[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

2 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

You are right, that's crazy. In that time frame I finished university, had 3 children and build a house. 

It is great to finally have fun again watching hockey. But that game was very entertaining. Hockey sure has changed a lot. 

Hoping for a good effort and a win. Every point is something to be happy about.

But I hope they will split up the lotto line soon. Overloading the top line is not a way to success in a playoff run. And EP is not worth the rumored money as a winger. 

Kuzmenko needs to get going and it is unlikely he gets the jumpstart with Suter. And Ilya isn't doing much either. 

At some point either Kuz, Mik, or Garland should be traded to help secure a top 6 winger or center. Maybe not this season but by next year for sure.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

At some point either Kuz, Mik, or Garland should be traded to help secure a top 6 winger or center. Maybe not this season but by next year for sure.

Kuz and EP had great chemistry last season. I still think he is the right winger for EP. Ideally Ilya should play on a 3rd line. I never saw his advertised speed, he also isn't a sniper or a playmaker. Not sure what his role could be. Of course it is possible that his injury will take much more time to return to old form. 

I am very interested to see Podkolzin back. I think he can fill the top 6 role we think to fill via trade. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Can’t see this team being caught up in the All-Star game and allowing themselves to lose focus in the bigger goal. 

No me either. In the past I've seen the damage it does. That's why bigger stars like Ovie (I think ?) choose to come up with fake injuries to skip it.

This team is for real. I doubt Hughes lets that happen. It does come right in the middle of when the going gets tough though. Us having the most players going kind of fragments the team a bit. I think the Allstar game is all Russian subterfuge. 🥸 😏

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vollmilch90 said:

Kuz and EP had great chemistry last season. I still think he is the right winger for EP. Ideally Ilya should play on a 3rd line. I never saw his advertised speed, he also isn't a sniper or a playmaker. Not sure what his role could be. Of course it is possible that his injury will take much more time to return to old form. 

I am very interested to see Podkolzin back. I think he can fill the top 6 role we think to fill via trade. 

Yeah I loved the way Kuz and Petey played last year too. Unfortunately that's all changed now that their goal is to actually win hockey games while putting up points. I honestly doubt myself that Kuz has it in him to be anything other than an opportunistic scorer. Just way to static on his skates ... I would very gladly be wrong on that account though.

I agree on Ilya ... he's not quick at all in tight spaces but once he opens up he has top end speed. Unfortunately he's got stone hands and suffers a lot like Bure in the beginning in that he's too fast for his hands. When he gets those breakaways he runs out of room to deke because he gets there so quickly. You're right in that he doesn't read the game well so his playmaking ability is very poor. He's a highly paid 3rd liner who doesn't really grind much either. Yeah, his injury is still probably holding him back but he's been injured his whole career and 100% of his time here in Van.

I still love me some Pods and I really hope he continues to get better. He's playing well in Abby right now.

A couple of things I'm watching for tonight:

Will the pp be any better? They spent some time in practice working on it, so let's see if it will make a difference.  The 1st pp unit is made up of some of the best offense in the league, so if they can get it together, there could be no stopping us.

Will they be rejuvenated after that long, successful road trip? A number of players looked absolutely bagged in the last game, especially Cole. I was hoping Juulsen might be back in tonight to give him a bit more rest and to bolster the right D a little.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Have a laugh for your snowy day  😋

F*&king love Torts

F^*king love that video

F@$king love this team

-pundits all pissing and moaning, they don't know a locker room ... brilliant

-that video always brings tears to my eyes ... so close to the 2011 run I guess

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Reg said:

I've heard people say some teams experience a lack luster performance in their first game at home following a road trip. As a fan all I ask for is for our team not to take the Coyotes lightly and to play a hard hitting, yet disciplined game for a full 60 minutes. This is our house lets make it 5 straight at home.

For the only time this season I'll forgive them looking past this game if it means they win on Saturday. I don't worry about having to hear Arizona media crow for 3 months about how they played their best game of the year against the Canucks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Boys have to kick some ass tonight and end the season well....no let up. Leads slip away quickly with complacency.

Might have to put these on tonight....home game, our barn.

312463208_10159790021520549_622051536011

Well l'll be horn swaggled and hog tied. Will ya put your boots on too!  Iol

• Haha 2