[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

GO FLAMES GO! GO KRAKEN GO! GO PREDS GO!
image.thumb.png.03c65c2e4c08f30dd2339d7b14bce66a.png

Ranges will beat the Knights so no need to cheer them on and of course, as always!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 2

The people saying dont take the coyotes lightly have it right. You know what the difference between much

vaunted us and low lowly coyotes? 7 loses. So yeah... stir down your enthusiasm if you need to like i do. 

According to my leaf buddies in my hockey chat im a bit much rn.

I like to think everytime i start to think, we're fancy pants now, I like to imagine a voice that whispers into 

my ear: "So are the Jets..." always takes a little off the shine and brings me a little closer to reality.

Edited by Shirotashi

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

this is a perfect indictment of the "analytics community".

their "underlying numbers" don't line up with the results on the ice, and in their blind, idiotic arrogance they assume that the team has somehow pulled the wool over their eyes, instead of having enough self-awareness to perhaps re-evaluate the supposed value of their stats. 

our spreadsheets couldn't possibly be meaningless, it must be that the players are getting results in spite of themselves!

• Like 1

Just now, NHL Tyranny said:

My weekly calls with my dad no longer dwell on the woes of the Nucks and future year forecasts. So weird and so awesome. Now we debate whether they are ahead or behind the Jets...

GCG

Having the sort of same situation with my Dad. He lives in Winnipeg (where I'm originally from), and he's a Jets fan, but he really likes the Canucks too and even stays up to watch the games. Kind of nice to be talking about how well our teams are doing these days. Would really like to see a VAN-WPG conference final next spring.

• Like 1

Just now, tas said:

their "underlying numbers" don't line up with the results on the ice, and in their blind, idiotic arrogance they assume that the team has somehow pulled the wool over their eyes, instead of having enough self-awareness to perhaps re-evaluate the supposed value of their stats. 

our spreadsheets couldn't possibly be meaningless, it must be that the players are getting results in spite of themselves!

Shhhh...Miss Korea is lurking around....

• Haha 3

I hate the first game back after a road trip , a lack lustre opponent. Previous Canuck teams have been unable to rise to the occasion, we will see if this team is built differently.  5 - 1  , our team does not disappoint.

7 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The problem is, teams like the Dogs tend to be hungrier than the Canucks. Canucks need to become hungrier 

Can't piss away too much energy on meaningless games against a pack of mutts

11 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

The people saying dont take the coyotes lightly have it right. You know what the difference between much

vaunted us and low lowly coyotes? 7 loses. So yeah... stir down your enthusiasm if you need to like i do. 

According to my leaf buddies in my hockey chat im a bit much rn.

I like to think everytime i start to think, we're fancy pants now, I like to imagine a voice that whispers into 

my ear: "So are the Jets..." always takes a little off the shine and brings me a little closer to reality.

In this league 3,4, or 5 losses and your fortunes can change dramatically. The only time I'd feel comfortable bragging is if I were the the Wings in the late 90s/2000's The old Oilers, or the Islanders, of the 80's or back when there were 16 teams or less.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, tas said:

As the saying goes, 'statistics without context are meaningless," and hockey analytics are absolutely riddled with it.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Having the sort of same situation with my Dad. He lives in Winnipeg (where I'm originally from), and he's a Jets fan, but he really likes the Canucks too and even stays up to watch the games. Kind of nice to be talking about how well our teams are doing these days. Would really like to see a VAN-WPG conference final next spring.

The way the standings are a van-wpg conference finals is very likely. A first or second wildcard team 1st round, is the goal for starters. Keep the foot on the gas to ensure this boys!!!

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Ah we just came back from a heck of a road trip, 5 all stars, some weird travel from Buffalo to Columbus.

I think we can ease up a bit and take it easy against the lowly Coyotes.

Noooo we must destroy those mangy mutts!!

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Predictions;  I always try to do it here, admit to being a (slight) homer. I think the Nucks got this one 🙂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473dcbcah9egymoq1s5j

Time to order something from ACME, Lol.

Edited by Rekker
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

As the saying goes, 'statistics without context are meaningless," and hockey analytics are absolutely riddled with it.

big time. 

the analytics used by teams internally are invaluable. the analytics used by obsessive dweebs on the internet are valueless. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Reg said:

I've heard people say some teams experience a lack luster performance in their first game at home following a road trip. 

I am hoping for FULL LUSTRE right out of the gate!! Lets light em up and if they get chippy about it, fill em in. !!!

• Like 1