PGT - Arizona at Vancouver - 01/18/2024

PhillipBlunt

34 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Our second line seems like the obvious weakness on this roster, which is why it's encouraging that the Canucks supposedly want to bolster their top six 

I do think it'll end up being a winger, and that Kuzmenko probably ends up being flipped as part of said deal

I'd rather keep Kuz than Mik because of that knee injury. 

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's the tricky part, it'll have to be a cap in/cap out move which means it'd require moving a larger cap hit. Likely one of Garland, Kuzmenko, or maybe even Mikheyev. 

It's what Tochett thinks that matters though, what him and management think, not so much what the fans think. I don't necessarily think it'll be an easy trade to make, but I could see Kuzmenko being open to a fresh start somewhere else, he's going to want to get another contract after this one so it makes sense for him to try and rebuild his value. And I do think his value has taken a hit this season. 

He'll be 30 when his deal is up, seems likely he'll want to stay in this league as opposed to going back to the KHL. Kuz does have a 12-team NTC though, so it's not as if he can just be traded anywhere. 

Unless Myer's gets a equipment rash and goes on ltir til the playoffs aka Stone aka Kucherov aka Hossa

6M more in the kitty

:hurhur:

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That was a fuck around and find out game for the flea bitten, mange infested mongrels. 

Scoring that goal tonight will be the highlight of squirmott’s year. 

Watching Zadorov beat that loathsome hobo muppet O’Brien was a great part of the game. 

Tell us how you really feel, Blunt!

Seriously now, well said!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Exactly. We may be the first, and the smartest. But why won't you answer the question? Would you trade Boeser for a DJ clone? I would and perhaps there is a GM out there dumb enough to do it for the exact reason you espouse. But as I said, this is a pipe dream for me because no GM would want to face the outrage of the majority of fans who are like you and can't see past the statistics.

With all due respect...

IMG_7106.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Down By the River said:

It's not just bad puck luck. He simply does not move his feet enough. Whether it is conditioning or lack of awareness, he is regularly on the wrong side of the puck. 

Not saying this specifically of you, but too many Canuck fans cling on to Kuzmenko because he has an extremely likeable personality. I don't disagree, but that's not enough to overlook the mistakes that he makes. And yes, Hronek et al. make mistakes too, but too often Kuzmenko is on the wrong side of things. 

He is going to the positions he’s is told to .

crease , high slot, side of net..  

he could have had 3 goals last night,  deflections just missed the hit / goal mark

• ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd rather keep Kuz than Mik because of that knee injury. 

I think there'd be more interest in Kuz though, less term and whether he's regressed or not last season's numbers are still very recent 

He's probably not the player he was last season but he's probably better than he has been this season, the real Kuzmenko is probably somewhere in the middle 

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think there'd be more interest in Kuz though, less term and whether he's regressed or not last season's numbers are still very recent 

He's probably not the player he was last season but he's probably better than he has been this season, the real Kuzmenko is probably somewhere in the middle 

Kuz will bounce back like Boes. I guess I'm saying get what you can for Mik instead. As a cap dump and use that cap for an upgrade.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Our second line seems like the obvious weakness on this roster, which is why it's encouraging that the Canucks supposedly want to bolster their top six 

I do think it'll end up being a winger, and that Kuzmenko probably ends up being flipped as part of said deal

I don't think it's the 2nd line anymore.  The "no name line" produces far more regular and has been for a lot longer a time period.  And the 3rd line Kuzy, Suter and Mikheyev isn't working for 1 reason, because Kuzy doesn't want to go to the front of the net.  It's dangerous going to the net yes but that's what he's being paid $5.5 mill for.  He had no problem going to the net last year.  Looks like Jim R isn't in a rush to trade him though and I agree he's playing with no confidence.

Edited by Pure961089
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Kuz will bounce back like Boes. I guess I'm saying get what you can for Mik instead. As a cap dump and use that cap for an upgrade.

I think we are all pulling for Kuz, such an easy guy to root for. I just love players that are so happy when they score, like it was their first ever. Used to drive me nuts how Naslund mostly didn't have much expression when scoring. Really want him to turn it around but in reality, it isn't looking good.

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Mik is so responsible defensively though. I get what your saying but there is upside to Mik's game and I'm betting he will be an important part of the team if they make playoffs. I'm superstitious, lol, so never count my chicks. No playoffs till playoffs. Thing with Kuz though is I don't want a cap dump back. It's either futures or a decent player, or ride Kuz out and see how goes.

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I think we are all pulling for Kuz, such an easy guy to root for. I just love players that are so happy when they score, like it was their first ever. Used to drive me nuts how Naslund mostly didn't have much expression when scoring. Really want him to turn it around but in reality, it isn't looking good.

It took awhile for Boes to come back around. But he did. I think he's just snake bit for now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Mik is so responsible defensively though. I get what your saying but there is upside to Mik's game and I'm betting he will be an important part of the team if they make playoffs. I'm superstitious, lol, so never count my chicks. No playoffs till playoffs. Thing with Kuz though is I don't want a cap dump back. It's either futures or a decent player, or ride Kuz out and see how goes.

Yeah I see Mik as a reliable bottom 6. Not a top 6 anymore. Too bad that injury sucks. But we have to be realistic about his knee. Not sentimental of what he could be.

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

It took awhile for Boes to come back around. But he did. I think he's just snake bit for now. 

Oh ya, Kuz confidence is shot. His game is going to the goal scoring areas, and he's just late to the party all the time now. I bet a multi goal game would do wonders for him. 

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah I see Mik as a reliable bottom 6. Not a top 6 anymore. Too bad that injury sucks. But we have to be realistic about his knee. Not sentimental of what he could be.

I do agree, it's a business. Most every player is tradeable if it makes the team better. 

• Cheers 1