PGT - Arizona at Vancouver - 01/18/2024

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I’m betting EDM has played more home games than away,..or it’s even at best.

Canucks have played 5 more road games than home games…and our  Nux record is better.  

EDM will yet face more challenges &  adversity this season, mark my words. 

Edmonton is literally 1 player injury away from completely imploding. 

At least with us, without Petey we still have Miller.m and vice versa. If both fall, still have Hughes and Demko holding the fort. 

Just now, Jester13 said:

Why move guys who are stepping up and playing great? Those are the guys you win with. Keep the guys aren't? Weird strategy.

Because you can get something for them. Boeser is playing good but what would he be doing without JT or Petey? He's missing too many chances now too. But this is wishful thinking on my part. Not gonna happen. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

Why move guys who are stepping up and playing great? Those are the guys you win with. Keep the guys aren't? Weird strategy.

Because you can get something for them. Boeser is playing good but what would he be doing without JT or Petey? He's missing too many chances now too. But this is wishful thinking on my part. Not gonna happen. 

43 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

In other news Oilers are third in the division and Kings are a wildcard team.

Oil are on fire. Good thing we got the 3 regulation wins against them. Those points are important cause it may come down to the wire the way the Coilers are rolling. Good thing our boys are keeping pace.

Didn’t expect such a good game tonight.  Keller and Cooley are legit elite players. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Good tight game. Arizona played us physical and we didn't back down. Good dress rehearsal for playoffs.

Kuz I'm starting to get worried. Hope he can buy into the system.

Buy-in is there. He's trying... just not getting it, sadly.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Canucks have played 5 more road games than home games…and our  Nux record is better.  

I hope so

27 minutes ago, farinush said:

I’m just going to say it. I think Kuzy’s hockey IQ isn’t very high. 

His skills are off the charts. He can skate as well as anybody and his stick handling is magical. However, he isn’t able to generate chances because he doesn’t see the ice at a high level. He plays selfish hockey and it looks great when things are going his way but when things aren’t, he looks lost. Now, he’s incredibly desperate for a goal so he’s trying to do everything himself. He doesn’t create chances for his line mates and often goes for low-percentage plays and relies solely on his physical abilities. Not to mention his poor forechecking and defensive abilities… things just aren’t looking great for him. 

Good post!  He does need to toughen up and not be afraid to take hits and give them. Don't know if he can turn that corner or not.

33 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Nope. 20 home, 21 away for Oilers.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, farinush said:

I’m just going to say it. I think Kuzy’s hockey IQ isn’t very high. 

His skills are off the charts. He can skate as well as anybody and his stick handling is magical. However, he isn’t able to generate chances because he doesn’t see the ice at a high level. He plays selfish hockey and it looks great when things are going his way but when things aren’t, he looks lost. Now, he’s incredibly desperate for a goal so he’s trying to do everything himself. He doesn’t create chances for his line mates and often goes for low-percentage plays and relies solely on his physical abilities. Not to mention his poor forechecking and defensive abilities… things just aren’t looking great for him. 

Basically someone who isn't playing winning hockey. The guys in Sportsnet mentioned this too actually, last season Canucks weren't playing to win rather score a bunch of goals and to pad stats. This is the environment Kuzmenko thrived I guess. But now the Canucks are playing a more team and structured game, he just hasn't been able to adapt 

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m tired of this Kuzmenko crap.  Just trade the f*ckin guy already…

I was on the patience train but now am ready to write him off. Look at what Joshua and Hogz are doing to earn ice time. I bet those guys are thinking to themselves ‘how the fu*k is he making 5 times as much as us and doing absolutely fu*k all’. Tonight was Kuz worst effort as a Canuck. If you aren’t helping our team win? At least don’t hurt us. Sad thing is not one GM in the NHL is dumb enough to help the TOP team in the league get rid of a 5.5 million dollar boat anchor. 

• Cheers 2