[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

10 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Well, they got a Russian coach in Gonchar.  If he hears something odd, he would say something. I doubt it was him.  I think that Kuz is haivng a difficulty getting his mojo back from last season and he should have not gone to Bali but rather working on his stuff.  I think he is taking NHL for granted after his stellar first year in the NHL.   I am thinking that he is learning a hard lesson and will work on his conditioning this summer for sure if he wants to stay in NHL rather than going back to KHL.

Kuzy 28 years old. Played his whole career in the KHL where all they ever asked of him is "score goal." But there's more to the NHL game than that. He still needs to master the fundamentals; the "non-negotiables." And that's on Kuzy to figure out if he wants to stick. Same as everyone else on the team.

Edited by Randy Marsh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Maybe this also?

2g +1a more than Kuz and +5 vs even

same  ATOI

$750,000 less salary

5 seasons that are more than respectable as an NHL'er. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Kuzy 28 years old. Played his whole career in the KHL where all they ever asked of him is "score goal." But there's more to the NHL game than that. He still needs to master the fundamentals; the "non-negotiables." And that's on Kuzy to figure out if he wants to stick. Same as everyone else on the team.

Yup, if everyone has agreed that it's unacceptable to make risky cross ice passes in your own end and he goes and does that he has to be held accountable or the whole system and trust falls apart.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

JT is gonna have his work cut out defending against Matthews on Sat. That guy scored a hatty and an apple tonight. 

Good work by everyone on the team except for the second line. Ugh those guys are so frustrating, especially Kuzy. 

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, if everyone has agreed that it's unacceptable to make risky cross ice passes in your own end and he goes and does that he has to be held accountable or the whole system and trust falls apart.

indeed. And as Tocc said some guys get more rope than others--- you earn trust with more consistent play, and Kuz has yet to really do that. And then when he finally gets his shot, the only consistency he's often shown is being a consistent liability.   It sucks. Love the guy but.. is what it is.

31 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

JT is gonna have his work cut out defending against Matthews on Sat. That guy scored a hatty and an apple tonight. 

Good work by everyone on the team except for the second line. Ugh those guys are so frustrating, especially Kuzy. 

I think at this point it’s fair to call them the 3rd line. Joshua- Bluegar-Garland is the 2nd line imo.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Canucks play a structured and predictable game. Kuzy isn’t going to the right place when he doesn’t have the puck and confuses his linemates up when he does that. On top of that he is giving pucks away and doing behind passes that turnover on offence chances. On pp coach talks about attacking but when kuzy has the puck he doesn’t try to score instead stick handles for a second then passes back to Quinn or JT. All advantage is lost when he does that. 
He won’t be in the leafs game with tonight’s effort 100% guaranteed

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

If u ever watched a khl game.  That's a dirty league, they whack sticks at ur knees mid game uncalled.

The thing is if you trade Kuz, he's probably going to be a regular 70-80 point guy. He's legit just not a Tocchet player and when the coach has 0 faith in you, you essentially end up playing scared. Tough situation for the guy, he's still a player that has all-star potential in my eyes.

Edited by KingRaj91

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

@stawns I don't deny that his value may be lowered but I find it understandable. We had no clue how the season was going to play out so dealing him in the summer was not a real error. During the season he has gotten lost in the winning. It happens. Sure, it probably would have been better to deal him earlier but it is what it is. Sometimes players just don't perform as expected.

We should still get something for him.

Cap space is enough really...still king this year as we've already seen 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Then it's on the coaching staff and front office for either not being honest or not communicating how they felt about Kuz in the off season.  Obviously Tocchet doesn't like his style of play and that was clear last season even.

They should have been honest with themselves and moved him in the off season.  It's no secret who kuz is.......you're either ok with that of you move him.  You don't sit him in the press box or staple his ass to the bench endlessly.  They've completely destroyed any value he had

And raised the value of 80% of the team, some by a lot to the point where it's going to be hard to fit them all in next season.    

• Cheers 1

Out of the numerous trades Alvin has made I'm trying to think of any that have been bad. Not to mention Hronek and Kuzy who was a signing. 

1. Lafferty 

2. DeSmith

3. Bluegar

4. Zadorov

5. Soucy

6. Cole

7. Zadorov

8. Suter

9. Joshua

10. Aman

11. Mikheyev.

I'd have to say Mikheyev hasn't looked nearly as fast as he was before his injury.  I haven't seen Tocchet use his speed, but maybe he's just not fast anymore.

Other than that all the other trades have been solid to great.

3 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Trade the Russians 

2 hours ago, Mordekai said:

Canucks play a structured and predictable game. Kuzy isn’t going to the right place when he doesn’t have the puck and confuses his linemates up when he does that. On top of that he is giving pucks away and doing behind passes that turnover on offence chances. On pp coach talks about attacking but when kuzy has the puck he doesn’t try to score instead stick handles for a second then passes back to Quinn or JT. All advantage is lost when he does that. 
He won’t be in the leafs game with tonight’s effort 100% guaranteed

Tocchet on Kuzz

aint nobody got time for that GIF

The Canucks are so much better with Zadorov in the line up than they are with Beauvillier.   From Horvat to Pearson to Beauvillier every move Alvin has made has been needed for the Canucks to be where they currently are.  Genius Pro scouting

4 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Ugh those guys are so frustrating, especially Kuzy. 

He had a bad game, I guess? I didn't catch the game tonight, someone tell me why was that entire second line bad? 

12 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

The Canucks are so much better with Zadorov in the line up than they are with Beauvillier.   From Horvat to Pearson to Beauvillier every move Alvin has made has been needed for the Canucks to be where they currently are.  Genius Pro scouting

Which is why they probably need to bring him back. 

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Out of the numerous trades Alvin has made I'm trying to think of any that have been bad. Not to mention Hronek and Kuzy who was a signing. 

1. Lafferty 

2. DeSmith

3. Bluegar

4. Zadorov

5. Soucy

6. Cole

7. Zadorov

8. Suter

9. Joshua

10. Aman

11. Mikheyev.

I'd have to say Mikheyev hasn't looked nearly as fast as he was before his injury.  I haven't seen Tocchet use his speed, but maybe he's just not fast anymore.

Imagine having a competent GM....

Benning was totally incompetent at his job. I'm surprised that he survived as long as he did in his role at the NHL level. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Imagine having a competent GM....

Benning was totally incompetent at his job. I'm surprised that he survived as long as he did in his role at the NHL level. 

New management encourages their scouts to do their jobs, and we see the great results. Benning/Brod silenced any voices that didn’t echo their ideas. Hence a big mess. 

Zadorov on tonight’s feistiness: “Some teams want to challenge us but we’re ready to go. Guy is challenging the whole bench so someone’s got to take the fight”

We totally needed this.

WTG Big Z

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

1. Lafferty 

2. DeSmith

3. Bluegar

4. Zadorov

5. Soucy

6. Cole

7. Zadorov

8. Suter

9. Joshua

10. Aman

11. Mikheyev.

I think you missed zadorov.