(Rumour-Eklund) Buchnevich on the Block?

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

He's also earning 8.1M over 8 years? 

How do we fit that under our cap issues? 

I'm not saying go for him, I'm saying he's worth much more than Buch. And tbh, the kids 24 and signed for 8 years, if you want to give up future assets that's the type of guy to go for, a cost-controlled young all-star. Not Guentzel.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

I'm not saying go for him, I'm saying he's worth much more than Buch. And tbh, the kids 24 and signed for 8 years, if you want to give up future assets that's the type of guy to go for, a cost-controlled young all-star. Not Guentzel.

220 pound right shot centre too, who puts up ppg and is a plus player. 

I don't believe a word that eklund says. And even if they were trying to trade Pavel, the price tag would be high. And I look at Boston last season, the went out and fucked up their team chemistry, and I'm sure none of us want that. So if you add, add depth pieces.

• ThereItIs 1

My take on buechnevich is he plays a similar game as mikheyev but has a more talented touch, even tho this is eklund and has a negative chance of it being true, I believe buchnevich would fit a line with suter and mikheyev as one of the leagues best shut down lines, they would be able to skate with anyone and elite defensive hockey, great for a team that doesn’t have to play catch-up very often and when they do have to easy enough to mix and match to get more offence spread out 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Captain insano said:

My take on buechnevich is he plays a similar game as mikheyev but has a more talented touch, even tho this is eklund and has a negative chance of it being true, I believe buchnevich would fit a line with suter and mikheyev as one of the leagues best shut down lines, they would be able to skate with anyone and elite defensive hockey, great for a team that doesn’t have to play catch-up very often and when they do have to easy enough to mix and match to get more offence spread out 

I agree.  If we have an elite shutdown line then that puts less pressure on the Lotto Line to perform.  And it also allows our 3rd line to have less defensive responsibilites.

Buchnevich or Eriksson Ek would fit the bill on the 2nd line to complement Mikheyev and Suter.  We can then give more time for Lekkerimaki to develop and not rush him into the lineup...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  If we have an elite shutdown line then that puts less pressure on the Lotto Line to perform.  And it also allows our 3rd line to have less defensive responsibilites.

Buchnevich or Eriksson Ek would fit the bill on the 2nd line to complement Mikheyev and Suter.  We can then give more time for Lekkerimaki to develop and not rush him into the lineup...

Yep, would give us the flexibility of doing a shut down line with the Lotto intact or adding more talent to Petey's wing if split (or replacing PDG with Miller and Boeser).

2 lineup potentials assuming Kuz is part of the package to get Buchnevich due to salary needing to leave to bring his cap in.

Petey Miller Boeser

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Mikheyev Suter Buchnevich

Hoglander Aman (or ideally replaced for a cheap 2 way vet) Lafferty

or

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Petey Buchnevich

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Karlsson/Bains/Pod  Suter  Lafferty

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Tower102 said:

Yep, would give us the flexibility of doing a shut down line with the Lotto intact or adding more talent to Petey's wing if split (or replacing PDG with Miller and Boeser).

2 lineup potentials assuming Kuz is part of the package to get Buchnevich due to salary needing to leave to bring his cap in.

Petey Miller Boeser

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Mikheyev Suter Buchnevich

Hoglander Aman (or ideally replaced for a cheap 2 way vet) Lafferty

or

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Petey Buchnevich

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Karlsson/Bains/Pod  Suter  Lafferty

Yes, for sure if we brought in Buchnevich or even Eriksson Ek, we would need some cheap contracts in the lineup.  I don't think Blueger comes back in those scenarios though.  Cap will be tight...

13 hours ago, KingRaj91 said:

Yeah, no, I agree. Guentzel I think would cost way too much to acquire, might even cripple our organizational depth. Don't think that's worth it. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Eklands still around!?!?!? 😯 How does he survive? 

Rumor mills always gets people's attention. Not surprised that he's survived this long. Making up bullshit rumours and getting people talking about it. 

21 hours ago, Coconuts said:

This source is a load of crap

E5

Most of the sources for these rumour posts are crap. Most of them don't even have a source. Just the NHL trade rumours website saying random stuff. Rumour tag has been trampled on, 90% of the stuff that strolls through here is speculation.

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Most of the sources for these rumour posts are crap. Most of them don't even have a source. Just the NHL trade rumours website saying random stuff. Rumour tag has been trampled on, 90% of the stuff that strolls through here is speculation.

Yes, but even on CDC Eklund had a reputation for being especially bad. Eklund, and the whole E5 bit, are cultural jokes at this point. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Yes, but even on CDC Eklund had a reputation for being especially bad. Eklund, and the whole E5 bit, are cultural jokes at this point. 

Yeah very few of the sources we use are any good. They're just fun to use as talking points. Not to mention CDC turned on Friedman at some point despite him actually being good at his job.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah very few of the sources we use are any good. They're just fun to use as talking points. Not to mention CDC turned on Friedman at some point despite him actually being good at his job.

I don't get the Friedman bit. I understand that some folks don't like him becoming more of a personality, but I find he's one of the more reliable guys out there. 

21 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I don't get the Friedman bit. I understand that some folks don't like him becoming more of a personality, but I find he's one of the more reliable guys out there. 

Our fan base doesn’t know what they want, the only real homers I’ve noticed this year tho have been the drance boys dieing on that hill, it’s like they won’t be happy unless the Canucks start failing so they can be like “see”

• Huggy Bear 1