PGT - Arizona at Vancouver - 01/18/2024

PhillipBlunt

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

27-0-1 when leading after 2

Believe its the fastest ever to 30 wins

Joshua great game....

By three games if I am not mistaken over the 2010 - 2011 team.

• Upvote 3
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, 1-d said:

That was an unnecessarily hard fought game against desert mutts.

Anyway we're marching on while LA and Vegas are stuttering. Edmonton can win all the games they want against bottom feeders, only to miss the playoffs by 2 points.

Wouldn’t that just be an appropriate reward…..

• Haha 1

well as many has mentioned its nice to get the W but we see the issue of Kuzmenko. we need a top winger on the 2nd line that produces and Kuz has lost his way. he has zero confidence and squeezes his stick way too tight, hesitating and making forced plays to try and make something happen.  Im happy with mikheyev though, he produced earlier and is still a strong strong skater that has good defensive qualities. The Kuz from previous season found positions and made use of his release earnin him a rank on a top line. this was painful to watch. 

whos gonna take his place? Hogs is not quite there yet, probably needs another season before he can go on a top 6 role permanently, finding his way. 

Can Kuzmenko comeback to a role in Tocchets system or no? we saw issues of this already previous season....now its even worse. 

11 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Edmonton is gonna make the playoffs sadly

No doubt in my mind. I just hope the Nucks beat them on April 13th in Edmonton to make my trip to Rogers Place worth the 1000.00 weekend.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Mik's issue is his knee.

Kuz's issue is between his ears.

At least Mik isn't defensively a liability. And he's on pace for what he got last year.

Kuz may have a higher offensive ceiling, but he needs to shoot more, and make better decisions with the puck.

Can the Canucks try and just keep both and if neither can get it together next season make a trade(s) early in the year?

• Upvote 2

Wish the refs hadn't made the game harder than it had to be (joke interference call on Miller for Boeser's goal, among the many non-calls throughout the game). I don't get why the Canucks can't figure out that putting a body in front of the net on the powerplay will get them some PP goals

• Cheers 2

Nice to see we can keep winning with a 2nd line that is pretty much missing in action. But that's not gonna cut it in the playoffs, they need to sort that out. The $10M that Mik and Kuz are making together could definitely be going towards 2nd line wingers that are a way better fit for this team. If management can pull something off there, I'll be super impressed and would expect the Canucks to have a deep playoff run.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m tired of this Kuzmenko crap.  Just trade the f*ckin guy already…

I think they'd have to be content with getting scraps for him at this point though. Then again, even scraps would probably be a better fit for this team right now.

• Cheers 1

I’m betting EDM has played more home games than away,..or it’s even at best.

Canucks have played 5 more road games than home games…and our  Nux record is better.  

EDM will yet face more challenges &  adversity this season, mark my words. 

• Like 3

I’m just going to say it. I think Kuzy’s hockey IQ isn’t very high. 

His skills are off the charts. He can skate as well as anybody and his stick handling is magical. However, he isn’t able to generate chances because he doesn’t see the ice at a high level. He plays selfish hockey and it looks great when things are going his way but when things aren’t, he looks lost. Now, he’s incredibly desperate for a goal so he’s trying to do everything himself. He doesn’t create chances for his line mates and often goes for low-percentage plays and relies solely on his physical abilities. Not to mention his poor forechecking and defensive abilities… things just aren’t looking great for him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if those two are both being shopped. Gotta find a way to keep the guys who have stepped up all year, and it's been many others than them. I hope they turn things around or Allvin finds a way to improve the team, which is hilarious to say since we're #1 in the NHL. 

I hate it when people want to shop people who are playing like crap. Shop the guys who are playing over their head. Boeser for instance. Boeser has been getting the Cody Hodgson treatment, maybe someone will bite. Then move Kuz into his place and get rid of him too.

Just so i don't seem to negative, Hogs, Garland, Joshua, Blueger, even Petey...Wow. Also Soucy and Huggy.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Gotta solve the Kuzmenko problem.

I really thought he would turn things around. He’s been positionally better but that’s about it. Everyone who plays with him this year gets dragged down. Put him with Petey and he slows down, put him with Sutr he goes silent, put him on the 4th line and they look like crap. I really feel for him, he’s a great guy but i’m almost at the point of saying screw it, send him to the farm to get his mojo back. No one will claim him anyways.

I never expected him to go full Vrbata…but here we are.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1