[GDT] Thursday, Jan18/24: Arizona DOGS (21-18-3) @ Vancouver GODS (29-11-4) 7:00pm at Roger's Arena SNP TV & 650 AM Radio

Goal_thecup

Not gonna lie, going to go hit the big screen and catch a bit of CGY's game, picked them on my 'Canadian" bet as an upset win. hehe. Can't wait for Canucks though, this will have to do for half an hour. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Any person with half brain is staying thousand miles away from russia now.  Not only because it's political situation, but simply for the sake of self safety and security, especially in business that requires a lot of travel. Every week there are multiple incidents with russian plains , it is only a matter of time when they start coming down in bunches. Sorry for the off top.

Did Virtanen not go there? At one point he did. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You're just figuring this now?

They've been doing early start times on Leaf games in Vancouver for years.

Even Dave Pratt would rant on about it.

(The reality is the networks don't want their precious Golden Horseshoe crowd, staying up past 10 pm EST)

Oh I know was joking, and trying to ease the pain for waiting on games. For sure if Montreal was playing it would be the regular late game. Just special treatment for the princess. 

• Like 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

Oilers down 2-0 to SEA in the 1st. 🤣

It’s funny for sure. But gotta hand it to the oilers. They really went from a disastrous season to being a playoff team. They’re only one point behind LA for 3rd in the division. Crazy how close this whole season has been. I can see Oilers being third in the division and LA dropping down to a wildcard position.

5 hours ago, Goalie Interference said:

For the only time this season I'll forgive them looking past this game if it means they win on Saturday. I don't worry about having to hear Arizona media crow for 3 months about how they played their best game of the year against the Canucks. 

I don't know about that. The 3 Coyote fans can be pretty cocky.

• Haha 1

Watching the end of the avs bruins game and holy rusted metal batman, the announcer is the absolutely awful at calling a game

there was a point where he was just saying the names

its like he doesnt know what he is trying to say and is just going word for word in his thought process

if bettman want’s better viewer numbers in the states he could start with better commentary 

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

How can I not love this team right now, but that second line, shudder. If team struggles, definitely look for some line juggling. 

Edited by Rekker

5 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Watching the end of the avs bruins game and holy rusted metal batman, the announcer is the absolutely awful at calling a game

there was a point where he was just saying the names

its like he doesnt know what he is trying to say and is just going word for word in his thought process

if bettman want’s better viewer numbers in the states he could start with better commentary 

It’s likely Jack Edwards you’re referring to. It’s hard to endure his speech. 

I read he’s seriously ill with mitochondrial dysfunction . It’s a difficult condition. I’m not sure why he retains his position. 

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You're just figuring this now?

They've been doing early start times on Leaf games in Vancouver for years.

Even Dave Pratt would rant on about it.

(The reality is the networks don't want their precious Golden Horseshoe crowd, staying up past 10 pm EST)

Meet the Benjamins 🔋

Funny thing is they would probably have more viewership with a later game. That way the fickle Leaf fans would be forced to stay up and watch too. We're here regardless. Maybe not. Who knows, who cares. Kick their ass anytime.

• Like 1