[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

2 hours ago, Vollmilch90 said:

Kuz and EP had great chemistry last season. I still think he is the right winger for EP. Ideally Ilya should play on a 3rd line. I never saw his advertised speed, he also isn't a sniper or a playmaker. Not sure what his role could be. Of course it is possible that his injury will take much more time to return to old form. 

I am very interested to see Podkolzin back. I think he can fill the top 6 role we think to fill via trade

Yes, I would like to see Podz given a chance on the second line for an extended period alongside the legit 2C we hopefully pickup via a trade. This pushes Mik down to the third line (to be swapped / rotated out/in with Podz if need arises) and keeps the Lotto Line intact alongside the 3rd line .... add this up, that means Kuz is out the door unless the ideal scenario presents itself whereby Myers goes on LTIR until the end of the season to be reactivated playoff time. This last point is a bit tongue in check as I would suspect Bettman would be looking for Tampa Bay specials and especially if it comes from the Canucks ... LOL ... but in seriousness, Myers is playing well this last good stretch of games and if he did go on to sit out the remainder of the season with an "injury", how much will his game drop off come play off time. Myers on LTIR as a cap circumvention is probably not a good idea either.

Now if Myers does get a legitimate injury, then might as well take advantage of the situation but that is a different circumstance rather than manufacturing a Tampa Bay screw-the-cap method.

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

And Petey is only at 369 games. On pace to shatter all of these guys.

Hughes is another one. On pace to have the most points by a defenseman in franchise history at some point next season. Insanity. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Pears said:

Hughes is another one. On pace to have the most points by a defenseman in franchise history at some point next season. Insanity. 

Who knew that actually drafting dmen is key to an NHL franchise.. :frantic:

Yup, Hughes is phenomenal.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

No kidding. Add JT killing it, Demko Vezina calibre, possibly best third line in hockey, big D that can play. Why not the Canucks for champs? Look around the league and all teams have a weak spot. I'd say depth is ours, but really most any team loses a top tier player and they are gibbled. This is real folks.

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

No kidding. Add JT killing it, Demko Vezina calibre, possibly best third line in hockey, big D that can play, why not the Canucks for champs? Look around the league and all teams, have a weak spot. I'd say depth is ours, but really most any team loses a top tier player and they are gibbled. This is real folks.

I've been saying that too. I've wanted to hold back my excitement for just how insanely good we've been so far but if we can get one more top six forward and say, a veteran fourth liner for the playoffs we're laughing. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

I've been saying that too. I've wanted to hold back my excitement for just how insanely good we've been so far but if we can get one more top six forward and say, a veteran fourth liner for the playoffs we're laughing. 

Ya, I am certain the Canucks first is in play for something, like a $100 bill in the wallet. Alvin will take his time though and find the right bargain. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

I dont think we need anyone, we are laughing already. Lets see how tonight goes. one game at a time.

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it could. AZ isn't great but they aren't and easy out. 

Yeah, they aren't quite the doormat they were the last couple seasons. They keep hanging around in the standings.

• Vintage 1