PGT - Arizona at Vancouver - 01/18/2024

PhillipBlunt

24 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Refs should be fined for letting O'Shitforbrains roam the ice. 

Zadorov isn't the greatest fighter but he's big and quite strong and can be a deterrent to guys like O'Brien.   

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Zadorov isn't the greatest fighter but he's big and quite strong and can be a deterrent to guys like O'Brien.   

Yeah, those punches didn't have any real technique to them. He kind of just whipped his fists at him. 

Also didn't have a good angle to lay on him.

• Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Not so sure, I think he might have just had a career year right off the hop

Boeser's overall game is also better

Mikheyev also brings elements of speed and savvy Kuz doesn't 

He just doesn't look like much of a fit under Tochett

I think that what's going on with Kuz could be complicated.  He doesn't seem as happy as he was last season.  Can't speculate as to why.  His offseason training, this was talked about at the beginning of the season, wasn't really what was asked and it's very hard to correct for not being in the right kind of shape once games have started.  This is the biggest head scratcher for me this season.  I can't say if it's coaching.  I think he did pretty good the last half of last year.

Mikheyev is a keeper.  Good on the pk, defensively responsible, fast, although they need to be patient with his recovery from knee surgery because it can take a couple of years to get over that kind of injury.  He's priced right, next year will be better.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Ehrhoff wasn’t very tough although he was a great offensive defence man  Hammy was very solid I agree and Salo was made of glass - always injured… I think our current defence is better to be honest with you… They are tougher and our top defensive pairing is better than the 2011 top defensive pairing

I agree as well. I think our current defence is more talented. But I said I would take our 2010-2011 lineup, not that they were better. I suppose it’s just nostalgia that while I think this is the most talented blue line we’ve had since then, that I would still trust our 2010-2011 blue liners more. 

29 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah, those punches didn't have any real technique to them. He kind of just whipped his fists at him. 

Just watched the Tocchet post game interview.  He was really holding back a smile when asked about the fight.  I bet he pushes to re-sign Zadorov

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Buddy was turtling good to dodge those hammers

4 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Regardless of when they make the line up, I see Bains having a bigger impact at the NHL level than Podz will. Unfortunately I feel like Podz is the prospect that we all wish made it but he will fall short. Just have that feeling about him.

It's will take a while for fanboys to figure out that, sadly, Podz is not an NHLer.  I'd like to see this Bains!

3 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I agree as well. I think our current defence is more talented. But I said I would take our 2010-2011 lineup, not that they were better. I suppose it’s just nostalgia that while I think this is the most talented blue line we’ve had since then, that I would still trust our 2010-2011 blue liners more. 

Interesting…

why is that? Cuz they had more playoff experience?

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I think that what's going on with Kuz could be complicated.  He doesn't seem as happy as he was last season.  Can't speculate as to why.  His offseason training, this was talked about at the beginning of the season, wasn't really what was asked and it's very hard to correct for not being in the right kind of shape once games have started.  This is the biggest head scratcher for me this season.  I can't say if it's coaching.  I think he did pretty good the last half of last year.

Mikheyev is a keeper.  Good on the pk, defensively responsible, fast, although they need to be patient with his recovery from knee surgery because it can take a couple of years to get over that kind of injury.  He's priced right, next year will be better.

Yup 

you nailed it on the knee recovery - his skating isn’t where is was post op…

14 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Interesting…

why is that? Cuz they had more playoff experience?

Maybe? I can’t quite put my finger on it but I feel that unit was deeper overall than our current one. Higher end talent now - but deeper overall then maybe? And I love this blue line. So like I said - probably just nostalgia coming through.

7 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Maybe? I can’t quite put my finger on it but I feel that unit was deeper overall than our current one. Higher end talent now - but deeper overall then maybe? And I love this blue line. So like I said - probably just nostalgia coming through.

Totally get it … maybe the 2011 team had more ‘personality’ - swagger - attitude 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Good thing I missed this game....not sure my bp could've taken this.

Not too sure the contract needed to keep Zadorov but having a guy who can play and is that tough (and such a good teammate) is really important.