[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

6 minutes ago, Whaleroad Train said:

I suppose in today's terms all the things that the Coyote orders would come from Amazon.

Damit the Amazon empire was in front of us the whole time! How was Bezos the one to see it after all those years!! 

44 minutes ago, Vancan said:

The way the standings are a van-wpg conference finals is very likely. A first or second wildcard team 1st round, is the goal for starters. Keep the foot on the gas to ensure this boys!!!

I'd say it's extremely unlikely. Usually at least one and usually more upsets in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I can't believe I'm going to see him instead of watching my Canucks. If it was anyone else but my kids inviting me, I'd be opting out.

An old Richmond alumni.

You’re in for a treat for sure! The boys will make sure it’s a boring run up or the scoreboard so the highlights suffice. 

25 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Damit the Amazon empire was in front of us the whole time! How was Bezos the one to see it after all those years!! 

Actually ACME is more like department store catalogue. Amazon doesn't make anything. It's just an online retailer/reseller.

ACME has more in common with Sears than Amazon.

Once again, changing times.

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Having the sort of same situation with my Dad. He lives in Winnipeg (where I'm originally from), and he's a Jets fan, but he really likes the Canucks too and even stays up to watch the games. Kind of nice to be talking about how well our teams are doing these days. Would really like to see a VAN-WPG conference final next spring.

I wish I could talk to my dad about Canucks hockey. He's not into hockey at all 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Vancan said:

That will be be a wild card team sweeping the Leafs. 

If they're not a wildcard team themselves. Heck they're only 2 points out of missing the playoffs. Now that would be splendid.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

If they're not a wildcard team themselves. Heck they're only 2 points out of missing the playoffs. Now that would be splendid.

Haha thought that right after I sent it. Ontario would shut down till further notice if they missed out. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Leafs come out of the east to the Cup Final, and we beat them in 5. The Mrs. Tosses Alf out the window. Alf sleeps on the deck under a tarp. 

Worth it. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

The way the standings are a van-wpg conference finals is very likely. A first or second wildcard team 1st round, is the goal for starters. Keep the foot on the gas to ensure this boys!!!

Would be so happy if they made it that far in the playoffs -  still too many variables to come before that can happen - the coaching staff will treat it a game at a time right now and focus on solidly making the playoffs (compared to barely squeaking in) + continue to improve team play - do that, they will then begin on preparing the next steps - we worry about which team to play - but upsets happen which throws everything out of whack (eg. Vegas not having to play the Avs last year).

So many teams that can go on a run in the playoffs should they make it - EDM looks like a different team and what is telling is how many times they have come back to win in the past 11 games. They + Calgary are starting to heat up so the Canucks should continue to match some of their success for the next while and not be too complacent of their current standing.

For us good guys tonight, hope we can carry some momentum from the road trip against a pretty competitive AZ team - lets try to win this one to kick off the home stand.

Just Win.jpg

2 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Would be so happy if they made it that far in the playoffs -  still too many variables to come before that can happen - the coaching staff will treat it a game at a time right now and focus on solidly making the playoffs (compared to barely squeaking in) + continue to improve team play - do that, they will then begin on preparing the next steps - we worry about which team to play - but upsets happen which throws everything out of whack (eg. Vegas not having to play the Avs last year).

So many teams that can go on a run in the playoffs should they make it - EDM looks like a different team and what is telling is how many times they have come back to win in the past 11 games. They + Calgary are starting to heat up so the Canucks should continue to match some of their success for the next while and not be too complacent of their current standing.

For us good guys tonight, hope we can carry some momentum from the road trip against a pretty competitive AZ team - lets try to win this one to kick off the home stand.

Just Win.jpg

So many positive stats in this years team. I think my fav is the only team to not lose 3 straight games. Sounds like a recipe for playoff success to me. 

2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Waiting…waiting…waiting…

I’m just starving for more Canucks hockey!!

Yes.  Reminds of back in 2011 era.  And also back in the WCE era, where one is almost pissed at the team for not playing for two days in between a game!  :classic_angry:.   Winning is addictive. And I'm jonesin'

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yes.  Reminds of back in 2011 era.  And also back in the WCE era, where one is almost pissed at the team for not playing for two days in between a game!  :classic_angry:.   Winning is addictive. And I'm jonesin'

Since the leafs are in town Saturday, CBC has mysteriously chosen for a early Van home start time. Have no idea why they would do that.......

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The Flamer coach Hartley ended up in Siberia with the KHL. I didn't blame Tort's for his reaction at all. Glad he is doing well in Philly. 

Any person with half brain is staying thousand miles away from russia now.  Not only because it's political situation, but simply for the sake of self safety and security, especially in business that requires a lot of travel. Every week there are multiple incidents with russian plains , it is only a matter of time when they start coming down in bunches. Sorry for the off top.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Since the leafs are in town Saturday, CBC has mysteriously chosen for a early Van home start time. Have no idea why they would do that.......

You're just figuring this now?

They've been doing early start times on Leaf games in Vancouver for years.

Even Dave Pratt would rant on about it.

(The reality is the networks don't want their precious Golden Horseshoe crowd, staying up past 10 pm EST)