[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

What a difference a year makes.

I remember Bo, Miller, Garland, Myer's and Boeser all being on the trade blocks. Good trade of Bo. We bit the proverbial bullet on JT (much to our benefit) Minnesota didn't want to trade for Boes (thank gawd), Garland? He runs the GARLINE now.  Florida, or any bubble team should have traded for Myer's but them and other bubble teams were to ch shit. 

So here we are. Except Kuz needs a cattle prod. Mik needs a new knee unfortunately.  We need a forward because these two fell off their production levels.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

It’s sad when the only thing memorable in the last 10 years is Torts storming the Calgary locker room lol. What a decade of MEH if I ever seen one. 

I found the the bubble-run with Demko playing out of his mind & the team upsetting the previous year’s  Stanley Cup champion STL Blues, to be pretty exiting news! 

Very close to ousting Vegas in the following round, too!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Watching the end of the avs bruins game and holy rusted metal batman, the announcer is the absolutely awful at calling a game

there was a point where he was just saying the names

its like he doesnt know what he is trying to say and is just going word for word in his thought process

if bettman want’s better viewer numbers in the states he could start with better commentary 

to be fair, the game seemed really slow? like they were playing on large ice or something. but yeah, there were times when the color guy was saying "the crowd is chanting go bruins go" and stupid stuff like that while the play was going on.

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I found the the bubble-run with Demko playing out of his mind & the team upsetting the previous year’s  Stanley Cup champion STL Blues, to be pretty exiting news! 

Very close to ousting Vegas in the following round, too!

That was the most fun since the Stanley Cup run that’s for sure 

15 minutes ago, Rekker said:

How can I not love this team right now, but that second line, shudder. If team struggles, definitely look for some line juggling. 

Meh.  
The lotto line has only been together for a handful of games. 
Let’s not forget, a spread out line up got us in 1st overall at the Xmas break. 
If we have to spread it out, we will just continue winning. 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Devron said:

Nah Betting is way better 👎

Seriously, gambling and their ads are a scourge on modern day sports.  My brother lost his house because of gambling. Its a real problem. I think its disgusting to watch revered ex-players  stump for gambling companies to take more fans homes away from them.  There is actually whole programs on 650 totally about the gambling odds on different daily matchups.  Not about the players, the tactics, the coaching, etc.  just numbers and projections on how much you could win if you paid out to their sponsors.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, kilgore said:

Seriously, gambling and their ads are a scourge on modern day sports.  My brother lost his house because of gambling. Its a real problem. I think its disgusting to watch revered ex-players  stump for gambling companies to take more fans homes away from them.  There is actually whole programs on 650 totally about the gambling odds on different daily matchups.  Not about the players, the tactics, the coaching, etc.  just numbers and projections on how much you could win if you paid out to their sponsors.

Couldn’t agree more. Gambling should not be in sports 

• Cheers 1