[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm so old I remember when the pre-game show was actually about the coming game

Sportsnet has done a terrific job of removing everything regarding getting excited about the game you're about to watch. Even in the playoffs they fail to get you excited for the game. They just litter the shit out of it with ads. 

59 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Would be so happy if they made it that far in the playoffs -  still too many variables to come before that can happen - the coaching staff will treat it a game at a time right now and focus on solidly making the playoffs (compared to barely squeaking in) + continue to improve team play - do that, they will then begin on preparing the next steps - we worry about which team to play - but upsets happen which throws everything out of whack (eg. Vegas not having to play the Avs last year).

So many teams that can go on a run in the playoffs should they make it - EDM looks like a different team and what is telling is how many times they have come back to win in the past 11 games. They + Calgary are starting to heat up so the Canucks should continue to match some of their success for the next while and not be too complacent of their current standing.

For us good guys tonight, hope we can carry some momentum from the road trip against a pretty competitive AZ team - lets try to win this one to kick off the home stand.

Just Win.jpg

The Coilers are getting huge come-back help from the league. Many third period powerplays of late...I suspect too much media hype over Mcjesus to miss the playoffs...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Hogs and Podz said:

Well... Since Garland doesn't care if his 3rd line has a name... I'm putting my vote with the GARLINE.... Just to poke fun and it flows.  So there's that.

On Canucks talk somebody came up with the Scratch and Win line to go off of the lotto line. The only unfortunate part is that you could make the argument about the hockey term of being scratched.