PGT - Arizona at Vancouver - 01/18/2024

PhillipBlunt

If the Canucks decided to send Kuzy down to Abby and he got claimed on the waiver wire... would you be upset? I would be only mildly annoyed. He was basically a free pickup and $5.5m isn't chump change. Of course, he's worth a draft pick at least but I'm not sure how high that would be at this point.

I do think he could be a good goal-scoring NHLer on a different team that plays a bit more of a free-flowing style.

58 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I really thought he would turn things around. He’s been positionally better but that’s about it. Everyone who plays with him this year gets dragged down. Put him with Petey and he slows down, put him with Sutr he goes silent, put him on the 4th line and they look like crap. I really feel for him, he’s a great guy but i’m almost at the point of saying screw it, send him to the farm to get his mojo back. No one will claim him anyways.

I never expected him to go full Vrbata…but here we are.

That is all about positioning.  He is getting better though.   That giveaway hurts him more and had to be benched.  That was obvious benching decision.  I am thinking that he did not pay close attention enough to see where others are.  If there is no passing options, just hold on it and dump if necessary.  I'm sure that some team would absolutely love to have him when they saw him scoring 39 goals last season.   It will however frees up cap space situation for the Canucks if they do waive him.  A season in minor will help if nobody is going to claim but we are not risking our asset for nothing.  

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watching Zadorov beat that loathsome hobo muppet O’Brien was a great part of the game. 

The two times I’ve been beaten up good (12-2) in my life. I was pretty quiet after. O’Brien on the other hand sure had lots to say after some good head shots. 

still wondering how O’Bonehead only got the extra 2 minutes for roughing? I was under the impression that punching opponents barehanded should get 5 or a double minor at the very least. 

• Thanks 1

Very happy with the result tonight - thought it was a hard working team effort against a very competitive Coyote team - I see now why they have beaten the likes of Avs, and the Bruins.- Keller's line with two 20 year olds was also very noticeable.

Given it was the first game back after a long road trip predominately 3 time zones away, thought the Canuck energy level was very good - their defensive play in front of Demko also got a bit better as the game went on and it was great to see them concentrating on the skill of stick checking as several times, players were able to dislodge the puck from the opposing player to nullify a scoring chance.

Not sure what has happened to Kuzmenko this year though - just not getting the looks or have any success with either line - I think he needs to simplify his game and drive to the net more (as he is not a small player) especially if shots outside are not working - kind of like what Joshua has been doing

Rest up tonight guyz - Interesting matinee match-up against Leaf Nation on Saturday  - Canucks will need a full 60m effort + correct the mistakes from their last meeting -

might just come down game of errors and who makes the least along with the better goal-tending.

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

If the Canucks decided to send Kuzy down to Abby and he got claimed on the waiver wire... would you be upset? I would be only mildly annoyed. He was basically a free pickup and $5.5m isn't chump change. Of course, he's worth a draft pick at least but I'm not sure how high that would be at this point.

I do think he could be a good goal-scoring NHLer on a different team that plays a bit more of a free-flowing style.

If he were to get waived I think Chicago picks him up on a freebie and plays him with Bedard.  Then Kuzy will score 50 next year.  Book it...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Kuzmenko is looking like Goldobin did a few years back. Will give you  odd glimpse of skill- enough to keep you hoping- but generally soft all over the ice with defensive brain farts.  not a player you can trust in important close games.

he's been a shadow of the player he was last year.  Unafraid to go to the danger areas.  But once the bag was secured he didn't do those things.  Since he got popped in the nose he's fallen off a cliff.  He had 2 goals vs the Sharks and finished the game a minus 2

• Cheers 1

If they waive Kuzy and he gets picked up then that frees up $5.5 million in cap space.  So we would be in the same situation as when we traded for Zadorov, whereby we wouldn't have to send back any cap to the other team.  This could be a huge advantage in order to get a rental or even a long term asset.

Let's say St. Louis wants to blow it up and doesn't want any salary back.  We could offer them our 1st round pick for Buchnevich and they get him off the books completely for next season.

it would suck to not even get a pick for Kuzy, but unfortunately Tocchet has lowered his trade value to almost zero now.  Better just to cut the losses and move on.  He was a free asset anyways, so we didn't lose anything...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Malibu said:

Because you can get something for them. Boeser is playing good but what would he be doing without JT or Petey? He's missing too many chances now too. But this is wishful thinking on my part. Not gonna happen. 

You do realize we're contending this year, right?

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Is he by any chance related to legendary Canucks defenceman Shane O'Brien? lol

oh, I'm sure some family of theirs got drunk and down to business at some point back on the emerald isle. 

Edited by tas
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pears said:

What's not gonna happen is Allvin even thinking of moving Boeser. Key part of one of the best lines in the entire league and why we're currently first overall? Come on. 

I agree Pear

im not sure why people want to remove the player that is playing well. Its not a constant rebuild. We are first over all in the league, have to be considered a contender for the cup and now you want to trade our leading goal scorer for what? I have waited over 50 seasons to see a team play this well. They are better today than the 2011 team. The 94 team maybe. If we are trading we need to remove the players that are not contributing, even if we waived Kuz it wouldnt be a horrible decision, although i would hate to see him end up on Mc Davids wing. 

Lastly i dont know what more Boeser needs to do to gain some respect. He is on pace for 50 and yet some still think he should be traded. SMH. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3