think a combo of any 2 per line with whoever in EP40, JT, BB6 and Reino  be lethal for many yrs to come.

Does Reino take the JT sweetheart deal at 8AAV to come home and be on a winning team? 

Defense definitely suffers abit but we have a few guys in the pipeline. A guy can dream!!

Edited by Bobby Lou
Mods please merge edit noticed wrong forum should be in proposals

I love Reinhart and think he might be one of the more underrated players in the game today. Selke-tier defense and great scoring. He's really the 1st overall pick he was hoped to be all those years ago.

That said, I wouldn't do this, as it decimates our depth and defense.

That's going for the same strategy as Toronto, which isn't how you win in the playoffs.  The only way Reinhart makes sense is if it becomes clear that Petey won't sign long-term and needs to be traded.  Like the player, but he's just not a fit with the salary structure.

• Upvote 1

Talk is Reino wants to stay in Florida and might get a little under what Tkachuk got. I don't see him taking 8mil to be here. I wanted him though. But from the talk I am hearing he'll be 10ish mil on the open market. Especially after the Nylander deal. But might re-sign in Florida for less than Tkachuk.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Talk is Reino wants to stay in Florida and might get a little under what Tkachuk got. I don't see him taking 8mil to be here. I wanted him though. But from the talk I am hearing he'll be 10ish mil on the open market. Especially after the Nylander deal. But might re-sign in Florida for less than Tkachuk.

Good for him. He’s a tremendous player in his prime and showing he deserves a payday in the first year that future dollar projections can be better factored into terms for deals. 

Dude has that Florida tax break and is still likely going to take around 9 mil.  In what world does the man take an even bigger discount somewhere else?

$8M.  Lulz

Oh and on the wrong forum too

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Good for him. He’s a tremendous player in his prime and showing he deserves a payday in the first year that future dollar projections can be better factored into terms for deals. 

Deserves it for sure and he's thriving in Florida. So fit makes sense all around.

Reinhart is a premier player in the league, having his best year. How could VAN possibly trade for this guy? I feel the same way about Lindholm and Eriksson Ek. Just can't see it happening, VAN would have to give up too much.

I think Allvin is going to be sneaky good in how he handles Canucks improvements. Like how he wanted Hronek and found a way to get him. 

Edited by Nucker67

Naw. No interest on my part for Sam. In so much that we're still working on bringing in more help, we don't wanna handcuff our team with another big sign.

Firstly we gotta regain some cap via a Myers, Kuzy, and perhaps a Garly drop. Whether we do this via trade at deadline or in the offseason is yet to be determined. If management is looking to help the team for a stronger playoff push, then it's doubly a priority now!

We have to get our own (Petey, Hronek, Zadz, Daks, and whoever else management wants to keep around!) shored up. IMO, any moves of significance would be better served this off season.

Having JR/PA at the helm never ceases to surprise, huh. I'm kinda' chomping at the bit to see what they end up doing to help us with our playoff push. 🤔🙏:classic_unsure::towel:

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Bobby Lou said:

With Sam Reinhart being a B.C native with family here and a capable C/RW coming up on UFA would you...

Let Myers walk and replace him internally with a Juulsen.

Let cole walk or resign on the cheap?

Move Kuz to accommodate EP40 and Hronek Raises... most likely one of Garly or Mikeyev gone as well to fit Reinhart in?

I think a combo of any 2 per line with whoever in EP40, JT, BB6 and Reino  be lethal for many yrs to come.

Does Reino take the JT sweetheart deal at 8AAV to come home and be on a winning team? 

Defense definitely suffers abit but we have a few guys in the pipeline. A guy can dream!!

Sign Reinhart to a Bo Horvat type deal and then trade Pettersson for massive picks and prospects to solidly our future.

:WAT: !!!!!!

On 1/16/2024 at 11:40 PM, Miss Korea said:

Dude has that Florida tax break and is still likely going to take around 9 mil.  In what world does the man take an even bigger discount somewhere else?

$8M.  Lulz

Oh and on the wrong forum too

Ya as I said in my original post a guy can dream.. I mean he is from here.

Forgot about the tax breaks in Flordia definitely makes it even more unlikely

Also i joined this forum this yr and it's the first post I ever attempted or made haha. Jim Carrey Mistake GIF